Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to purchase a rotary. I was thinking of buying the one that everyone is getting at Harbor Freight for 24.99. But in my searches on rotaries I noticed someone mentioned this one as a alternative http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=92623

I was wondering if anyone has bought this one and how do they like it? If anyone who knows tools well can compare the two and if this one does not match up to the 24.99 I would like to know. The only differences I see are the one I`m interested in has a plastic housing in the front and the load is 9 something amps instead of 11 amps. It does come with a backing plate and it is 300 to 3000 rpms. Thanks for any help in choosing, Wes

Here is the link for the 24.99 one http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46507

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone have any experience with this rotary or have any comment. I would like to order one of the two rotaries in the next couple of days. Thanks, Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t read any reviews on that newer model yet. It looks like it might be a tad lighter (just judging from the motor specs: 9.8 vs. 11 amps), It has the bail style handle like the Makita, and it goes down to 300 RPM vs. 1000 for the older model. I think I`d try the newer one this time around. Just my 2 cents, sorry I can`t offer any first hand experience with the newer version.

If that`s the one you order be sure to write up a review and let us know how you like it!
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, John. I think I will try the new rotary. I like that style handle and the lighter weight will be easier to use all day. I will do a review after I have used it a few times. Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    Heck they`re cheap enough, get `em both....

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom, your right about that. Compared to the Makita and Dewalt they`re a good deal to try out and get some experience before you spend 200 bucks. From my searches and reading it seems like they do a pretty good job for 30 bucks. Wes

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Eliot Ness

I haven`t read any reviews on that newer model yet. It looks like it might be a tad lighter (just judging from the motor specs: 9.8 vs. 11 amps), It has the bail style handle like the Makita, and it goes down to 300 RPM vs. 1000 for the older model. I think I`d try the newer one this time around. Just my 2 cents, sorry I can`t offer any first hand experience with the newer version.

If that`s the one you order be sure to write up a review and let us know how you like it!

You beat me to it my friend!

The "old" one (46507) seems heavier. The "new" one (92623) seems lighter, and the bail handle should make it easier to use. I have the old one and at over 4 kg (8.4 lbs) it becomes tiring quickly.

Thread Information