Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    it dries so fast that you end up with water marks on the car, maybe I should wash only half the car, and dry, then the other half? Anyone have experience and possible solution?

It really does leave a nice gloss to the finish, but those water marks !!

Post Thanks / Like
    How long does it take you to wash to be ready to dry? Are you washing in the shade?
    `96 Jeep Cherokee Country - White - Gray Leather Interior

`02 Volkswagen Passat GLX - Reflex Silver - Black Leather Interior - 5 spd Manual

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I can wash in about 10 minutes (if that is what you are asking) I guess, but perls is so good at sheeting water that by the time I get round to drying its pretty much water free ! Yes I wash in the shade. I should add, that there are 20 mph winds blowing too, so that will be shortening the drying time even more I guess.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just wanted to make sure I knew the situation first. Sounds like the wind could be "helping" speed up drying for you. If you get water spots just use a quick detail product after drying to touch-up those areas. Are you getting spots on your trim also?
    `96 Jeep Cherokee Country - White - Gray Leather Interior

`02 Volkswagen Passat GLX - Reflex Silver - Black Leather Interior - 5 spd Manual

Post Thanks / Like
    One good thing about PERLS is it ability to leave very small closely packed beads (pearls ) after rinsing. When I used it, or any vehicle shampoo, I always rinse after cleaning 2-3 panels. I constantly keep the cleaned panels wet and covered with beads until I complete the whole vehicle. This prevents any water spotting because no water dries or remains in one spot too long. Of course, this increases the amount of water to be finally dried off but water spotting is prevented.

You might want to give this technique a try. :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    I never noticed this using Perls shampoo. Still the best car wash product I ever used except now I am a QEW / S&W user.

Post Thanks / Like
    Robman, a little wager, if you use perls and have not noticed this then you do not have a black car

Sounds like a good tip to me blkZ28Conv, which is similar to what I was suggesting, and maybe do half a car, dry then the other half or as you say a couple of panels at a time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Shade in England? Who are you kidding? It is the sun that is rarely seen because there is ALWAYS shade in England!!

Seriously though, when I was using Perlz, I would wash a section and rinse the whole car, wash some more and rinse the whole car. I did not notice the problem Axe was having. The wash method used above was because the water in Houston is so hard, with if falls on the ground it breaks apart. The continual rinsing was to help prevent the washed portions of the car from drying out so fast and making water spots in the first place.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Perls too, after you finsh, (half of the car, rinse), I have never had a problem......

PK

Post Thanks / Like
    I have all black cars and use Perls Exclusively for my maintenance washes (don`t waste it on details), and never have watermark problems. Just don`t let it sit on there, that`s all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JDookie

I have all black cars and use Perls Exclusively for my maintenance washes (don`t waste it on details), and never have watermark problems. Just don`t let it sit on there, that`s all.

Same here. I use perls on mine, and OTC washes for details. No problems with perls, I love it, I actually have a tad over two gallons worth, so I am set for some time to come :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    One factor for me with the soap was the Perlz and LSP compatibility-it`s really designed for polymers.

It works surprisingly well on P21S but not as good as the Exclusive shampoo which is designed for carnauba toppers.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I use the 1Z Perls as my weekly wash or only once a month? Acording to 1Z Perls website the wash is to be used once a month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by im_wicked247

Can I use the 1Z Perls as my weekly wash or only once a month? Acording to 1Z Perls website the wash is to be used once a month.

I use it every other wash or every two weeks. You can use it weekly but it is not cost effective.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

When I used it, or any vehicle shampoo, I always rinse after cleaning 2-3 panels. I constantly keep the cleaned panels wet and covered with beads until I complete the whole vehicle.

If I remember right you are Zaino user also. Do you use Perls on your Zaino`d cars? If so is there anything special you do in this cae?

I ask because Perls is my favorit shampoo (use the same technique as you discribed) but have since switched to Z on my car (still use Glanz on the wife`s) and really miss the Perls shampoo. It seemed that the "polymer" in perls would mess with further Z (Z8?) applications.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information