Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Floating around the tire dressing threads, *I* came to the conclusion that 2 of the best OTC tire dressings are Eagle one Wet tire shine & Meguiar`s Edurance High glosss Tire gel

Between Eagle one Wet tire shine & Meguiar`s Edurance High glosss Tire gel, which would you guys say is better overall . Durability is big factor for me followd by shine.

how`s the shine in Eagle One vs meguiars endurance?

Thanx guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used both and both are great products. If I had to make choice between the two it would have to go to EO Tire Wet. Its one of my fav tire dressings.

I have tried Megs Insane, Hot Shine, AA. I like all these products but find that EO gives the best look (glossy but not shiny) with the best durability.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    If durability is your main concern then the endurance wins hands down IMO. IMO the endurance is higher gloss and I prefer it to the EO. The EO looks nice and durability is decent, but it did sling on *my* tires. I prefer the original endurance personally, but..
    Word of Mouth Detailing
    A man with experience is not at the mercy of a man with an opinion

Post Thanks / Like
    My vote goes to Eagle One. It`s been one of my favorite dressings since I first tried it about five years ago. I find it to be a very well-balanced product, in that it offers excellent durability with a look that is shiny but not too greasy.

Post Thanks / Like
    From my reading, I was under the impression that Endurance (don`t have it) has better durability than EO Wet. For me, EO Wet tends to last a max of 2 weeks. Only 1 week if it rains during the week. That`s with cleaning the tires every other week. I like the gloss look I get from EO Wet.

What`s everyone`s take on sling ? I get a little sling from EO Wet when I drive after it`s applied. If I do an afternoon application and let it sit overnight, sling is practically non-existent.

Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve got a better one for you if you like the high shine tire look. MOTHER FX TIRE SHINE.it`s better than those 2. i`m not a fan of shinny tires but this is nice stuff.easy to apply and last pretty good.and i can wipe it down and the tires are nice and black with the right amount of shine...give it a try

Post Thanks / Like
    The only tire dressings that I keep around are Wolfgang and Megs Endurance. I find Endurance to be the best locally available option when it comes to dressings because the gloss is not too much (justa tad more than I like) and it lasts for over a week.
    Seeking Donations: Recently Diagnosed With Terminal Senioritis.

Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped using Endurance after my first try with the stuff...slingy!!!
    Not an ordinary teen

Post Thanks / Like
    I hate both but I hate EO less. Endurance is the greasier of the two. Yes, it lasts longer but it turns all the tires I`ve used it on to brown. It actually made my EO foam tire swipe crumble and "decompose" so I figured it would never touch my tires again. It also looks like slathered on grease. I`m glad to throw it in the trash. Oh yeah, it deposits a thick black crude oil slick on my hands or anything that brushes against it. Aaarrrgh!! Also, when you clean your tires, it just gets your brush really nasty.

EO Tire Shine doesn`t fare too well either. It also gets my hands dirty but it is like dirty oil instead of crude oil. It doesn`t sling if given 10 minutes of drying time. It loses 50% of its sheen after my 40-mile commute. A wash or a rain event is more than it can stand. While the tires stay a bit black, they lose that detailed look or sheen (no, I`m not talking about gloss). The finish is very oily/ silicone-y looking.

I prefer a water-based dressing. For that, I`d much rather use original Armor All. It`s much easier to apply as it spreads nicely. I use the tire swipes to avoid a glossy look. It actually looks very much like 303 on the tires. It will survive 1 wash or rain storm. It doesn`t sling if given 5-10 minutes drying time. My tires don`t attract dirt/dust like Endurance or EO. It`s a winner since it`s very much available and inexpensive for an OTC. It works better than Endurance or EO as wheel well dressing, too. You`d have to pay for a pro or boutique product to get something much better.

Post Thanks / Like
    just try them both and see whay YOU like

it will only cost you about $10

everyone has different tastes and there are so many differnt makes of tires it is the only way to know what works for YOU

IMO sling is from too much product or not cleaning the tire first, not the product itself

Post Thanks / Like
    just call it a day and get this instead (it`s a thick white gel and is water based which i prefer)...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    just call it a day and get this instead (it`s a thick white gel and is water based which i prefer)...

I agree. I like that stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stiffdogg06
    I agree. I like that stuff.

LOL, i`m glad i didn`t buy more than one bottle. i`m still on my first one and i`ve used it many, many times...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl3
    LOL, i`m glad i didn`t buy more than one bottle. i`m still on my first one and i`ve used it many, many times...

Me too!

I am still on my first and I almost use it strictly on all the cars I do and my own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does the EO Tire Shine cause browning of tires?

I have a new bottle of EO Tire Shine that`s been sitting on the shelf for over a year, and am tempted to use it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information