Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok guys ...... something is seriously amiss and I cannot figure this out. I recently purchased Poorboys New Spray and Gloss QD and used it on my wifes Metallic Red CTS. The car has two coats of Zaino Z2Pro on it from before the baby came (2-17-05) and I have been using a couple other new QD recently (Menzerna, Sonus, FourStar) on it also with nice results. Poorboys streaks like the devil ...... and I mean large , noticable streaking.

At first I thought it might be the Florida heat and humidity, but even this morning while car was cool, sun was down, the streaks were out in full force. Has anyone diluted this ?? Anyone using it with good results ?? I hate to toss it out and consider it to be a "bad" or "unwanted" product, but this is more disappointing than QD+ (can someone say spray wax) . It smells like Lemon Pledge and seems to go on and off easy enough but even with rewipe with dry microfiber it still STREAKS !!

I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I myself was not to impressed with S&G. I had similiar problems with it as well! Ever since I found Adam`s DS, I haven`t looked back!
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by O4cobra

I myself was not to impressed with S&G. I had similiar problems with it as well! Ever since I found Adam`s DS, I haven`t looked back!

Curious as to what you were using as a topper. Maybe there is a common element that others can avoid.:nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry to hear about your dilema. Used poorboy`s S&G with no perceptable streaking. This was on a Zaino`d vehicle. Used it two days in a row. MY Z-6 arrived and have not used it again.

S&G has been working well on my Bravada which i detailed in Dec with the Klasse twins.
    cwcad

DO WHAT YOU SAY.....SAY WHAT YOU DO!!!!
    www.ldkbox.com a blog about life`s details

Post Thanks / Like
    I noticed this too. Streaked bad for me. Hoping warmer weather will make it a bit better

Post Thanks / Like
    Im in Florida too, and i get no streaks.

In the morning when there is dew on my car, i can see my wipe pattern from the day before when i applied it, but no streaks on a dry car.

I really use very very very little of this stuff.

I dont even give it a full squeeze of the trigger for the doors, but i wipe it around quickly, and if the mf is alittle damp with the product, it spreads it out very well, flip the towel and buff off.

It is a very nice product. Im am guessing that i dont even use a full oz. for a ford taurus.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used this product for the first time yesterday after washing my black jeep. Needed very little product for great results. Sprayed a very slight amount on the surface and removed with good quality MF. Note that this was on a totally clean surface.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t had any problems with it either, in fact, I love the stuff and just ordered some more!

As a reference I put it in a little 2oz. spray bottle. With a freshly washed mini-van I used about 1 ounce, the next time when it had just a very, very light film of dirt I used about 2 ounces.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Really interesting. I used the stuff and really love it. Enhances the shine and finish better than a normal QD. Used it on my daily driver which is a marroon metallic. No streaks and in fact last time I used it I used it on my windows and was really pleased.

I must admit though Steve, mine came with the same sprayer.
    "If we weren`t all crazy..We`d all go insane" Jimmy Buffett

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Steve1996LT1

I used this product for the first time yesterday after washing my black jeep. Needed very little product for great results. Sprayed a very slight amount on the surface and removed with good quality MF. Note that this was on a totally clean surface.

I`ve experienced the same, I really like S+G and have encountered no problems with it, even in the less that perfect UK weather

Post Thanks / Like
    This thread has been moved to the Detailing Discussion Forum.

Per new rules: PLEASE post product discussions in the correct forum:

Posting in Appropriate Forums

Please post your topics in the most appropriate forum area. If you post a thread that would be more appropriate in another forum, a moderator will move it for you. However, please do not make the moderators do this for you. Use your judgment to determine which forum best suits your topic. Multiple posting is not allowed.

We`ve been seeing a lot of this lately and we ask that you please review the topic of each of the forums before posting your thread Thanks you
    :wavey
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Just use Z6 or even better wait a little bit and get the new Z8 when it is released.

Post Thanks / Like
    Haven`t had any problems on a jet black bmw, even with the old spray bottles. Not sure if it matters, but I used S&G a week after applying a carnuba wax. S&G seems to have less drag than other QDs when I wipe across the surface with a MF.

Post Thanks / Like
    It works really well when i quickly dry my car, and mist it onto the slightly damp surface.

Then when i totally dry it, man what a shine, no spots, no streaks

Post Thanks / Like
    Z8 Whhhhaaaaaa?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information