Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,

I was browsing the TOL site and came across their new "Black Velvet" carnauba. It`s specially designed for black cars and the pic of that Saab looks darn good. Has anyone had the chance to try it yet?

It also states that it does a good job of filling in minor imperfections like swirls. Hmm...

Well, here`s the link:

Black Velvet Wax
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks alot like Trade Secret for some reason...

EDIT: Wow, I just realized TOL is the manufacturer for all that stuff...silly me:nixweiss .

Post Thanks / Like
    I made a thread on this awhile back, and no one really seemed to have anything good to say about it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here`s a link to the thread I made:

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...ack+velvet+wax

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s an OK wax but you`ll like Pizazz much better:xyxthumbs

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it and like it. It does go on and off very easily and the shine is deep and very reflective.

With that being said however, I`m not sure what "imperfections" it`s supposed to hide as I found that not to be the case on my Audi.

I was hoping it would make the small rock chips on the front of my hood, the fenders, and on the front spoiler less noticeable. But that was not the case.

Scratches and swirl mark I prefer to polish out so I did not try it on those.

Good wax though for black cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MorBid

I was hoping it would make the small rock chips on the front of my hood, the fenders, and on the front spoiler less noticeable. But that was not the case.

I`m glad I didn`t buy it after hearing that. I was gonna buy it for the same reason but I decided not to, I figured that was a pretty expensive "test", ya know?
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    Theres not a lot you can do for those. I`ve heard that the new Pooboy`s Blue Natty`s is pretty good at hiding those, but then again, most of those claims came from Steve (Poorboy`s world owner). I`ve got a tin on order, so I`ll tell ya how it turns out later this week.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by themightytimmah

Theres not a lot you can do for those. I`ve heard that the new Pooboy`s Blue Natty`s is pretty good at hiding those, but then again, most of those claims came from Steve (Poorboy`s world owner). I`ve got a tin on order, so I`ll tell ya how it turns out later this week.
    I`ve got a white car now, what makes white look good?
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Post Thanks / Like
    Hmm, whites a toughie. I used S100 on the last white car I detailed, and I was fairly happy with it. The Klasse Twins are supposed to look great on white, you might want to give them a shot.

Most white car owners tend to lean more towards a sealant than a carnuba, as they aren`t going to get depth regardless, but a sealant gives better gloss. I`ve also heard reccomendations for Mother`s FX Synwax and UPP, but I haven`t gotten a chance to try them on white personally.

*Edit: now that I think of it, you might want to try Menzerna FMJ if you can stomach the price. It really is a primo sealant. That or Zaino, if its your taste (and you drank the kool-aid ).
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by themightytimmah

Hmm, whites a toughie. I used S100 on the last white car I detailed, and I was fairly happy with it. The Klasse Twins are supposed to look great on white, you might want to give them a shot.

Most white car owners tend to lean more towards a sealant than a carnuba, as they aren`t going to get depth regardless, but a sealant gives better gloss. I`ve also heard reccomendations for Mother`s FX Synwax and UPP, but I haven`t gotten a chance to try them on white personally.

*Edit: now that I think of it, you might want to try Menzerna FMJ if you can stomach the price. It really is a primo sealant. That or Zaino, if its your taste (and you drank the kool-aid ).
    Of the products you mentioned, I have S100 and synwax. Both are equally easy to use, I wonder what SynWax would look like topped w/S100? I think I`ll have to find out!!

I was gonna use my rotary to get the swirls out, but im kinda hesitant. I have a 2004 Monte Carlo which has alot of curves on it and I`ve only done 3 cars w/the rotary so far. I think I`ll just use my PC, take the whole day if I need to, and do the best I can with it. I`ll use Meguiars FC w/a cutting pad first, then Mother`s PowerPolish using a polishing pad and then SynWax with a finishing pad, topped off by S100 by hand. I hope it does the trick.
    I <3 Hi-Temp

Thread Information