Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I have had zaino for over 4 years and want to try something new. I will be buying a new PC, pads, as well as polishes etc. Other than zaino, what end sealent do you reccomend I use with the PC that will have longevity and a deep wetness for my black car?

Post Thanks / Like
    there`s a lot of choices out there if you do a search ie.WG,EX, just to name a couple.surface prep will influence the outlook and depending what LSP you use I have learned and come to conclusions as others have here will change its appearance slightly depending on what look youre after.
    DBC
    Shininess is next to Godliness

Post Thanks / Like
    based on your phrase "deep wetness" - I would definately recommend Wolfgang Deep Paint Sealant!

I have only just got hold of some myself, I have tried it both by PC and by hand - it`s incredibly easy to use - spreads around OK and just pure wipes off! I have tried it on the hood of my own silver car, over the whole of my metallic blue motorbike and I can`t wait to try it on my wife`s dark grey mettalic honda!!

I`m really impressed with the finish - deep and glossy and very slick to the touch. Not sure on durability though - I have only just got it myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    You wont go wrong on Black with either Wolfgang or Poorboys EX with Carnuba. Both look fantastic. As for Durability I could not resist topping either, sorry!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by gkerr4

based on your phrase "deep wetness" - I would definately recommend Wolfgang Deep Paint Sealant!

I have only just got hold of some myself, I have tried it both by PC and by hand - it`s incredibly easy to use - spreads around OK and just pure wipes off! I have tried it on the hood of my own silver car, over the whole of my metallic blue motorbike and I can`t wait to try it on my wife`s dark grey mettalic honda!!

I`m really impressed with the finish - deep and glossy and very slick to the touch. Not sure on durability though - I have only just got it myself.
    :showpics

WGx3 just washed and wiped down with Spray n` gloss

Post Thanks / Like
    I tend to think "deep wetness" describes this photo well. I used NXT with a PC. I routinely get 2-3 months out of NXT.

I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi KG,

Seems like everyone has some good ideas. I would have to recommend either EX or WG. Thos 2 are just beautiful on black, and a breeze to use at the same time. For wetness I would say WG, for a deep, dark paint I would rec. the EX.

But, I`m really curious what you plan on picking up for prepping the paint? You said you were going to get a PC and some pads, and polishes. Care to share what you had in mind? I would highly recommend your final step before the LSP would be either VM or RMG for black. These 2 products will blow you away on black and really make whatever LSP you decide on really perform a just a touch better. I would go with RMG because it leaves very little behind as far as oils and would be great for bonding an LSP such as EX or WG.

Good luck, and you better post pics when you use the new products or else..................
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    I like some of the members` gallery pics with FMJ on red. "deep-wet" shine...
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like
    I was thinking about either getting SSR1 and SSr 2.5 or Menzerna FP and IP. Probably menzerna, I woulod get the SSR`s if I got the whole poorboy`s line (I like to use a series of products from one line, just a personal thing i guess). I was thinking about WG, but a lot of people say it attracts a huge amount of dust, something that zaino left me whining about as well. I don`t know if topping with P21S would help me dust issue, or if putting on EX would be good enough. I have no problem topping WG or EX or even Zaino with a carnuba, as long as durability isnt affected too much and the deepness is more apparent. Also, what`s RMG?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, what`s RMG?
    Umm! BLACK

Post Thanks / Like
    ClearKote Red Machine Glaze. Just got some and am still unsure of the ideal position in the arsenal...

Post Thanks / Like
    RMG is Clearkote`s Red Machine Glaze.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Thread Information