Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone, newbie to the forum here, but not too new to detailing. So I`ve order 600 bucks worth of supplies already ( Lots of Zaino, some Souveran, 303, and PakShak MF if anyone cares), and now I need a new vacuum. I`ve read alot of threads dicsussing the Rigid 4 gallon vac, but I found this online. Does anyone recommend this against the Rigid? It has 1 1/4` tubing so accesories are more plentiful in availibility, and it already has wheels on it. It also has the same capacity and motor, so what`s everyone`s stand on this?

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00917776000

EDIT UPDATE: So I bought the thing and all I have to say is . It works like a charm! I got it along with a turbo nozzle and micro cleaning kit...total was about $107. My parents went to Home Depot and bought some new emerald greens (type of small tree) and came home with craploads of dead leaves and neddles all over the car...even in the front seats! It took me no more than 10 minutes to completely vacuum out the car! I`ll be using it to remove stains from carpet in 2-3 weeks and will have another update when I test it`s wet capabilities.

Resident of Detail City travisdecpn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    looks good, i think i may pick that one up

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a quality unit. A Detailer I know here is very happy with his. I like that it has wheels on it. My 5gal Rigid didn`t come with them.

Ron Harris

Concours Auto Salon

Authorized Modesta Paint Coatings Applier.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I`ll be going with it then...thanks a bunch everyone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have great luck and service with my Sears wet-vac. I have the larger unit (w/ wheels) and it does a great job around the house and cleaning my vehicles. :xyxhumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the unit that`s pictured on the right side of the Sears website page which looks the same unit with a slightly different configuration. VERY powerful. The 5HP works well using Sean`s (GSRstilez) carpet and upolstery cleaning method.

Marty
    1998 Mercedes E320, Brilliant Silver

2000 Chrysler Town & Country, Slate Gray

1972 Ford Mustang Fastback, Lapis Blue with Silver Stripes

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the rigid 4 gal 5hp wall mount. It comes with more than 20 feet of hose, so it rarely needs to leave the wall. I`m very happy with it. No experience with the craftsman, it looks like the right size and power for a vehicle.
    blackrex

Sandstone Pearl Lexus GX 470

Black Pearl WRX (R.I.P.)

Ocean Blue 911

Alpine M3 :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00917037000

I like this one better(not just because I have it!) but use can use as a blower too which is great for drying especailly in crevices

Post Thanks / Like
    Eh drying a car with a hose used to pick stuff up with never seemed like a great idea to me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mrzeee

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/produ...id=00917037000

I like this one better(not just because I have it!) but use can use as a blower too which is great for drying especailly in crevices

The 2.5 hose and tool diameter is a turn off for me...it was either the one I posted or the Rigid competitor...I like the blower though :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    doesn`t seem like a bad deal for around $45, not to mention it`s not too big/overkill. http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...pnav=&cat=&s=1 :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    ^Not bad either, but I don`t really like Shop Vacs...

Post Thanks / Like
    You`ll like the ease of mobility with the smaller vac. I have two and love `em! Handy for the carpet...reverse the hose and you can use when you dry the car as well for getting water out of mirrors, vents, etc.

For really soiled carpet, I would recommend still to have a big powerful vac at your disposal, though.

VOL1816
    VOLUNTEER1816

Post Thanks / Like
    6.5 HP is the strongest wet/dry vac I`ve seen, so I dunno what can really be stronger other than the 8 HP Metro Vac. Anyways, the reason I want a Wet/Dry is so that I can vacuum and remove stains with celaners and boiling water...steamers suck!!! Thanks to you all who helped convince me further to get this vacuum...I`m stopping by Sears tomorrow to pick it up along with some accesories.

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked one of those up today myself. Fortunately, I had a $40 gift card, so I got mine for $30.

JJ
    Umm! BLACK

Thread Information