Post Thanks / Like
    I layered Gold Class over NXT today. I might have done this process backwards, but they both seem to be synthetics more than "waxes". Anyway, the results were good, but does anyone know if I removed the NXT in doing this? I think both products have some cleaners.

Thanks for your help. I`ll post some pictures as soon as my camera is returned.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    according to Meguiars NXT has very specific cleaners that help it bond to the paint surface(unlike a true cleaner wax with much harsher cleaners)-Gold Class is in a different classification as it is a blended polish/wax and contains synthetic and natural waxes and polishing oils- IMO the GC is better over the NXT than the otherway around but according to Meguiars all their products are compatible-the new GC is pretty nice looking from what i`ve read but don`t be alarmed if it doesn`t bead well as Megs claims it wasn`t designed for beading charactaristics

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your reply. Yeah, the GC does seem to bring some warmth to the NXT. At least on my vehicle, NXT looks great, but it`s too reflective with no depth. The GC adds that depth.

Not bad for stuff available at any local parts store.

Post Thanks / Like
    According to Mike Phillips, even their cleaner waxes won`t remove as much protection as it lays down. I`m assuming this relates to fresh applications rather than older depleted surfaces.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think GC over NXT is the way to go. I heard the new GC is more durable than the old formula and it`s easier to remove to boot. I got less than a month of durability with NXT on a car that is garaged everyday. You couldn`t do much worse with GC on top.

What color is your car? I`ve been thinking about trying the new GC on my wife`s gold Accord.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    i suspect the new GC looks even better than 26 but i might be wrong

Post Thanks / Like
    According to the MSDS`s, both NXT and Gold Class liquids now contain 5-15% calcined kaolin clay. In addition, the Gold Class contains 1-5% hydrotreated distillate, which I surmise is a chemical cleaner. Based on that, it would be my guess that Gold Class has a little more "specialized cleaners". FWIW, the Gold Class has two kinds of isoparaffinic hydrocarbon, vs. the one kind in NXT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

According to the MSDS`s, both NXT and Gold Class liquids now contain 5-15% calcined kaolin clay. In addition, the Gold Class contains 1-5% hydrotreated distillate, which I surmise is a chemical cleaner. Based on that, it would be my guess that Gold Class has a little more "specialized cleaners". FWIW, the Gold Class has two kinds of isoparaffinic hydrocarbon, vs. the one kind in NXT.

Yeah...that`s why I bought it. I don`t buy crap that only has one kind of isoparaffinic hydrocarbon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, I was just making an observation.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by termigator

I think GC over NXT is the way to go. I heard the new GC is more durable than the old formula and it`s easier to remove to boot. I got less than a month of durability with NXT on a car that is garaged everyday. You couldn`t do much worse with GC on top.

What color is your car? I`ve been thinking about trying the new GC on my wife`s gold Accord.

It`s a 2004 Dodge Durango, and the color is "Deep Molten Red Pearl Coat", which is manufacturer speak for "Dark Purple w/Red Flakes". It looks almost black in the shade, and very red in the sun.

Here are some older photos after NXT only.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Setec Astronomy

Hey, I was just making an observation.

I know, just giving you grief.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    that was good work Setec-thats informative posting not just random-its a cleaner wax type post- even at a max of 5% cleaning that has to be very much milder than a true cleaner wax like Colorx-if you could find that info it would be interesting

Post Thanks / Like
    Anybody can look at the MSDS`s from the Meguiar`s website, you just have to register. They are in the Knowledge Center. ColorX has 5-15% kaolin, same for the A12 Cleaner Wax, the #6 Cleaner Wax has 8-12% kaolin, and quite a bit of distillates. I`m sure that kaolin clay has many grades, the calcining is a thermal treatment.

Thread Information