I miss my 03 Cobra...... 03COBRA's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had passed this product up a cpouple of time due to me thinking I didn`t really need a wheel cleaner in my arsenal. I usually washed the whels with an old wash mitt. Well lately I have been not wanting to wash my wheels just because they are such a pain in the butt to clean. I used it on my wheels when I washed the car this morning and was pleasantly surprised! So with PAC`s sale I picked some up, and here are my thoughts!! By the way, the test subject is an 84 Toyota PU. It`s my father`s extra vehicle for getting dirt, and taking things you need a truck for. It justs sit on the side of the house about 360 days a year!!

Poorboys Spray and Rinse Wheel Cleaner

Packaging: S&R comes in the standard Poorboy`s 32oz plastic bottle. The instructions on the bottle are pretty minimal, but it`s a pretty simple product.

Application: I used the product full strength. I will try some dillution levels in the future, but for now, full strength is the test! I made about 8-10 sprays a wheel on this truck. I let it sit for about 30 seconds. I then sprayed the wheel down with the stream setting on the hose!

Smell: The smeel is I guess a lemon scent. A very nice scent. While using it you get a wiff of it from time to time and is very pleasant.

Personal Opinion: This is a new product in my arsenal. I used to use A2Z a long time ago, but I think this is as good if not better. I really like the way the title of the product reflects what the product does. It reall is a Spray and Rinse product. Once you spray you can watch the junk just "melt" off of the wheel. And when you rinse off the wheel, it`s cleaner than you can imagine! Does the product have a home with me, yes. I will be a gallon member in the near future!

Price: Reg.$14.95 (On sale $12.95)

Size: 32oz (Also available in Gallons)

If I missed anything or if you have any questions, pleae ask!
    PRECISION DETAIL
    NorCal
    2003 Apex Silver Mitsubishi Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review!

If you put some protection on your wheels, try the S & R diluted 50/50, as it will be less likely to remove the protective coating, but still clean nicely.

As a matter of fact, using Poorboy`s Wheel Sealant, while maintaining with the S & R at the 50/50 dilution, seems to work extremely well.
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    Works well, but some wheels require very slight agitation (like ALL wheels in my experience). S&R is strong stuff, I strongly recommend you rinse out the chemical resistant sprayer or else it will eat away at the seals. (I`ve had that same occurance... scary =() Great product for professionals!

Post Thanks / Like
    Good review. I really like the new PB products and the old ones as well. My only concern would be cost: A2Z is less expensive.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review.

I prefer the A2Z for ease to buy and price, but the PB does work pretty well.

Thread Information