Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Finally decided to give this stuff a try. My order turned up earlier this week, and I got round it applying it yesterday.

First impressions very easy to use, tho, the cure time means you need to be sure the weather is on your side. Had been using the EX`s as I know I can buff them off straight away in emergency situations! Wolfgang seems easier to apply as its thinner and wipes off really easily too, does smell a bit strange tho!

As for apperance, to me looks a cross between EX-p and EX with Carnuba. Has a slightly more sharp/clear look than Ex but more depth then ex-p. Reflections look slightly sharper than the soft looking EX, but still seems very wet looking and deep, and the surface is very slick and glossy. Wish I had tried it earlier. Liking it so far.

The plan was to add another coat today and then top tommorrow with the Souveran that turned up at the same time. Typical British weather put play to that and rain has stopped play.

I am happy with they way it is so far but was wondering if anyone has seen a further improvemnet with adding more than one coat, If so I will do another coat tommorrow weather dependant, and save the Souveran till Monday, or should I just top it tommorrow and forget the second coat?

Cheers

Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like you have a plan Rich, why don`t you take a pic after each stage, show the differences as you add each product ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Richt

As for apperance, to me looks a cross between EX-p and EX with Carnuba. Has a slightly more sharp/clear look than Ex but more depth then ex-p. Reflections look slightly sharper than the soft looking EX, but still seems very wet looking and deep, and the surface is very slick and glossy. Wish I had tried it earlier. Liking it so far.

I am happy with they way it is so far but was wondering if anyone has seen a further improvemnet with adding more than one coat, If so I will do another coat tommorrow weather dependant, and save the Souveran till Monday, or should I just top it tommorrow and forget the second coat?

Rich

I, too, recently had the pleasure of working with this product and couldn`t have described it any better. It has become my favorite sealant on black.

So far, I have only been able to apply two coats on my Expedition and the second coat *did* look better than the first, so I`d definitely do the second coat.

After that, I kind of doubt that it could possibly ever look better with WG alone and top it with your Souveran. Actually, after all of this rain goes away and I get my Expedition back from the stereo shop, I am going to top mine as well. :xyxthumbs

BTW, how are you applying this? If by hand, try it with a PC, you will be in for a treat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Definetly, I got much better durabilty then what other people were reporting by adding multiple coats. I can`t remember if it was two ot three, but I got a good 2 months and it was still tight beading. Then I went back to Zaino, but Wolf is a good sealant.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Jason all by hand PC import coming soon when funds allow.

Burly - The car lives in the garage so durability is not really a factor just want the looks! Will give another coat then.

Axe good idea some pics so far. Carlack 68 x 2, VM x1 and WG x 1

Post Thanks / Like
    WOW that is awesome already Rich!

Post Thanks / Like
    nice shots rich. main thing i found with wg was that on my 1st layer, it dusted like nothing i`ve seen before. mainly on the plastic

bumpers of the 206.

after a wash, it was fine.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Axe

Cant wait to get a PC, Andy is going to let me try is, was hard work on Friday all by hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by paulhdi

nice shots rich. main thing i found with wg was that on my 1st layer, it dusted like nothing i`ve seen before. mainly on the plastic

bumpers of the 206.

after a wash, it was fine.

Paul

Hi Paul

Read your post about that before when I did a search before buying some.

Been out in the car today, always seems to get a thin layer off dust on it no matter waht I have used so far, EX, Ex-P, Nxt, S100 or CMW.

The Wolfgang didnt seem anyworse, has now been washed due to the rain shower this afternoon and qd with quickshine, now awaiting to see tommorrows weather. Suface seems to feel really slick tho.

Cheers

Rich

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, reaaaally slick, i found. i had put upp on before it, and really seemed to notice the slickness with wg. i havent put any wax on the car in a while, as i`ve just been adding wg (3 layers, if i remember), and last week, a layer of upp.

Post Thanks / Like
    Has some good depth there Paul, looking good :xyxthumbs

I agree with the Slick surface, not tried UPP, but the WG def seems slicker than NXT, EG SRP or the Ex`s I have tried.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks rich,

will be restarting next week with menzerna ip and ff, and probably trying the grojet. was going to get some carlack, but as they`re supposed to be so similar, i`ll hold off, as i have a litre and a half of AIO left, along with the new grojet litre.

Upp is good, much sharper and brighter reflections etc like Klasse SG. I like WG and UPP because theyre so easy to use, like EX.

Post Thanks / Like
    Searching on here WG and EX with Carnuba seemed to to be the recommended sealant choices for Black, UPP seemed to have lots of users but I had not seen any threads about it on Black hence I went for the Wolfgang.

I plan to get some AIO off Alex, but have 3/4s of a bottle of Carlack as the place Andy found selling it was just down the road from me. Really really liking the carlack, even as a stand alone product it works a treat. Looking forward to the final verdict of how alike all three are....that will help me decide what to go for when the Carlack runs out.

Post Thanks / Like
    rich,

the thing intriguing me was the comments on the 2nd layer making a difference. is that by hand or PC? i must say, i`ve not recalled hearing that AIO looks better with a 2nd layer.

Was going to call in to the place that sells it on fri, as i`m going to the midlands. may hold off on a purchase for now, if theyre gonna be that similar.

So many products........... next in line for me will be the rmg from clearkote.

Paul

Post Thanks / Like
    Fantastic pics Richt!

As a complete and utter novice all these abbreviations have got my head spinning...UPP, ip, ff, EX, EG SRP, VM etc....

Anyone care to offer any enlightenment please.

"Wolfgang", where would I obtain some and is there a "cure" time between applying extra coats?

Now I`m assuming this is a similar product to AIO and SG (I know those abb`vs!) Is there any benefit in applying AIO in multiple coats or only multiple coats of SG - again should I allow any cure time between coats?

TIA

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information