Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Product:

Poorboy`s World Wheel Sealant

Price & Price Per Ounce:

$15.95 - 8 oz.

$1.99/oz

Manufacturer Claims:

Long lasting protection for wheels against the environment and brake dust...makes clean-ups a breeze, even on the worst wheels. Use it on any type of wheel!

Packaging:

Comes in a plastic, screw top, white jar. The label is easily readable and the package is easy to use.

Color/Scent/Viscosity:

The sealant is a creamy (polish like) texture and purple in color. It smells like Watermelon... .

How I used (as per instructions):

I first washed and clayed my rims, then dryed. I polished out any swirls or light defects, then applied Klasse AIO (I`m sure SSR1, PPP, or PwC would do fine) and removed. I then applied the Poorboy`s Wheel Sealant with a yellow foam applicator to the surface in very thin coats (1 coat per rim). I let it haze up (quickly) and also tried letting it sit for 20 mins...In either case, the Wheel Sealant removed like a breeze with an MF towel.

Overall Thoughts:

The product spread for a VERY long time. I got a sample (1.5 oz) and I have done 2 total coats (inside and outside on 17x7" rims) and it looks like I barely made a dent in the supply. I first applied about 3 weeks ago and it left a very slick surface. It did a bit better job at repelling dust than a waxed/bare wheel, but about on par with a paint sealant. However, I found that the dust/contaminants that did stick were really only sitting on the surface (as opposed to etching). They cleaned up with absolute ease when either S+W`d or washed. After the second coat, I noticed a large increase in wetness/glow/slickness. I heard 3 coats is even better. But for now, I am happy and will continue to use.

Other Notes:

Make sure to do the insides of your wheels for a uniformly beautiful appearance.

Purchasing:

http://poorboysworld.com/wheel-sealant.htm

Pictures:

Any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to reply.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bling bling.... How much did those rims cost???? Maybe I`ll have to get a twin set...

Post Thanks / Like
    I have asked this question before. What makes this a wheel sealant and not just another sealant? What is in it specificly for wheels? If it looks so good and last long and is slick sounds like something you would want to use on the whole car not just wheels. Untill I get a good answer explaining why this is a wheel sealant and not just like any other sealant I will continue thinking it`s just a marketing gimic and keep using Collinite Insulator wax on my wheels.

Post Thanks / Like
    Additional note: If you use a wheel cleaner (not car wash soap or QEW) you will remove the sealant.

If it holds up as along as Collinite IW, then I`ll have to try some out

Another great review Sean :xyxthumbs
    Seth

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Spilchy

Additional note: If you use a wheel cleaner (not car wash soap or QEW) you will remove the sealant.

yeah, that`s been my concern and the reason I don`t wax wheels any longer. OTOH, I do have high hopes for Michelin`s new product which requires less than 5 mins to do all 4 wheels.

Sean, the car is looking great, the wheels are pretty smooth! :xyxthumbs
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the very nice review!

Do you think AIO has any effect on durability or appearance?

What`s on the tires? BNB?

Post Thanks / Like
    Patrick: Jump on ebay. That`s where I picked em up.

stevet: You could be correct, however I was under the impression that Wheel Waxes stood up to heat better and stayed slick during the entire life. So far that belief stands up. I will report back over time.

Seth: Yup, the wheel cleaner will strip the sealant.

Zane: Appearance...no. I polished with Menzerna which has a higher/equal gloss as AIO. Durability, maybe, but I have never really used AIO as a stand alone, so I don`t know how long it`d last.

WG Tire Gel on the tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow...I hope my Wheelwax looks that good! You should try it out too and compare Poorboys and Wheelwax...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Spilchy

True, but a strong cleaner is not needed when the rims are protected with the wheel sealant. Brake dust and anything else just wipes away using S&W or during a regular wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by GSRstilez

stevet: You could be correct, however I was under the impression that Wheel Waxes stood up to heat better and stayed slick during the entire life. So far that belief stands up. I will report back over time.

Wouldn`t you want those qualities in any sealant not just one that you use on wheels? If PP Wheel Sealant does hold up to heat better and stays slick during the entire life than why not use it on the whole car? Also does this mean Poorboy`s makes their non Wheel Sealants less slick and less resistant to heat purposely?

Post Thanks / Like
    Over on another board Steve said that this product could be used on paint if you wanted to but might cause streaking.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

Wouldn`t you want those qualities in any sealant not just one that you use on wheels? If PP Wheel Sealant does hold up to heat better and stays slick during the entire life than why not use it on the whole car? Also does this mean Poorboy`s makes their non Wheel Sealants less slick and less resistant to heat purposely?

:p I love a good conspiracy.

Really, after working with the sealant on a couple of different sets of wheels (both clear coated) my observation is that while pretty glossy, the optical quality isn`t up to that of some of the sealants I`ve used before on wheels. My wheels had more pop and shine when I had AIO/EX-P on them than with PB WS.

However, I`m willing to trade the look for better durability and slickness.

And really, if it`s that noticeable to me, I sure wouldn`t purchase it for the paint on the rest of the car when there are better looking products out there.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level then beat you with experience.
    04 ACURA TL SSM/Ebony/Navi
    PICS!! http://homepage.mac.com/maecrispy/PhotoAlbum7.html

Post Thanks / Like
    I have found that brake dust can be wiped away easily with a QD like Spray & Wipe as well.

I like this product a lot. :xyxthumbs
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I currently have PB wheel sealant on my rims as well.( My wheels are polished aluminum) It went on just as easy as Sean suggested. I have only one coat right now. I cleaned them first with AIIO as well. The gloss and slickness is very good. I`m not sure about duriblity yet as I dont wash the car that much because i dont drive it that much. The only complaint I had was the polish is like pudding. You have to kind of scoop it out of the jar. I think the product would be better in a squeeze tube, but thats just my opinion. :nixweiss

But overall I agree with eveything Sean said.....Good product so far. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ Dang everytime I see that GNX I get woody :up

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information