Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I got my requested sample packs of the 303 Vinyl Protectant in the mail a couple days ago. I can say that I was not impressed by it a lot. It left an oily texture to the dash and side doors (either that or I didn`t wipe off enough of the product.)

I thought I was putting on Armor All.

What have been your experiences?
    Mine: Camry LE & Sienna XLE LTD. Sister: Sienna LE & IS300. Brother: Tundra, 4Runner, & Celica. In-laws: Avalon LTD & GS300. Sister-in-law: LS430 & SC430. My own parents: ES300. The CarsFreak Family- Powered by Toyota.

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks great ! I guess it is a tactile impression. I think 303 is middle of the road in its "feel". I like the gloss,which is on the lower end of that spectrum also. I have used much worse.

Props to your car though, It looks really nice regardless !:xyxthumbs
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

Post Thanks / Like
    I like PB`s Natural Look for an inside application like that. Only NL and Meg`s interior QD get used on interiors, for me.

I`d keep the 303 for exterior trim, I think you`ll like the way it looks (although not the durability, espicially the way the weather is up here right now).
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a small and have yet to try it out. I guess I`m happy with my 1Z cockpit premium. Goes on smooth, cleans slightly and leaves a nice matt finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks mochamanz.

I really want to try Quik Detailer but unfortunately, I can`t find it around here.

I`m part of the I-HATE-SHINY-DASHES club or IHSD so I hate it when my Camry dash got shiny with AA.
    Mine: Camry LE & Sienna XLE LTD. Sister: Sienna LE & IS300. Brother: Tundra, 4Runner, & Celica. In-laws: Avalon LTD & GS300. Sister-in-law: LS430 & SC430. My own parents: ES300. The CarsFreak Family- Powered by Toyota.

Post Thanks / Like
    Try Wal-Mart, thats where I got mine. You might want to remove the 303 with 10:1 APC before you QD it.
    Once you buff black, you never go back

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CarsFreak

Thanks mochamanz.

I really want to try Quik Detailer but unfortunately, I can`t find it around here.

I`m part of the I-HATE-SHINY-DASHES club or IHSD so I hate it when my Camry dash got shiny with AA.

The all time, longest lasting, far too shiny award goes to NXT Vinyl Protect-ant, If you remove most of it, however, it lasts a long time ! I put some in the wifes car, and it still shows it`s presence 6 months later. I tried it in another vehicle and rubbed it until most of the gloss was gone, and it worked out really well. I guess it depends on how you apply the stuff... So I don`t know if I like this stuff or not... Maybe the lack of much porosity of the surface makes it too glossy .... Verdict is not clear, but it is durable.:xyxthumbs
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

Post Thanks / Like
    My Walmart doesn`t carry any Meguiars products besides NXT & Gold Class wax, unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve found 303 really needs a good buffing with a dry towel after application (don`t just wipe it off, give it a vigorous buffing), both to knock down unwanted gloss, and to "set" the resins in the product. According to 303`s website, this should make the application more durable and it should attract less dust.

Seems to work well for me; YMMV . . .

Tort

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by CarsFreak

I got my requested sample packs of the 303 Vinyl Protectant in the mail a couple days ago. I can say that I was not impressed by it a lot. It left an oily texture to the dash and side doors (either that or I didn`t wipe off enough of the product.)

I thought I was putting on Armor All.

What have been your experiences?

Hmmm? My experiences have been quite the opposite as 303 has never seemed oily to me which is why I use it. It has always left my interior with a natural shine and cleanliness also. I`ve never had to buff it to achieve that as I just wipe it on with a follow up wipe to even it out and then let it sit.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve use 303 for years on the black dash of my Lexus convertible (as well as on all the miles of rubber gaskets in the car) and I have never found it oily or glossy at all, and I don`t really wipe it off too much at all, as I really need the UV protection.

Your interior looks great in the photo, although you might want to invest in a Valentine if you are serious about avoiding tickets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you talking about the 03 Aerospace Protectant or is this a different product?

Post Thanks / Like
    It has been a while since I used 303 but I did not have any of the problems you have.

I think for those who feel 303 is to shiny have a go with One Grand - a very mat finish

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh that thing. Hah, I found it tucked away and thought I could use it since I didn`t want to waste it. I think I bought it in 1994 so it was a long time ago.

I don`t even rely on it. Just wanted to use it so I wouldn`t feel like I`m wasting it.

I just thought it was oily because after I killed my arms giving the dash a good rub, I took my cleaned, dried hands and touched the dash and my hands became oily.

Go figure.

Post Thanks / Like
    Both my cars have black interiors and I use 303 in them. I hate shiny, oily interior dressings and the thing that I like most about 303 is that it leaves a nice, matte finish with just the slightest gloss that lets me know it`s been applied. It works nice on my leather steering wheel too. Since one of my cars is exposed to the sun a lot (top comes down) I really appreciate the superior UV protection.

I guess one person`s idea of dull and/or natural is another person`s idea of shiny.

I find that wiping some Windex on the area you want to remove the 303 from does the trick. I recently had to clean some interior pieces to apply a dash kit and I used Windex and rubbing alcohol to thoroughly remove the the 303.
    I`m sick and getting sicker. But my cars are slick and getting slicker!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information