Post Thanks / Like
    I used Mothers Reflections polish after reading the (very) positive thread about the product today. IMO, it beats the Gold Class I put on last week hands down, and looks as good as Zaino did on this vehicle.

I`d like to coat it with a wax, and am considering using Meg`s "Deep Crystal System" carnauba wax. This wax is intended to be a LSP after the polish in the system, but I want to make sure that:

1. It will not remove the Reflections polish I just applied; and

2. That it won`t kill the amazing appearance the vehicle has with the Reflections polish.

Thanks for your input!

Post Thanks / Like
    Here are a few photos in the garage of the results. I`ll try to get some sun shots when it isn`t so overcast out. By the way, ignore the dirty laundry.

Post Thanks / Like
    If it were me, and I was happy with the results from the Mother`s, I would stop right there and NOT use the DC3 wax.

If you are knocked out by the look as it is, I don`t see how DC3 would make it better.

Not every addition makes it better. MY opinion, after putting all kinds of waxes and sealants on top of each oher, is that the car will always look like whatever you last put on it. That`s my opinion after several years of waxing neurotically sometimes every other day.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good as is :2thumbs:, Nice mirror reflection.
    REEL Addict ! John

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent work :xyxthumbs The truck looks wonderful.

If you feel you must top it with something, then try a panel. Take it out in the sun, examine it and see what the results are. It can`t hurt. If you notice an improvement towards a particular look you want to achieve, then feel free to continue. But, Mosca has it correct; more doesn`t mean better.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are happy with Mothers why not use Top Coat which is made to be put on top of Reflections. Good job on the Durango. Does it have a Hemi?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`d have to agree witih Mosca. I have experienced that working with a single carnauba (you can vary your polishes and cleaners though) usually will bring the best results.

I am not too familiar with Mother`s Reflection(s).....I take it that it is a synthetic or a carnauba blend. If you are not satisfied completely with it, then you could always re-clean and try another product. It looks good from the pics.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bimmer330

If you are happy with Mothers why not use Top Coat which is made to be put on top of Reflections. Good job on the Durango. Does it have a Hemi?

Yes, it has a Hemi. And I have the gas bills to prove it. :p

I`m going to try to find the Top Coat. It doesn`t seem to be at any of the local stores, so I`ll just get it online. I prefer buying local, after playing the mail order game with Zaino for several years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 15951

Yes, it has a Hemi. And I have the gas bills to prove it. :p

I`m going to try to find the Top Coat. It doesn`t seem to be at any of the local stores, so I`ll just get it online. I prefer buying local, after playing the mail order game with Zaino for several years.

Try PepBoys. I found the whole Reflections line there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Did you apply the Reflections polish by hand or with a PC?
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    I applied it by hand. I applied Power Polish with a PC. Reflections wax is very easy to put on and take off. I may try with the PC next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also applied the product by hand. It went on and came off easier than anything else I`ve tried. Wiping it off is effortless. It`s as if it`s not even on there.

After doing some additional research, I`m not wasting my time with Top Coat. From what I`ve heard/seen, it doesn`t make a big different in appearance or durability, so why bother?

Thread Information