Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello all, I haven`t posted in a while primarily because I haven`t been detailing much lately. However, yesterday I had some time for the first time in a long while to do some work on my wife`s car (2004 Audi A4 Cabrio). The car was in pretty decent condition with some very light swirling. I started with a thorough washing, claying & de-tarring.

The first product I tried out was Mothers PowerPolish. The car is still relatively new and the swirls were very light so I started with a polishing pad. According to Forrest, this product is similar to DACP in terms of its abrasiveness as wel as its subsequent diminishing abrasives (which I found to be true).

Like all products made by Mothers, I found MPP extremely user friendly. I worked the polish with my PC until the surface was nearly clear and the remaining residue wiped off with no effort at all. The product spread very easily as well and left very little dust.

MPP did a very good job with the few swirls the car had. I was also very impressed with the shine it brought. Of course, the car is only a year old, but I definitely noticed a distinct increase in the level of gloss after using PP.

For curiousity`s sake, I also tried a few areas with a compounding pad to see if MPP would leave any haze, and it didn`t leave anything at all. Just a perfect, swirl-free surface that was ready to be waxed.

All in all, I would definitely recommend this product to someone who is looking for an effective, versatile product that is extremely easy to use. MPP really does keep things simple as this one product will take care of most light to moderate swirling in one step.

Post Thanks / Like
    The next product I tried was Mothers SynWax from their FX line. Not much I can really say about this product except that like Motherâ€â„¢s other synthetic products, itâ€â„¢s noticeably easier to use than any other product line Iâ€â„¢ve tried (and Iâ€â„¢ve tried a lot!). Plus, it doesnâ€â„¢t stain trim and doesnâ€â„¢t leave much dust. I was able to apply it to the whole car using my cordless polisher in a little more than 5 mins. The product seemed to dry very quickly and removal took about the same amount of time.

Not surprisingly, it was hard to notice much of an increase in shine because MPP did such a great job. Slickness was decent as well, which is something that was lacking in Mothersâ€â„¢ older products. Although durability of SynWax remains to be seen, I would give this product a thumbs up primarily because of its user-friendliness.

Post Thanks / Like
    :wavey Welcome back Intermezzo! :wavey It`s good to have you here again.

What a nice A4 cabrio! Same wheels as my sedan. Thanks for the review.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, good review and nice to see you posting.

Interesting how well the polish worked on that (hard) Audi clear. I assume that you were using the Cylco/green pads.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    PowerPolish gives good results,available at PepBoys, and is easy to wipe off:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Car looks great!!

I think Mothers really did their homework on the new products, all of them seem to be winners.

kbdshadow

Stockton Ca

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice result, especially on that Audi clear!

I`m going to do a side-by-side with #83 and PowerPolish soon, as Forrest suggested they had similar abrasiveness.

Have you used #83 and how does it compare?

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    :wavey good to hear from you again (didn`t you take a leave to study/sit an exam? (if this is way off then I`m either getting (too)old or I`m confusing you with someone else)

Great work on the Audi and thanks for the review..

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back....Great write up and review. :up
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all, thanks for the warm welcome.

Accumulator, I used a PC with polishing pads. The car is still relatively new and the swirls were very light. Plus, I think the product has some fillers.

Alfisti, it`s been a while since using DACP, but yes, I would say the abrasive levels are similar between these two products. However, I think MPP dusts a little less and wipes off easier.

TOGWT, nah, that wasn`t me. I`ve just been too busy at the office lately!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Intermezzo

Alfisti, it`s been a while since using DACP, but yes, I would say the abrasive levels are similar between these two products. !

That seems a bit aggressive for new finishes, but you can`t argue with your results!:up
    Interviewer: : Rock, you got anything derogatory to say about the champ?

Rocky Balboa: Derogatory? Yeah. He`s great

Post Thanks / Like
    What Color Propel pad would be needed to polish out medium level marring/swirls using power polish???

Thanx

Post Thanks / Like
    Intermezzo-

Thanks for your comments on MPP. I was going to use SSR2.5 on my lightly swirled vehicle but thought it would be overkill. Since my car is lightly swirled, would you recommend me using MPP with the Green or Blue Sonus pads? It seems like it is pretty easy to use from what you say and I have a Pep Boys right next to me. Also, how much of the bottle did you end up using for the whole car (if you could estimate)?

Thanks a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s good to have you back, Intermezzo!:wavey

Very nice job and what a beautiful car! Your review was very thorough and helpful.
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    Was this done with the corrected formula of Powerpolish?

Every Pep Boys in my area has the watery version on the shelves, with the stamped number on the bottles ending in "17".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information