Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    will be mid to late July according to what Kevin @ Optimum Technologies told me yesterday, if anyone is interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have it right now :grinno:

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Orosco
    I have it right now :grinno:

Anthony

Go ahead, just rub it in why don`t you.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve heard the same thing. Based on how good their polish is, I am eager to try the compound too.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott,

David, Ron and myself may be in Arlington sometime in July. we`ll be demoing the polish and compound for GM Motors at their testing facility there.

We`ll try to get together.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony-that would be great! The only day I know I won`t be available is the 14th.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I have it now as well and will report my findings with it once used (probably tomorrow).

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just sent the first labeled bottle of compund......well it is the 32oz label on a small sample bottle....but the formula has changed slightly from the last sample. I believe a total of 19 formulas were gone through before Kevin and David were satisfied with the results. The only feedback Ron and I gave David in the beta testing was perhaps it being slightly thicker and a bit more aggressive. These were the last changes made I believe in sample 19.

The consistency seems to be slightly thinner than the Opt Polish, is a light tan in color and has the same scent as the Opt Polish. Again it has little to no dusting properties, in fact if you start with a new clean pad you should experience no dusting for the first 3/4`s of the car. One may see some light dusting after the product in the pad dries, especially if you take a lunch break.

Rinsing my pad out every so often ensures I have no dusting.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Abrasive level: I might as well beat the rest and ask "what does it compare to in levels of abrasiveness"?
    Owner of West Coast Detail Supply.

Light travels faster then sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by a.k.a. Patrick
    Abrasive level: I might as well beat the rest and ask "what does it compare to in levels of abrasiveness"?

Hmm....hard to say really...but I would say that it is just below Menzerna PG in abrasiveness but it will finish out to a much nicer finish than PG.

I would say that on many light colored cars you could go straight from the Compound to a wax if using a polishing pad. I am going to try the Compound with a finishing pad and see what type of finish it leaves me with.

On dark colored cars I am sure finishing of with OCP is the best route to take when using OCC first.

The OCC will remove 1200 grit sanding marks and the OCP will remove 1500.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    Optimum is rolling out a nice lineup for itself. Anything else in the works?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Corey Bit Spank
    Optimum is rolling out a nice lineup for itself. Anything else in the works?

A very unique sealant. I am testing it our right now but the application proces needs to be worked on.

Anthony

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, the Optimum interior dressing is real nice. Low gloss, spreads easily, dries very quickly. Sort of like Meguiars Interior QD with just a touch of gloss added. My older boy rarely comments on the products I use but he did mention how much he likes using the Optimum interior dressing.
    www.scottwax.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottwax
    BTW, the Optimum interior dressing is real nice. Low gloss, spreads easily, dries very quickly. Sort of like Meguiars Interior QD with just a touch of gloss added. My older boy rarely comments on the products I use but he did mention how much he likes using the Optimum interior dressing.

Yeah it is nice and I also like the fact that it has no smell.

David just recently had the "Tire Shine" reworked also. It sprays out now so much nicer (the first version was a bit thicker and it had a tendancy to spray out in clumps), clings well, no sling and has a slight increase in gloss. It sprays and sets up like a solvent dressing, yet it`s still water based. I compare Tire Shine in looks with Poorboys BnB with the Tire Shine having a more wet look. They both dry nicely.

If you are a pro and want to have a nice water based dressing that is really economical then the Tire Gel might be worth looking into. You`ll need an air compressor though to properly apply it. I can spray the tires and wheel well in about 2 minutes.

Anthony

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information