Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Last week I prepped my car with AIO and then topped with UPP x 2. The finish looks amazing, but I have tons of new products that I want to use. I was wondering if I should top the UPP with any of these products...

WG Paint Sealant, PB EX-P, Pinnacle Signature, P21S, Zaino Z2 Pro, Moosewax

Is it better to just start the process over or is it ok to top UPP with any of these products? How will the finish look topped with a carnauba like Signature or P21S?

I guess I get bored easily and am very excited about trying all these great products I recently received. Am I crazy or just an "Autopian"?

Thanks for your help.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would top the UPP with one of the carnauba`s. Moosewax will strip off the UPP. Everything else you own are sealants. If you want probably just strip everything off and see how they look.

Post Thanks / Like
    What John Styrnol said. I have used Signature over UPP and it removed the slickness UPP is known for. I have also used S100--not P21S--and it also removed the slickness.

Souveran and if you have it, Paste Glaz, do not diminish the slickness.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have topped UPP with #16 and Paste Glaz. Like signature and S100, #16 diminished the slickness. Paste Glaz does not, and it is my preferred topper for UPP, mainly for the wet look, but also because it keeps the finish very slick.

If you can get your hands on some Paste Glaz, I`d recommend that. If not, top with your favorite carnauba, but you may not be able to find one that retains the slickness of UPP.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Is that two votes for not topping with anything or just not the products that I have?

I don`t have Souvern or Paste Glaze. Are there any other products that won`t diminish the slickness?

Should I just throw another layer of UPP on the paint?

Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I get bored easily and am very excited about trying all these great products I recently received. Am I crazy or just an "Autopian"?

Dear Bored,

At this point as John Styrnol said, any carnauba will do. Have fun, take some pictures so the next detail you can have something to compare with. In the end you`ll still be "crazy/Autopian" but you will have a favorite that looks good on you vehicle. Since you have a nice collection to go through, it`s time to experiment, flip a coin. :woot:
    You learn to become Great by doing what other Great people have done before you.

Post Thanks / Like
    UPPx2 showed the best results for me. I didn`t notice any difference with UPPx3. Once I topped it with Paste Glaz though, it definitely showed an improvement in gloss.

I would just top it with a carnauba. Unless you`re not going to be able to add any protection for several months, you don`t have to bother adding more than two layers.

For my next detail, I`ll be applying AIO + UPPx1, and then layering Paste Glaz on top of that.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    In my opinion, UPP has one quality not found in many sealants and that is its oil like slickness. My vote is to not top it unless you have a carnauba that will retain the slickness. You have two high quality carnaubas but I would not use them over UPP.

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I will have to find something better to do like clean the interior again, or the wheel wellls until my next wax. Who knows, maybe I will strip the wax next week and try a new combo. I guess that`s the fun of finding out about this site is trying new products and see which one works for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to know that Paste Glaz is a great topper for UPP, I learn new things here just about everyday, thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would switch to the worst lsp you can find, well one that is able to be wiped off easily.

Find one that is flat, no shine, no depth, beads like crap ect.

Then in 2 months go back to UPP

Post Thanks / Like
    Tonight I buffed out my hood after washing and claying with Menz IP followed by VM and then UPP.

I must be doing something wrong with my prep because it just didnt pop. Im getting fed up and think that I am going to go back to Zaino as it is the only product that I have ever used that provides the consistant results each and every time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where do you get Paste Glanz?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by DetailGirl

Tonight I buffed out my hood after washing and claying with Menz IP followed by VM and then UPP.

I must be doing something wrong with my prep because it just didnt pop. Im getting fed up and think that I am going to go back to Zaino as it is the only product that I have ever used that provides the consistant results each and every time.

Hmmm? I`ve been using VM with UPP and have excellent results on both black and white.:nixweiss

The Man Who Knows The Man
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have to concur with those who say don`t top your UPP unless it is with more UPP. For the vehicles I use UPP on anything besides UPP either degrades the "look" or the "feel". And for a base for UPP...AIO for me

If you`re just bored, grab a family member or a friends vehicle and polish and wax your heart away. I`m sure they will thank you. :up

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information