Post Thanks / Like
    I just received a free 8 oz sample from autogeek and have yet to try it. I want to know if anyone has used the product and how it compares to other of your favorite sealants. How is the slickness, ease of use, wettness, depth, etc.???

I don`t think I will have a chance to use it for a couple of weeks and I am curious how good it is.

Thanks for your help.:up

Post Thanks / Like
    I, too, just bought some of the DP PSS, but have not had a chance to give it a try. Any opinions from the earlier product samples would be greatly appreciated.

Is it just relabled Wolfgang sealant?:nixweiss

Inquiring minds want to know.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be posting a review of the wash, three swirl removers, and the premium surface shield spit shined with the final gloss booster tomorrow or Sat. I planned to do it today but I got rained out since my garages are full.

I do not think it is relabeled Wolfgang since they do smell differently.
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Will try it this weekend against my UPP and FMJ. Might even do a durability test on my hood between the three. Maybe.

I`m more interested in the Final Polish, to see if it`s a good AIO replacement (without the protection). If it really leaves no oils behind, that would be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it leaves no oils behing I would hear how squeeky clean the paint was getting it felt reallly nice afterwords.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it on mom`s car last weekend. Applied via finishing pad on the PC, removed most of it w/ a Sonus DAS microfiber bonnet on the PC after waiting about an hour. Removed three panels by hand just for testing -- came off with just a single swipe. Very easy.

Feels pretty slick a few days later.

In this shot, the pax side of the hood has just 1 layer of the Surface Shield, the driver`s side has the surface shield topped with Signature a a day later. Car was clayed and polished with Optimum Polish.

Rear door here has Signature, everything else just has the Surface Shield. Seems pretty deep.. note that you can see the sky in the quarter panel.

(my webserver has been cranky lately, so it may take a bit for the pictures to show up, sorry )

My car will get treated with it on Saturday I think. Probably do half the hood with (the old) EX-P and the rest of the car w/ the Surface Shield for comparison.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the brief review. Can`t wait to try it for myself.

Don't forget the pedals!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I used it on a dark blue Audi. The vehicle had not been clayed in 5 months, and the swirls were bad, but it was a quickie to use the new products (final finishing polish and premium surface shield) (on a friend`s car). The finishing polish by hand (foam applicator) actually did a lot for the swirls, to my surprise. Left the finish very clean (squeaky clean). Topped with the Premium Shield, the finish was slick. Not Paste Glaz or Wolfgang slick, but pretty darn close. I believe that if I would`ve clayed and machine polished, it would`ve been up there with PG and WG. I have UPP also but haven`t tried it yet. The paint with Surface Shield was quite deep, reminded me of a cross between wolfgang and zaino (meaning it wasnt` as deep as wolfgang). It brought out the metallic nicely.

I`m definitely going to try this on more prepped vehicles and different colors, but from the looks of it now I think it`s a very nice product. We`ll have to see on durability as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t tried the surface shield, but I did receive my can of Max Wax earlier this week. To my surprise when I opened up the box............enclosed was an 8oz. bottle of DP Mild Swirl Eliminator. I just love free stuff!! As for the Max Wax, It looks like it will be awhile before I use it on the "BlkTac". Right now I`m still stunned at the results of 2 layers of the Butter Wet Wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got my DP PSS and did one coat on a dark blue F150 and the results were just stunning. EZ on EZ off and super slick. I do not know if I am nuts or not but, I had just finished my girl friends Mustang a few nights ago with Menzerna FMJ and the DP PSS looked just as good. Is it just me ? Please chime in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bmax

Got my DP PSS and did one coat on a dark blue F150 and the results were just stunning. EZ on EZ off and super slick. I do not know if I am nuts or not but, I had just finished my girl friends Mustang a few nights ago with Menzerna FMJ and the DP PSS looked just as good. Is it just me ? Please chime in.

Wow that would be something, as I have heard nothing but praise for FMJ. I have yet to try it but that will be on my short list of products to buy. (Like I really need any more).

Post Thanks / Like
    IMO, all these liquid polymer products look very similar but the emphasis may be in slightly different areas. Shine, depth, wetness, durability, slickness etc. They all seem to do a great job in these areas, but maybe they differ slightly. Just like two similar carnauba waxes behave and look similar.

Will be interesting to test.

- J

Post Thanks / Like
    Little off topic, but you may be interested......

Originally posted by BlkTac05

I haven`t tried the surface shield, but I did receive my can of Max Wax earlier this week. To my surprise when I opened up the box............enclosed was an 8oz. bottle of DP Mild Swirl Eliminator. I just love free stuff!! As for the Max Wax, It looks like it will be awhile before I use it on the "BlkTac". Right now I`m still stunned at the results of 2 layers of the Butter Wet Wax.

I polished out my SS and applied some Max wax. I am very happy with the look. It smells like souveran, but it is more of a yellow color, and to me, it didnt have the depth of Souveran either. Ease of use is right there with Souveran. It`s very glossy and very reflective. I am happy with the product. It`s nice to have another nice carnauba in that price range. I dont have any pics as my digital camera was with on a little vacation with my sister and my mother.
    ~werd to yo mutha~
    Wade

Thread Information