Post Thanks / Like
    Im looking to get some of these products. I just picked up #9 , but have been reading around a bit and notice not many use #9 on the forum. I also hear its not as strong as the others as well its almost so light it doesnt really remove swirls that well. More of a light swirl remover.

Ive then been hearing good things about #80 / Speed Glaze. Its the newest in that line correct? If #80 were at the place I went to this afternoon, then I probably would have gotten that. But im wondering if the #9 is a waste if you have #80. I mean yeah it might do something , but im guessing #80 and then something lighter than #9 would be better...if not just #80 then lsp.

I also would have gotten and have been looking into DACP. But im wondering what else should I get if I do get dacp to compliment it. What would be a good step after that. I read going to #80 after dacp is pretty good. Will this completely remove any micromarring from the DACP. Also does #80 contain fillers?

Then ive seen posts about the ssr line, that its a bit better than DACP. Can anyone confirm this or truly say hands down it is? Also what about 3m`s products, this detail store also had quite a few of them. Even the new 3000.

I have the sonus DAS pad kit. What pad should I use for each product? What product is easier to use.....as well what just gives all out the best results. Im also wondering about smells on each of these.

I also have 1z mp and #7. Wondering what can be done or achieved with this group as well. Like could I use it instead of something. Im also thinking im going to hold off on 1z all together. It says something about dont breathe in the dust. I already breathe in enough weird stuff that I dont want to add another.

Also I have S100 shine enhancing cleanser. Would that work better over the #7 , should I use it after, not at all, or whatever.

Im then thinking on slapping on some nxt , then topping with s100 wax.

I know its a lot of stuff. But ive been running through scenarios and reading all about these and I just cant take it. I need some input from you guys to set me at ease. Im about to go crazy with all these questions and megs 80`s line and so forth.

Please help me keep sanity.....Thanks. :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, you are on info overload.

They are all very good products. I like how i can get Megs stuff local, so thats what i use. I like DACP alot. Some people have difficulty with it, and i agree, it can be tough to wipe off sometimes, but thats user error not the product.

I follow everything up with AIO, so bonding with sealants isnt an issue for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JBM

Wow, you are on info overload.

They are all very good products. I like how i can get Megs stuff local, so thats what i use. I like DACP alot. Some people have difficulty with it, and i agree, it can be tough to wipe off sometimes, but thats user error not the product.

I follow everything up with AIO, so bonding with sealants isnt an issue for me.

Yeah , lol. Im trying to settle down into my first real line of professional products and use of my PC and I just cant seem to get into it, nor do I want to spend a bunch of money on products I wont really be using or needing.

Also with all these different opinions it seems almost impossible to find out whats good.

But im hoping someone can at least help me with these set of products.

Yeah Im wondering if DACP is a good choice. Cause ive read it cant handle some scratches while SSR 2.5 got them out much easier.

Post Thanks / Like
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

I did the same thing and bought TOO MANY products to begin with and I can`t wait to try out all the combos I have ready and available.

I accumulated a good sized collection in less than two months and have yet to use 99% of it. I have too much that I am willing to give you samples. Stay tuned. Now back to your post.

I have #83, #80 and #9.

I`d say if you`re set on using the #9 then you can just get the #83 and use #9 to remove any micromarring from the DACP.

On the flip side I love #80. It leaves a LSP ready finish after using it and #80 and the orange pad is a pretty killer one step combo.

Some people here are opposed to fillers, and I`m not one. The `trade secret oils` in Megs products people call fillers do a wonderful job. I am going 2 months strong on #80/#7/#16 with no new swirls.

If I were you I`d go with the #83, and your process would be #83/#9/NXT/S100, or #83/#9/#7/S100.

Or you could cut out the #9 completely and use just #80, and #80/NXT/S100 would be fine. It`s totally up to you.

Check this thread to see what I along with others have:

get samples here

I can give you some of the DACP or #80 or anything else I have you might want. I have TOO MUCH.

PM me if you`re interested.

Post Thanks / Like
    What kinds of problems are you trying to address?
    Peter

`87 Porsche 944S,`95 Saab 900S Conv. , `99 Ford E-350 Super Duty, `94 Dodge Caravan

Post Thanks / Like
    How bad is your paint and what color is it? I like the #80/NXT/S100 idea myself for starters. I used #9 with a PC on black paint with mild swirls and it didn`t really do much, but it helped a little. I`ve found that NXT really hides swirls well, but doesn`t last too long. I`m one who doesn`t like to use a polish very often though, I`d rather just fill the swirls and save the clearcoat.
    4Runner

Integra GS-R

Post Thanks / Like
    Honda Black. Also will be working on champagne Honda. But mainly my worries would be geared toward the black car.

As well I have swirls / light scratches I want to get rid of in this paint that are annoying in the certain light and sunlight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by dpeezy415

I FEEL YOUR PAIN.

I did the same thing and bought TOO MANY products to begin with and I can`t wait to try out all the combos I have ready and available.

I accumulated a good sized collection in less than two months and have yet to use 99% of it. I have too much that I am willing to give you samples. Stay tuned. Now back to your post.

I have #83, #80 and #9.

I`d say if you`re set on using the #9 then you can just get the #83 and use #9 to remove any micromarring from the DACP.

On the flip side I love #80. It leaves a LSP ready finish after using it and #80 and the orange pad is a pretty killer one step combo.

Some people here are opposed to fillers, and I`m not one. The `trade secret oils` in Megs products people call fillers do a wonderful job. I am going 2 months strong on #80/#7/#16 with no new swirls.

If I were you I`d go with the #83, and your process would be #83/#9/NXT/S100, or #83/#9/#7/S100.

Or you could cut out the #9 completely and use just #80, and #80/NXT/S100 would be fine. It`s totally up to you.

Check this thread to see what I along with others have:

get samples here

I can give you some of the DACP or #80 or anything else I have you might want. I have TOO MUCH.

PM me if you`re interested.

Thanks for the reply and offer. Yeah im actually not set on #9 at all, im kinda not into it after finding out most dont really use it.

Im actually looking into the #80 more than the 9. Im wondering if the 9 is worth really having if I get the #80 which Im pretty sure im going to be doing.

Does the #9 have fillers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes #9 has fillers.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had #9 on the shelf before I started to get Autopian and thought that it was quite a good product. At the time though I was applying everything by hand and didn`t really know anything about how swirl removers worked etc.

I`ve since bought #83 and #80 and I`m pretty sure that`s going to make the #9 redundant. #80 and a green DAS pad left a totally swirl free finish on my car so unless I have the need for a particularly light swirl remover, the #9 will stay on the shelf.

Regarding the Trade Secret oils, I`ve found that if you work #80 long enough (either on its own or after #83) it will remove swirls completely. I wiped down my hood with a 50/50 water and isopropanol mix after using #80 to remove all the oils and no swirls reappeared.

In terms of taking them off, I actually found #83 easier to remove than #80, but that might have been because I didn`t work it quite long enough. Smell wise the #83 wins hands down, it`s got lots of almond oil in it whereas the #80 smells more solventy (but not unpleasant!).

Hope this help you a bit,

Ben.

Post Thanks / Like
    I initially bought #83, #80 & #9. Although I like them all I probably wont replace the #9 when its gone. #80 has kind of made it redundant, it does everything as good and some things (swirl removal) better.

WD :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Megs Polishes = abrasives with fillers

3M PI-3000 compounds and polishes = non-filling abrasives

#83/#80/NXT + #16 is a killer Megs combo

3M PI-III MG (or 3M PI-3000 SMR) + Klasse AIO + SG or (Z2 Pro) another killer.
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok im pretty much sold on #80. Im going to return the #9 as its redudant with the #80.

What im looking to also get is something more abbrassive. I was thinking DACP but hear its kinda hard to use sometimes.

What else is a good replacement. Also where does 3m 3000 and others in the 3m lay around this area.

My local detail shop has a pretty good amount of the 3m line and I wouldnt mind trying those. What would also substitute for the #80...doesnt have to perform the same. But that would be my medium Im guessing. While the 3000 or dacp would be my more aggressive stuff.

What would be the best, maybe something completely different.

Let me know.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Artificial-I

......What im looking to also get is something more abbrassive. I was thinking DACP but hear its kinda hard to use sometimes.......
    I don`t find #83 (DACP) hard to use but there are some who don`t feel it`s as user friendly as some of the other polishes out there. Something close to it that is easy to work is Pooyboy`s SSR2.5.

Along the 3M lines you could get PI III RC or the new PI 3000 RC (the new VOC compliant version of PI III RC). I haven`t used the new 3000 series yet, but the PI III RC is a very good polish, so the 3000 line should work just as well.
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Well went out today. Was finally able to speak to a nice person who was willing to go through all the products he has tried.

Allthough he wasnt too sure about a few things. It was good to hear something from someone who sits there and sees whats being sold and what reps are telling him.

I figure since they didnt have the #80 I would get the DACP and keep the #9. Creating my own #80 in a sense , lol.

Im also guessing this is a good way to go for clear coat preservation. When I need to strong stuff its there...but for the light stuff I have the #9. I know the #80 is a little stronger so I thought to myself. It might be better to keep the light #9.

Also looks like I might just get SSR 2.5 anyways. Just in case to see if I like the results VS DACP.

Also another selling point for meguiars was. It was cheaper. The 3m products were 30 dollars a bottle. Meguiars was much less.

I got tons of dacp. To where I dont know what im going to do with it.....ahhh well. Still wish I could get the #80. Sounds like lots of fun.....as well I wouldnt mind a product that makes great results in one process.

Anyone think I made the right choice? Also sounds like the 3m products will never be a go for me, with them being $30 a pop. Seems I will be going for the products that cost a bit less anyways. So this works great for me as it will cut out a lot of the comparisons I was doing.

Thread Information