Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Its Z6 on steriods and the price might deter some people, that`s why its not for everyone. I will use it because cost doesn`t matter to me if I am using the best product. This is much like inferior protein powders ,sure there cheaper but in the long run they fail to yield the desired results. I don`t like to mix products, I feel there must be synergy by using a specific product line. Once Zaino makes a paint cleaner/cleanser there will be no need for me to use any other product line. THIS IS MY OPINION, obviously people have different prefrences.

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I keep reading with disbelief that people are finding the new Z-8 too expensive .... If it gets 20 to 30 applications per 16 Oz bottles, thats not bad. I guess if a person uses 10 coats of something cheaper to do the same thing, that person will say they saved money. If the stuff turns heads, it sure is worth 20 bucks. Detailing customers pay several times that, and do not have 20 to 30 repeat visits for their money. Oh well, just MHO anyway.
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel my primary use of Z6 is for in-between washes (dusting etc.) or between layers of Z during the application process. I will be using Z8 after a wash to renew and retore lost luster of the laid down Z on the car.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess the way I look at it is that this is a product that is only a temp gloss adder. I would rather take the extra 10 mins to apply another coat of Z2Pro and get added protection for much longer time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea but for some of us (Depending on the climate where you live.) it takes more then 10 minutes. In Northern Va its always 100% humidity EVERYDAY during the summer. Zaino for us takes almost an hour to COMPLETELY "cure" before it is able to be removed. The Z8 would compliment the whole system nicely since it will be adding more protection as well without cure times.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    I see your point, but with ZFX shouldnt it cure instantly?

Post Thanks / Like
    ZFX doesnt cure it instantly, I dont think it was intended to do so. It ACCELERATES the cure time but not instantly. With all the humidity and moisture in the air, cure times are a B****. I have been using Zaino for over a year now. Maybe somone on this board that lives in this area has different expierences. Maybe I exaggerated "an hour cure time" a little, but I dont think it has cured for me under 30-45 minutes in our summer humidity.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mochamanz

I keep reading with disbelief that people are finding the new Z-8 too expensive ....
    I certainly don`t think it`s too expensive for enthusiest, but add another buck to a proffesional detail and it`s getting hard to justify. I would be happy to apply it for just a couple bucks extra, but I aint footing the bill, it was a skinny winter for me personally. I`m looking forward to busy days again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 01bluecls

ZFX doesnt cure it instantly, I dont think it was intended to do so. It ACCELERATES the cure time but not instantly. With all the humidity and moisture in the air, cure times are a B****. I have been using Zaino for over a year now. Maybe somone on this board that lives in this area has different expierences. Maybe I exaggerated "an hour cure time" a little, but I dont think it has cured for me under 30-45 minutes in our summer humidity.

In New Orleans, it is even worse especially late afternoon / early evening applications. This is why I gave up on Zaino a few years back.

Have you tried Z2 Pro and does it "dry/cure" faster than old z2?

Post Thanks / Like
    Z8 is just another compliment to the system. A very good one that now allows one to "pump-up" the finish in 10 minutes and not be washed away the next day by dew, rain or intense heat. Even if ones does chooses to lay down another coat of sealant, after using Z8 you will be grabbing the "bottle" for another round of gloss.

As the website states "Z8 is not for everyone". This is a luxury item. Like heated leather seats.

A great use for us anal detailers that hate long road trips and the experience of getting our babies dirty, a quik rinse down and drying in a drive thru and a 10 minute Z8 wipedown will "POP" the appearance up like no QD I know of for sealants. :xyxthumbs

One problem: the creamscicle aroma my have you stopping at Baskins and Robbins.

Z2-PRO / ZFX dries in this humid southern Va environment quite quickly (<15 min) from my beta testing last year. :xyxthumbs.

Even with this rapid drying I still do not buff before 30 - 40 minutes when not testing product (I have mastered the art of "delayed" gratification).

Normally, I can find many nocks-and-crannies to detail while the polish is drying.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    IMO the product is probably a very good product but Zaino`s price point is for someone with lots of extra bucks-Z2Pro 14.95, ZFX 19.95, Z8 19.95-that adds up compared to most other products available- Mothers FX spray wax is $6- is zaino worth 3x as much?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wannafbody

IMO the product is probably a very good product but Zaino`s price point is for someone with lots of extra bucks-Z2Pro 14.95, ZFX 19.95, Z8 19.95-that adds up compared to most other products available- Mothers FX spray wax is $6- is zaino worth 3x as much?

Popular products many of us use and purchase:

P21S - $25

FMJ - $40

Souveran - $50-$70

Crystal Mist - $20

KSG - $20

WG - $15

UPP - $15

Sonus Acrylic QD - $15

Z pricing seems to be normal for boutique sealants and QD`s. IMO

There is not product to compare to ZFX in terms of pricing. It is all alone in it`s functionality to produce instant curing. No one else offers this type of product. Three "distinct" layers in one day. Well worth the price of admission. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by wannafbody

is zaino worth 3x as much?

I guess you wouldn`t know because you`ve never used Zaino, yet you feel the need to comment on every topic concerning Zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m sorry, but $20 is too expensive. I don`t understand why it is so much, but if it sells at that price more power to him.

And if he feels the need that his product needs a booster, then I have 3 other products in my collection that are similar in that respect, so I have no need now to buy into the Zaino system.

Post Thanks / Like
    this price is fine compared to other high quality products.

You guys are going to gripe about anything. Just move on if you aren`t interested.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread Information