Thread: QEW slickness

Post Thanks / Like
    Just wondering how slick QEW is supposed to be? I put 4 capfuls into 1 gallon of water and it didn`t feel very slick. I was kinda afraid to wash the car, but proceeded anyway. The sun already went down now so I can`t tell if I caused any marring until tomorrow. But just wondering if it`s ok that the QEW didn`t make the water really slick. My mothers reflections car wash feels much slicker with much less concentration.

The reason I had this concern was because both my bottles of QEW have this small white pellet floating around. I shook and shook but could not get it to dissolve. So I proceeded to pour and measure out my bucket when that white pellet came out and fell on the floor. I tried picking it up to feel it and it just squished, kinda felt like wax or something. Is it normal for QEW to have this white pellet? I hope it isn`t supposed to be mixed with the solution because the whole thing is gone now.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are fine. It isn`t slick (not in my case) - Scottwax say he adds a little QD to his QEW

Post Thanks / Like
    What about the white substance that fell out? I remember reading a post a while back where someone mentioned that is one of the ingredients that make the QEW work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bcwang

What about the white substance that fell out? I remember reading a post a while back where someone mentioned that is one of the ingredients that make the QEW work.

It`s wax in the QEW. I have 3 one gallon jugs of it and they all have it floating around.

In your first post you said that you used 4 capfulls for 1 gallon of water. That is twice as much as is recommended. It`s 2 capfulls per gallon of water.

Post Thanks / Like
    2 capfuls from the 16 oz. bottle equals one ounce? My bottles say 1 ounce of QEW per gallon of water.

Post Thanks / Like
    stevet, are you able to get that wax to dissolve by shaking the bottle? I can`t get it to mix with the solution.

I read a lot of other posts here, and the it seems that the caps do not equal 1/2 oz like the packaging says. It seems that 3-4 capfuls is 1 ounce. I just used 4 to be on the safe side since my water here is very hard.

Post Thanks / Like
    mine also says 1 oz/gal of water but if you go further down it further says to pour in 1/2 oz in 2 qts. of water in a bucket and to use proportionally more for larger vehicles.
    DBC
    Shininess is next to Godliness

Post Thanks / Like
    I use two capfuls to 1 gallon of water and that mix is just the right amount to do my whole Integra.

I also add 1-2 oz of QD as well. I`ve used Adam`s (cuz I have a gallon) but it seemed to streak a little so I`ll stick to using Mother`s.

The white beads were floating around in my bottle too.
    The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions.

-Alfred Lord Tennyson (1809 - 1892)

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TW85 HHI

2 capfuls from the 16 oz. bottle equals one ounce? My bottles say 1 ounce of QEW per gallon of water.

Yes your bottle does say 1 ounce of QEW per gallon of water, they all do Protectall considers the cap to be half an ounce although some people have measured it out and it`s less than that. They recommend 2 capfulls per gallon as a guide and you can adjust from there. There are several threads on this. I use 2 capfuls per gallon and I have no problems and I use QEW all winter.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by bcwang

stevet, are you able to get that wax to dissolve by shaking the bottle? I can`t get it to mix with the solution.

No I can`t get the wax to remix. Works fine though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

No I can`t get the wax to remix. Works fine though.

Ok good, cause my wax pellet fell out and is gone now, so hope it wasn`t necessary for any reason.

I`ve got a measuring cup from my nyquil, I`ll just use that to measure an ounce from now on. My hands are still affected by the wash on saturday. They feel really dry. But QEW did a great job. In fact I think it`s better than a regular wash since I didn`t have to keep chasing water trails leaking down the car and have to deal with water spots. This will be especially great next time I want to wax and don`t have to deal with hidden water soaking into my applicator pad.

Thread Information