Post Thanks / Like
    Purchased this at the local store for 5.99. I was very surprised at the results. The liquid sprays on milky white, with a bluish tint to it. This is what worried me, as it states on the bottle no wiping is needed. So I followed the instructions and left my tires sitting there all white. After it dried, I was amazed. A super sheen look was the result. Not the wet oily look I am used to with others. I would compare it to Vinylex or the 303 protectant type look. Not sure on the durability though. Will have to wait for it to rain here.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the headsup...I`ve wanted to try this stuff but I`m hesitant at the possible sling that might occur by not wiping off. Do you have a picture? And how is the sling if any?
    2001 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT.....Back from the bodyshop and ready to detail again :woot:

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like
    this product has intriqued me as well-i just can`t justify spending tons of money for tire shine products-paint protection is an entirely different matter tho

The Old Grey Whistle Test togwt's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wanted to try this product but when I heated the tyres to 680oF for the Teflon to work...LOL

JonM
    What gets overlooked too often is that one must be a student before becoming a teacher.

Post Thanks / Like
    I recently tried this product also. I used an EO applicator though, and it looks very nice, new looking.

I think the word teflon is supposed to make people think it will last along time, bad choice of words as far as i am concerned, but good over the counter product.

Post Thanks / Like
    I must have gotten a bad bottle, I can`t seem to make it work. I applied it several times to several different sets of tires(all pre-cleaned). Everytime the product just sits on the tire. The little white dots that are left of the product from application just sit there. I even let them sit over night, same result. I applid with a new, clean EO tire swipe.......spraying directly on the tire is out of the question for me, too much messy overspray.

Post Thanks / Like
    maybe you need to clean off the older stuff for it to penetrate the tire.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is no sling whatsoever, if you let it fully dry. It seems to soak into the tires, instead of sitting on the top, like the clear greasy type do. Yes, Teflon is a bad choice for a name. As stated above, it takes extreme temperatures to make Teflon really stick to anything.

Thread Information