Post Thanks / Like
    If I use #26 with a polishing pad, will it remove scratches and swirls? I don`t have time to do a full detail on the car (Not mine, friends). So far I have washed and clayed, I need a one step process to finish. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    It might cover a few just due to the nature of it being a carnuba. It is certainly better than nothing, and it will apply well if you have just clayed.

Do you have any other products you could use for a one step? NXT with a polishing pad sounds right up your alley for this particular case.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a small bottle of Mother`s Carnauba Cleaner Wax. Is that better suited?

Post Thanks / Like
    it could be. especially if you don`t have time to polish the paint it could be more beneficial than #26.

Post Thanks / Like
    MEguiar`s #26 paste doesn`t have any polish in it that can effect swirls/light scratches. After applying the finish most likely will be shiny but the defects will still be there. A one-step type product may work well if you don`t have time to polish, the #26 is mainly a LSP in most people`s routine.

The Mother`s cleaner wax is the better choice and many people seem to like it for what it is. A cleaner wax, not the best cleaner, not the best wax, but a compromise product.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    use Mothers PowerPolish then top with#26-should look deep and wet

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bioman

I have [both #26 and] a small bottle of Mother`s Carnauba Cleaner Wax. Is that better suited?

Both those are nonabrasive (IIRC about the Mother`s) and won`t do much except hide the marring a little. I`d find a one-step with abrasives for jobs like this, maybe Meg`s 366 (but only avail. in gallons) or 1z PP or MP.

Sorry, I know this doesn`t do you any good at the present...but it`s something to think about for next time.

For now I`d do the cleaner wax and a quick pass over top with the #26.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking since I am using a polishing pad, it will help get rid of some swirling (or make it less noticeable) even though the wax had no abrasives or cleaners.

Post Thanks / Like
    You might remove some of the swirls but it is a very inefficient way of working and it will take forever.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bioman

I was thinking since I am using a polishing pad, it will help get rid of some swirling (or make it less noticeable) even though the wax had no abrasives or cleaners.

Nah, I`ve never found a polishing pad to have any "cut". If it did it would have too *much* cut for the final polish stages on my Jag`s soft lacquer and I`d have to use a finishing pad for that.

Still, it`ll probably turn out better than you expect. IMO we sometimes get a bit too caught up in the whole abrading-the-paint thing.

Post Thanks / Like
    For a one step polish/wax that will remove light swirls, try Meguiar`s #66.

It`s in the professional line and it`s intended for production detailing shops that want to keep labor costs down.

I haven`t personally used it but I`ve heard that people that use it like it quite a bit.

I`m intrigued enough that I think I will try it myself this summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wblynch

For a one step polish/wax that will remove light swirls, try Meguiar`s #66...

IIRC the #66 only comes in gallons.

Post Thanks / Like
    #26 no cleaners or abrassive its a waste of time to think its gonna remove swrils. Just applying #26 by hand or machine might hide some, but never remove them. Your mothers cleaner wax will work better, but still not that good. NXT will hide them better than any of your choices. I also agree that its best to do two steps like Power polish and #26 if you want to remove them. If your looking for a one step then try 1Z MP so you don`t have to buy in gallons, but its not as strong as #66.
    Eddie

Not a fanatic, but a racer who like his rides clean.

Thread Information