Thread: SSR1 vs #82 SFP

Post Thanks / Like
    Which one would be best as a final polish to clearing up any marring or light scratches before glaze and LSP? Do they have fillers? Which one is more aggressive? Which leaves the better finish? Which one would look better followed up by RMG/VM?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not used SSR1, but I do love my SFP. SFP has always left a smooth and clear finish on all cars I have detailed. I have found it to be very easy to use even in the sun. I always use less of it than I think I will need though. Small amounts go a long way. After wiping SFP with an alcohol wipe I have not seen any signs of fillers. Of course I always use a rotary with SFP so if it is used by hand or PC you may not get the same results. I have heard that Meguiar`s polishes tend to have some "oils" in them which are AKA fillers, but I am not too worried since SFP is just my final polish anyway. I only use SFP to clean the paint or get rid of some light cob wobs caused by washing.
    Bryan

2003 Mustang Cobra

SSR2.5/ UPP/ Maintained with TOL Bubble Wash/QEW & QS.

Post Thanks / Like
    SSR1 is filler free, SFP is filler heavy. If you are going straight to wax, SFP is great (the fillers make life easier). If you are planning on topping with a glaze like VM, I`d tend towards the SSR1, as its going to give you a better idea of which swirls have been removed and which have been merely hidden (VM is loaded with fillers, so it covers you in that department). Although fillers have gotten a bad rep on the board, they can really make life easier for the non-psycho enthusiast (Don`t take this the wrong way, Accumulator ).
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Thread Information