Post Thanks / Like
    I have a white WRX with paint in good shape apart from a couple of minor swirlmarks.

For my next detail I was going to use PB`s SMR 2.5 to get down through all the 1Z Glanz Wax and try and get rid of some of the swirls and then using one of the two products listed above. My questions are:

1) Has anyone tried putting EX or EX-P over 1Z Glanz Wax? I love how durable it is, the shine is great, but I can`t get any sealants to stick on top (e.g. Klasse SG). I know that any `nuba will work, but for a white car, sealants seem to work better for me than carnuba.

2) How do the durability and ease of application of the Poorboy`s products compare? I understand that both can be layered...should I just layer the EX-P for durability and gloss or does anyone think that there is a benefit to using the EX sealant-carnuba blend on a white car?

3) Are PB`s EX and EX-P compatible with P21s gloss enhancing cleansing lotion? Normally I don`t use cleaners with fillers because I don`t want the filler to interfere with binding of the sealant to the paint...has anyone had any problems with this combo?

Post Thanks / Like
    1. Mike over at 1Z has told me that you should have no problems topping Glanz Wax with S100 or #16 or #26 or any carnauba.

2. PBs products are very user friendly. I have a white X and I put VM/EX x 2 and it looked very nice.

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand that 1Z Glanz Wax is fine with carnuba-based waxes, but the Poorboy`s EX and EX-P are largely acrylic sealant, so I`m wondering if anyone has been able to get a sealant over 1Z.

Thread Information