Post Thanks / Like
    First wash with Poorboys SSS shampoo after 2 coats of Souveran 7 days ago. I noticed souveran lost some of the slick shine. therfore I applied CM qd for touch up. I am talking about 15-20% less shine than fresh coat. Is it normal? or the SSS shampoo may be too hard for this wax?

The mixtaure of the shampoo is 0.5oz SSS to 1 gallon water.

Base coat was Autoglym SRP, 45 mins later toped with Souveran. and then 48 hrs, 2nd souveran.

The car spent only 20% of the time outdoor, no rain.

May be something to do with not letting SRP long enough before wax? or I am asking too much for wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve found Souveran *can* be sensitive to some shampoos. I`d either try a different dilution or a different shampoo altogether and see what happens.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Accumulator

I`ve found Souveran *can* be sensitive to some shampoos. I`d either try a different dilution or a different shampoo altogether and see what happens.

I have Sonux, P21s, Sonax, Pinnacle and Meg GC.

Which one should I try?

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve not used either but since Souveran is from Pinnacle, I think I`d give Pinnacle shampoo a try and see how that does.

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    If in doubt go with same mfg line-

Synergistic compatibility:

Experience has shown that to obtain the best results stay within one company`s line of products throughout the entire process (i.e. paint cleaner, polish, wax or sealant).

The reason for this is that the chemists that develop these products make sure they are compatible throughout the entire process. Each step building upon the results achieved by the previous product and process

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m straying away from the Pinnacle because I read here that it can actually do just what opass is describing to Souveran. :nixweiss Funny, because if this is so, it`s a case of one brands`s product having a negative effect on one of its others. :nervous:
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a weird one. While one might *expect* synergy/compatibility between products in the Pinnacle line, I always found their Bodywork Shampoo to be pretty hard on Souveran (no matter the dilution). I was certainly about it, but I`m just reporting what I experienced.

Of the stuff that Opass mentioned, I`d probably go with the P21s. But that`s only because I don`t know from Sonux or Sonax (I assume they`d be good on KSG-type LSPs though) and I don`t like Gold Class (yeah, I know, everybody else likes it ).

One of the reasons I like the Griot`s so much (besides that it comes in gallons and has such great lubricity) is that it seems to be pretty compatible with all the LSPs I use. I do like the Pinnacle, but when I use it on the Jag I always assume I`ll be putting on some more Souveran. Heh heh, I used so much of the Bodywork Shampoo on that car back in the day that when I smell the shampoo I get that "time to wash the Jag" cue. Good lubricity and cleaning, but so hard on wax....

Post Thanks / Like
    QEW works great with Souveran. PS will protect 2-3 months but the insane shimmer is gone after 4-6 weeks.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like

....and I don`t like Gold Class (yeah, I know, everybody else likes it ).

He he, you`re not alone, make that us two
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been looking into shampoos for maintaining Souveran finished cars.

So far have

Gold Glass, Sonax, Megs NXT and some Zymol. Just ordered some 1z Pearls, which would be the best bet?

Cheers

Rich

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is a weird one. While one might *expect* synergy/compatibility between products in the Pinnacle line, I always found their Bodywork Shampoo to be pretty hard on Souveran (no matter the dilution). I was certainly about it, but I`m just reporting what I experienced.

Of the stuff that Opass mentioned, I`d probably go with the P21s. But that`s only because I don`t know from Sonux or Sonax (I assume they`d be good on KSG-type LSPs though) and I don`t like Gold Class (yeah, I know, everybody else likes it ).

One of the reasons I like the Griot`s so much (besides that it comes in gallons and has such great lubricity) is that it seems to be pretty compatible with all the LSPs I use. I do like the Pinnacle, but when I use it on the Jag I always assume I`ll be putting on some more Souveran. Heh heh, I used so much of the Bodywork Shampoo on that car back in the day that when I smell the shampoo I get that "time to wash the Jag" cue. Good lubricity and cleaning, but so hard on wax....

Sometimes logic fails; this is a good example of logic that doesnâ€â„¢t work in the light of actual useâ€Â¦thanks for the info guys

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TOGWT

If in doubt go with same mfg line-

Synergistic compatibility:

Experience has shown that to obtain the best results stay within one company`s line of products throughout the entire process (i.e. paint cleaner, polish, wax or sealant).

The reason for this is that the chemists that develop these products make sure they are compatible throughout the entire process. Each step building upon the results achieved by the previous product and process

JonM

In theory, that may be true. However, reality has a way of owning theory.

Post Thanks / Like
    Most of the time I use QEW and I have found that Souveran holds up very well with this wash.

Post Thanks / Like
    TOGWT & PrinzII- Heh heh, not to take this OT but you guys touched on one of my favorite Betes Noires, the "supposed theory/practice dichotomy".

Heh heh, IMO, *good* theories *do* work in practice in the "real world". That`s what makes them good theories

When logic fails, you just need to rethink the logic

[Accumulator climbs down off soapbox...]

Thread Information