Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not trying to start a product war or anything like that, but I have found myself satisfied with my journey through unchartered (by me) waters (Klasse, though I`ll still use AIO, Pinnacle, Wolfgang, etc.) and will be returning to using Zaino products exclusively. With the new Z2Pro, Z8, and the upcoming SMR, I feel it really is a fully sufficient line, and I like knowing things I`m using are working well with eachother. It`s nice to be able to diminish the effects of imperfections by a simple application(s) of Z5, too.

My question is regarding the MF buffing towels you all would recommend for wiping off a hazed over Z2/Z5 application. I know Sal recommends 100% cotton bath towels, but I prefer MF.

I will be washing with MF mits, using Zaino`s applicator pads to apply product, your recommended MF buffing towels to remove, and I am also open to suggestions for which MF to use for Z6/Z8 quick detailing. I will be drying with WW drying towels.

Edit: Just saw the other thread about this. Sorry guys.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back to Zaino! I`m to the point where I use the Concours Buffing Towel to remove Z5/Z2 Pro exclusively. It`s a pleasure to use.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BlkTac05

Welcome back to Zaino! I`m to the point where I use the Concours Buffing Towel to remove Z5/Z2 Pro exclusively. It`s a pleasure to use.

Are you speaking of the one that Autopia offers? This one certainly caught my eye, but I will surely need several of them, for those 3 layer days, plus all the QD`ing in between. At $15 bucks a pop, I`m lookin at over $100 in just a handful of MF`s! :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes..........The Concours Buffing Towels at Autopia! Use the discount code "AUTOPIA" for a 12% discount. I swear by these towels!

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s worth the purchase! David B offers a 60 day guaranty on these babies. If you don`t like the Concours Buffing Towels from Autopia..........I`ll even by them from you. ( really......I will! )

Post Thanks / Like
    I find it very hard to stray from Pak Shak towels. The Ultra Fines and Ultra Plushes are amazing. I do have a couple of the CBTs and they are wonderful, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ZaneO

I find it very hard to stray from Pak Shak towels. The Ultra Fines and Ultra Plushes are amazing. I do have a couple of the CBTs and they are wonderful, too.
    I agree with Zane. I loves Paks stuff. I even started ordering other products from them. Reliable and quality.

I too am going to stick to Zaino products myself. I am really looking forward to thier SMR product.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another PakShak MF fan here. I also use DF Towels for the final buff. I`ve re-purposed my 100% cotton towels for drying QEW.

Post Thanks / Like
    A few weeks ago I specifically asked and was told by a Zaino Distributor that Sal had looked at marketing his own polish/SMR but because there were many good ones on the market already that he would not pursue the idea.

Now I am reading bits and pieces that a Zaino SMR will soon arrive on the scene.

Can someone confirm or deny this new polish/cleaner/swirl mark remover? If true, how soon? What do we know about this SMR today?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by jmsc

A few weeks ago I specifically asked and was told by a Zaino Distributor that Sal had looked at marketing his own polish/SMR but because there were many good ones on the market already that he would not pursue the idea.

Now I am reading bits and pieces that a Zaino SMR will soon arrive on the scene.

Can someone confirm or deny this new polish/cleaner/swirl mark remover? If true, how soon? What do we know about this SMR today?

In about a month. This is a definite. I have the final version in my hand and its a killer.:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Z7 wash + Zaino SMR + Z5 x2 + Z2-PRO x 2 wait 24 hrs + Z8 = Outragous

:woot:

Post Thanks / Like
    I too came back to Zaino. I spent about $300 on other products only to find that Zaino is best for me. I get the exact finish I have been longing for. I also don`t believe in mixing products and if it is true that a Zaino has a SMR coming out ,than I will no longer need to use any other line of products on my car. Ofcourse I will have to try new products on my wifes car ( just out of curiosity )

BlkZ28Conv , Can you use this SMR with a PC? I now use #80

How does Zaino`s SMR compare?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

In about a month. This is a definite. I have the final version in my hand and its a killer.:xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs :xyxthumbs

Z7 wash + Zaino SMR + Z5 x2 + Z2-PRO x 2 wait 24 hrs + Z8 = Outragous

:woot:
    Wow! thats great what product that we all know ablut does the Zaino SMR compare too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes the Zaino polish/cleanser can be used by PC in addition it functions great by hand (excellent for spot repairs and tight spaces where a machine will not fit) or rotary.

A comparative, functionality only, would be a polish that is as easy to use as 1Z MPP, VM, P21S GECP, the burnishing effect of a FPI or PO85RD by rotary, and the corrective activity of a product with a starting abrasive level slightly less than the halfway point between DACP (#83) and Meg #80 and reduces to a product with the abrasiveness of a glaze (which is zero).

This product is water-based, has real diminishing abrasives (very mild), VOC compliant, produces extremely low to no dusting, leaves an outstandingly glossy, oil-free and smooth surface that is ready for direct application of Z polishes.

The residual after polishing is as easy to remove as products like VM, AIO, GEPC, WG and UPP pre-cleaners. Machine usage has not produced any gummy or hard to buff residual.

Post Thanks / Like
    *****BlkZ******

Once again, it`s a pleasure reading your posts/replies. Will the new Z Polish/Cleanser remove synthetic sealants? ( Zaino, Klasse,WG etc...) Will it be compatible with non Z products as well?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BlkTac05

*****BlkZ******

Once again, it`s a pleasure reading your posts/replies. Will the new Z Polish/Cleanser remove synthetic sealants? ( Zaino, Klasse,WG etc...) Will it be compatible with non Z products as well?

From my testing yes and yes. :xyxthumbs

Like many paint cleansers and mild polishes on the market, this product will denude everything down to the clearcoat (still need and should clay to remove embedded contaminates) and removes and decreases the appearance very light surface marring. This is not a severe blemish corrective agent. It is extremely gentle in term of CC preservation. Major corrective agents (polishes) will still be needed in one`s arsenal for those finishes that need such repair prior to enhancing the finish with the Z cleanser/polish.

What makes this product unique is that it is formulated to work perfectly with the Zaino polishes. This means not IPA wipedown or Dawn wash is necessary to insure perfect bonding. I have found that a simple Z7 wash prior to cleansing will set the stage perfectly of the Z polishes.

This can be used as your go-to cleanser/polish for any LSP because the basic function of the Z SMR is not functionally different than other products of this type on the market.

The main reason for its creation was to fill a gap in the Zaino system that has cause much concern and criticism because of the lack of a specific Zaino polish compatible pre-sealant cleanser. Now it is almost here.

Again Sal has not created a "new" detailing genre but created a product that will fill a gap in "his" Zaino Show Car system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information