Post Thanks / Like
    ... the trash can.

It`s "three strikes and your out" for Optimum car wax and I am throwing away about 3/4 of a bottle. To all those of you who use it successfully and like it ... congratulations!

Application is not a problem ... getting it off without streaking is impossible for me. After trying it again last night, I gave up and used EX. I found I could get EX applied and removed "successfully" without streaks faster than I could apply and remove OCW. For me it was wipe on, wipe off, wipe off, wipe off ... but still ended up with streaks.

Anyway, just sharing my experince since all the advice I received concerning this product hasn`t worked so I give up!

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I would gladly have traded you something for it. The only thing I can think is you were using either too much or too little. :nixweiss
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

it was my first time...
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is a sample exchange going on in the "Good Deals" forum, thats about 11 pages long. You should have posted it up there, i`m sure you would have found an Autopian who would have gladly traded with you. :doh

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear it didn`t work out for you, but I agree that some Autopian would have taken it off your hands. Sounds a little sacrilegious to boast about throwing a good wax away on Autopia.:nono

Where you sure your wipe towels were were completely clean and what was on your finish prior to the OCW streaking?

Contrary to your experience, I have successfully used it in the LA humidity and have never encountered any streaking.

I am impressed by what Optimum Polymer Technologies has put out. I just ordered their polish after reading some rave reviews eventhough I still have 3 full bottles of PB`s SSRs and Menzerna FP.:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by chml17l

... Sounds a little sacreligious to boast about throwing a good wax away on Autopia.:nono

Where you sure your wipe towels were were completely clean and what was on your finish prior to the OCW streaking?

I haven`t actually thrown it out yet ... it is sitting in my "never to be used again bin" of products that I typically give away to neighbors or my son`s friends. The surfaces were all different meaning all were clean but different prep: fresh VM base, 4 week old EX-P base, WG Base. All of my MF`s were clean and / or new; the clean ones are washed with der wunderwasche and air dried.

Originally posted by Scottwax

I would gladly have traded you something for it. The only thing I can think is you were using either too much or too little. :nixweiss

I suspect it was too much because when it happened, I tried using even more product but it did not improve the results. I typically applied it as I would a QD. I thought about trading , but thanks to this site, I already have more products than I really need right now (another sacrelige I know)

All of my failings have been evening applications after the sun went down (when the hummidty builds in Louisiana). Although applied in a garage, the garage door is open and hummidty does build. I suspect Moisture is my issue, Hummidty was the main reason I gave up on Zaino three years ago (old Z2) when I had to let stuff sit overnight before I could remove it.

The main thing for me is I was hoping to be able to use OCW as a booster protectant in between main treatments. However, If I use WG, EX, UPP ... etc and can apply / remove it successfully in about the same amount of time as trying apply and remove OCW then OCW has no advantage to me.

Post Thanks / Like
    I suspect it was underlying oils. I use ALOT when I use it, and have never had any issues. On lights or darks!
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use very little and it works fine for me. Try adjusting the amount you use and see if the results are better. It may even be the type of towel you are using.
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I had used OCW for about a month on light and dark color cars without any problem. Did you shake it before use?

OCW is truly WOWO.

I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry to hear about your experience, even sorrier to hear you threw it away. Never had any issues with OCW, actually has become my favorite wax.
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a feeling Poorboy`s PwC would be about the perfect base for OCW. Haven`t tried it yet, but I`m willing to bet it would turn out excellent. I know it works well with Clearkote`s RMG (which has less oils than VM as Patrick was aluding to).
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information