Post Thanks / Like
    Based on experience,

About how long does it take for #80 to be worked in well enough that it turns clear or that pinkish color on a black car with moderate swirls and marring??? :nixweiss

Thanks,

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using a PC? If you do, then you need to see if completly gone(no haze left over) and then just wipe it with MF.

Post Thanks / Like
    I usually hit it with three passes.

A left to right at about 4/4.5, a up/down at about 5, then I finish the way I started, with a left to right at 6.

Ive never witnessed this "pinking" some have spoken of or witnessed.........and have wondered how a creme color product mysteriously turns pink.....
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by a.k.a. Patrick

I usually hit it with three passes.

A left to right at about 4/4.5, a up/down at about 5, then I finish the way I started, with a left to right at 6.

Ive never witnessed this "pinking" some have spoken of or witnessed.........and have wondered how a creme color product mysteriously turns pink.....

I use a similar process but I keep the speed constant at 5... It takes me 1 1/2 - 2 min to work in a 2x2 area.

No pink just a transparent looking "haze". Don`t let it dry you will have a hard time removing.
    2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

Post Thanks / Like
    So the time is basically based on how long after that it has transparently hazed ??

Any numerical time figure on this process length??

One pass means you went from left to right once or you keep moving from left to right --> Right to left until it hazes???

Thanx for the great help.

Post Thanks / Like
    mystickid- Sorry, I can`t even come *close* to guessing how long you actually work it. Sounds sorta funny, huh, what with my having used it plenty of times I just don`t pay attention to time when I`m polishing. You`ll quickly figure out how long it takes when you use it. Look at your removal cloth and make sure there`s no original-color/brownish-green residue. If you work it long enough the little that you wipe off won`t be that original color. Same ole same ole, plan to take more time than you`d first expect.

Hasn`t anybody else ever had the "pink #80 residue" thing? Happens most often when I`m using it by hand. This is on a b/c silver car with nothing "pink colored" on the paint. I have absolutely no explanation for it but it has happened a few times :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

mystickid- Sorry, I can`t even come *close* to guessing how long you actually work it. Sounds sorta funny, huh, what with my having used it plenty of times I just don`t pay attention to time when I`m polishing. You`ll quickly figure out how long it takes when you use it. Look at your removal cloth and make sure there`s no original-color/brownish-green residue. If you work it long enough the little that you wipe off won`t be that original color. Same ole same ole, plan to take more time than you`d first expect.

Hasn`t anybody else ever had the "pink #80 residue" thing? Happens most often when I`m using it by hand. This is on a b/c silver car with nothing "pink colored" on the paint. I have absolutely no explanation for it but it has happened a few times :nixweiss

What color is your pad that you apply the #80 with?
    2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gb387

What color is your pad that you apply the #80 with?

I usually use the green Cyclo pads, but I`ve also used it with Griot`s orange and Lake white.

The "pink" business happened with using a white MF pad and also with a white cotton terry cloth (both situations when I was using the #80 by hand). I dunno if it did the "pink" thing with the other colors of pads or when I used it by hand with green MF towels.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no set `time` or number of passes with #80 or most other polishes. You work them until they clear out or dust (depending on product). I spread #80 with the speed on 5 using a couple of moderate speed passes (4-6" per second) then crank the PC up to 6 and slow down to maybe 1" per second for a couple of passes until the product clears out.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information