Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    I`m seriously tempted to try Pinnacle Souveran paste since it`s 25% off at the Autopia store right now. I keep wondering though, is it really worth it? Will I actually notice a difference between Souveran and S100 or Blackfire (my two current favorites)? Just for color reference, I have Nighthawk Black Pearl on my ride. Since I`m self employed, it gets driven about every other day and it`s garaged the rest of the day. This is what I have in my current arsenal:

Blackfire

FMJ

Zaino Z2Pro & Z5

Klasse twins

#26 Liquid & Paste

Blitz

3M Paste

NXT Liquid

Gold Class Liquid & Paste

S100

Mother`s CG Paste

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen some pictures of Souveran on black and it looks incredible. But remember that the prep is the key to any outstanding finish.

I may be getting a dark blue car myself, and I personally would not spend that much on wax. Paste Glaz at $25 is about as high as I`m willing to go. I`m a college student that can`t afford to be paying $70 for wax...especially at the rate I use up wax!

Some members say that Souveran can acheive a look that they just can`t get with anything else. I can`t provide an opinion on that, since I`ve never used it. But I would just use Nattys/S100/P21S/Trade Secret instead and save the extra money.

I`ll be trying Paste Glaz on a black Alero soon, and I`ll post pics. It says it`s for light colors, but I insist on finding out how it looks on black. Black is a light color right?
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    Paste Glaze is no longer available. They replaced it with Signature Series. Made for metallics, so they say. Hey my car`s metallic!:p

Post Thanks / Like
    I can`t get this liquid depth with anything else, although CMW is pretty close, IMO.

www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks good until you drive the car around the block and the dust attracts to the finish like a magnet. It`s a really good wax for driveway and garage bragging, but in my opinion, $70 is a lot of money to spend on on wax for something daily driven, or every other daily driven.

The initial WOW factor is among the best, but I wasn`t too pleased even a few hours after the application. Your results may vary.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would say No. I purchased the whole Souvran kit and was dissapointed. I agree with prep,when I tried it my car really didn`t require hardly any prep. for a true wax it wasn`t any better than other products I have used ( still have )such as Surluster,Stuf,P21s,Shining Monkey,Mother`s,GC,Colinite,3M,Blitz and believe or not a bottle of Turtle Wax Platinum for $7.99 looks just as good.

What I have learned is with proper prep almost anything can look good.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by BlackSunshine

It looks good until you drive the car around the block and the dust attracts to the finish like a magnet. It`s a really good wax for driveway and garage bragging, but in my opinion, $70 is a lot of money to spend on on wax for something daily driven, or every other daily driven.

The initial WOW factor is among the best, but I wasn`t too pleased even a few hours after the application. Your results may vary.

I think that goes for just about everything. I put on a couple of coats of Blackfire, drove my daughter to preschool and when I came back, my car was covered with pollen. Maybe I should wait until summer to use it?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had my jar of Souveran for several months now and find it the most impressive LSP I`ve used to date. I just can`t imagine what would look any better than Souveran over AIO, assuming the prep is equal. It leaves an incredibly slick surface, and I have not found it attracts dust any more than any other wax or seant I`ve used. I`ve used Souveran mainly on my Black BMW, but also on lighter colors with very good results. At less than $2.00 an application I`m not sure this is adding much to my detailing costs. It is the microfibers, the PC, the rotary, the polishes, the QEW, the tire dressings, etc. etc. that make this an expensive hobby. My vote is that Souveran is a bargain, and I think I`ll pick up another jar at the discount.

Post Thanks / Like
    I got the special form Autogeek over the holiday and Love it. Easy on and off and it is the 34.95 one they are selling now. I would buy it again because on my red it looks so nice.... We got my father the liquid version kit for his christmass gift and he loves it. He has silver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Your best bet is to try it. At the sale price the risk isn`t very high. Does Souveran separate itself from other carnuabas or high quality sealants when applied to a well prepped vehicle? Not really. I got equivalent results with P21S, Natty, Meg#16, EX, EX-P and Z2 (old version).

I also brought mine on sale about 3 years ago ($39). Not over-whelmed or under-whelmed but a very easy product to use. This was on my wife`s black LS400 and my black Z28. It did look better on LS400.

Give it a shot. If you do not like it or get the results you want, you can always re-sell it. I sold mine with no problem. :xyxthumbs

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    i`ve never used PS but for a daily driver i wouldn`t buy it-IMO its really a show car wax

Post Thanks / Like
    I love applying it via spit shining with Crystal Mist
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    Posted by Bill D

I love applying it via spit shining with Crystal Mist

Bill, what is "spit shining"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by termigator

Paste Glaze is no longer available. They replaced it with Signature Series. Made for metallics, so they say. Hey my car`s metallic!:p

I know. I have three full jars of Paste Glaz left now. Since I`ve been dying to see how it looks on darks (since it says that it`s made for light colors) I`m going to try it. With what it does for white, my guess is that it will be comparable to Souveran on black.

Just wait...I`m on spring break next week, and I should have several opportunities to use it on dark colors.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    termigator,

It depends what you want from your lsp. For jet black and other dark colors, Souveran is my favorite. It does not last very long, (3-4 weeks in my testing), but it does give an awsome, deep, wet reflective look to well prepped paint. Easy on, easy off - it`s great stuff.

Here is a pic of Souveran over AIO on my former jet black 740iL. The paint was in great condition in this pic.

I hope this helps you with your question.

Cheers,

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread Information