Post Thanks / Like
    I`m nearly out of both Optimum Car Wax (OCW) and quick detailer. logic tells me that I should order a gallon of OCW and a gallon of some detailer...BUT there`s part of me that says I could probably use OCW for both and just forget about the QD all together.

Thoughs on doing away with QD from my regimine and just using OCW exclusively???

Andy

I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think that`s what Anthony O did, but not sure. I guess it wouldn`t be a bad idea, but I don`t have enough experience with OCW yet to make that conclusion!
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    OCW is NOT a QD. It is a spray wax. It`s not meant to remove dust and fingerprints and the like but to be applied to a clean surface.

EDIT: added "applied to"
    Triple Honda Owner

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried OCW as a QD and it is no good for that purpose...actually that was my original intent when I purchased it. The original reviews made it sound as though it could be used as a QD.

It does not like the least amount of dirt/dust on the surface. It clumps up and is very difficult to remove.

Only use OCW on either a freshly washed or freshly QDed surface.

Post Thanks / Like
    For me I use QD as more of a post wash gloss enhancer more than anything. I daily drive my cars here in Ohio anywhere from 50-100 miles per day hence my cars are rarely in a situation where a QD can actually be used to clean...they usually just need washed instead.

So maybe for me it works...but thanks for the input...I`ve got a some Spray and Wipe laying around for those rare occasios when I think that I can get away with dusting my car as opposed to actually washing it....but I suppose I don`t really classify Spray and Wipe as a true QD either...too many darn spray products these days huh!

Andy

I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by AudiOn19s

For me I use QD as more of a post wash gloss enhancer more than anything. I daily drive my cars here in Ohio anywhere from 50-100 miles per day hence my cars are rarely in a situation where a QD can actually be used to clean...they usually just need washed instead.

So maybe for me it works...but thanks for the input...I`ve got a some Spray and Wipe laying around for those rare occasios when I think that I can get away with dusting my car as opposed to actually washing it....but I suppose I don`t really classify Spray and Wipe as a true QD either...too many darn spray products these days huh!

Andy

Using it after a wash is a good thing. I just finished washing my Altima about 5 minutes ago and used the OCW after the wash and was very impressed. It brought back a lot of slickness and made the finish a lot more shiney. Using it after a wash is my new regimen, now I just need to order some more.

I could see why it may not work on a dirty finish, but then again who waxes a dirty car. The sampler I got from them says nothing about using it as a QD, but a post wash application. I didn`t know so many people used a QD after a few days from a wash, that would make me a little bit nervous. Maybe spray and wipe, but not a straight QD!
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Thread Information