Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everybody!

I am still trying to find the right combo for my Steel Grey BMW. I love the durability of the AIO + SG combo, but it lacked the warmth and darker color I got with NXT. I really want the metallic flake to pop, it has a lot of nice colors, but the paint seems very tempermental. The hood seems to get blothcy with whatever I try, until it cures.

I just did a full polishing with SSR2.5 and a orange pad on the hood, then applied AIO and NXT by hand. I think I like the combo, then I did a small section with s100, not sure if I could see a difference. I have Souveran at my Dads house, but not sure if it will do me any good, I know it looks great on black.

I guess I really need advice on this color. Durability is not so much of an issue in the summer, I`ll reapply when needed.

I have AIO, SG, NXT, GC, S100, Souveran + PB`s polishes.

Can someone recommend a good combo for this color?

Thanks,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    You should be able to use Souveran with no problems over NXT.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

I have used souveran over nxt. My car is solid green towards the middle of the scale.

I found that using nxt made the paint less bright. Souveran often leaves the car radiant, i think depth is also muted by the NXT with the Souveran on top.

Having said that its the coming towards spring and the nxt has covered those little swirl and scratches that have made there way in to paint over the winter!!

If you can get some Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant you wont be dissapointed. 12-24hr curing time though.

Richard

Post Thanks / Like
    instead of using SG as your sealant, trying throwing on a few layers of UPP instead. If someone wants metallic flake pop, UPP is the product that I turn to. You also said you wanted some depth and wetness. You can go a couple of routes to get this. Either glaze the paint under UPP (RMG is my choice) or top UPP with a carnauba (natty`s blue/souveran) in doing this, ive seen that the flakes are slightly muted, but a tremendous increase of depth and wetness was seen.
    2009 Montego Blue BMW 335i :woot2:

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, old thread brought back to life.

I have some FMJ to try this spring. Also a friend bought some zaino, we`ll do his new tungstun grey mustang this spring. This is a similar color to my car. He was very happy with the Klasse Twins last fall, so we`ll see we like the zaino.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Neothin
    instead of using SG as your sealant, trying throwing on a few layers of UPP instead. If someone wants metallic flake pop, UPP is the product that I turn to. You also said you wanted some depth and wetness. You can go a couple of routes to get this. Either glaze the paint under UPP (RMG is my choice) or top UPP with a carnauba (natty`s blue/souveran) in doing this, ive seen that the flakes are slightly muted, but a tremendous increase of depth and wetness was seen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steelwind101
    Hi

If you can get some Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant you wont be dissapointed. 12-24hr curing time though.

Richard

I second that on the Wolfgang. :waxing:

Lack of oxygen up here sQuashed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    1Z MP Pro and UPP looks awesome on my Silverstone Z.
    Gary

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    How about Souveran over Trade Secret?

Actually, I just want to know a general principle of what you should and shouldn`t layer.

I know that I won`t put a acrylic/polymer over carnauba and vice versa (correct me if someone has had success with this).

But what about different brand over different brand? What is people`s experience in general with this? Souveran is fricking expensive, and even though it`s carnauba like TS, I`d hate to waste it on top.

I`ve had success spit-shining the same stuff, but never thought to try different things, (usually because I had one wax at a time).
    Don

Equilibrium Engineering Detailing Services

Thread Information