Thread: New Wal-Mart MF

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked these up from my local Wal-Mart today for $3.75. They are definately on the plusher side of MF`s. I tried the cd test and they didn`t scratch at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a pair of them too, $3.85 I think. Made in Indonesia...not quite as soft or plush as the Korean large drying towel, but pretty good for the price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Where did you find them in the store?
    If you don`t like what I have to say, please direct your comments to /dev/null.... have a nice day

Quote: MongooseGA: Is she hot?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was at a foreign WalMart...and found them on the top shelf (like they didn`t want you to find them!) in the auto section...I was looking for them because someone on here mentioned them but they don`t have them at the WalMarts I usually go to.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the brand name on that MicroTex? Kind of hard to see.

Will definately have to check my Wal-Mart, think I have seen them before. I know we have the white/blue pack of MF which i heard aren`t very good, and we have the huge drying towel.

Too bad its 12am or I`d be there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve seen them at Wal-Mart in the auto area and they look like the same Microtex ones Target used to sell. They`re great for grungy work but the Costco or Sam`s Club packages are a better deal, IMO.

Resident of Detail City travisdecpn's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think they are a good value for general purpose towels. If you are looking for some good OTC microfiber cloths, I`d go to autozone or kragen and pick up some viking polishing cloths. They are really a quality towel.

Post Thanks / Like
    I went to Walmart on Tuesday to get the bigger towel that people have said is pretty good for drying with. I saw these 2 packs like your picture shows and picked up two packs of them. The wrapper says made in Korea or Indonesia, but the tag on the towel says Korea, just like the larger drying towel. In fact they look and feel the same as the big towel. They also have the 5 packs of Chinese towels for around 3 bucks, but they are definitely not as nice as these new ones.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TW85 HHI

I`ve seen them at Wal-Mart in the auto area and they look like the same Microtex ones Target used to sell. They`re great for grungy work but the Costco or Sam`s Club packages are a better deal, IMO.

I went over the border yesterday to Niagara Falls NY and purchased the 16 pack at Sam`s Club for $4.81 USD. These towels are a great deal. They are much nicer quality than the Microtex 5 packs from Walmart and bigger too (16 x 16).

Post Thanks / Like
    To answer some questions above, yes, these are Microtex and they are 16 x 16.

Originally posted by PaPenguin

I went to Walmart on Tuesday to get the bigger towel that people have said is pretty good for drying with. I saw these 2 packs like your picture shows and picked up two packs of them. The wrapper says made in Korea or Indonesia, but the tag on the towel says Korea, just like the larger drying towel. In fact they look and feel the same as the big towel. They also have the 5 packs of Chinese towels for around 3 bucks, but they are definitely not as nice as these new ones.

I think that big drying towel is as good as many premium MF`s in quality. The sleeve on the small ones I bought, like yours, said "Made in Korea or Indonesia", but my towels were labeled from Indonesia, and IMO, are not as soft or as plush as my Korean-made drying towel. They are still pretty good tho, way better than the chinese ones in the 5-pack.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

I went over the border yesterday to Niagara Falls NY and purchased the 16 pack at Sam`s Club for $4.81 USD. These towels are a great deal. They are much nicer quality than the Microtex 5 packs from Walmart and bigger too (16 x 16).

I saw those 16 packs at Sam`s for that price, only about 25 cents a piece. They were yellow and had a little hole about the size of a nickel so you could feel them, but I was scared off by the price and the fact that you couldn`t really see and touch them. So you think they`re okay? Would you use them for cleaning only or for detailing too?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by PaPenguin

I saw those 16 packs at Sam`s for that price, only about 25 cents a piece. They were yellow and had a little hole about the size of a nickel so you could feel them, but I was scared off by the price and the fact that you couldn`t really see and touch them. So you think they`re okay? Would you use them for cleaning only or for detailing too?

They are much better than the 5 pack you get at Walmart. I was very suprised by the quality and size for the price. I don`t use cheap MF on my paint because I don`t have to. I have a lot of top quality MF and I bought the Sam`s Club MF specificly to use for wheels, door jambs, engine, etc. The Sam`s club MF is some of the best cheap MF out there IMO and for the price it`s a great deal. Time will tell how durable they are but for the price does it really matter?

There is a recent thread about these towels you can check out if you want some more info.

Post Thanks / Like
    I picked up a pack at Sam`s last night. They had one towel out so you could "play" with it. IT was very nicve, plush and thick! They are as nice as many of the more expensive MF`s I have bouhgt online. And for $4.81 its beyond a steal. I tried to talk myself into more than 1 pack, but just got 1 for now.

They also had a 4 pack of no-topuch tire care for around $8.90, great for engines and wheel wells (beats the heck out of the NXT crap insane tire shine and its $7/bottle). Also got a 1+ gallon bottle of simple Green (dont use to much in detai8ling anymore) with a spray bottle for $9.00

Post Thanks / Like
    I also have the 5-pack. I didn`t like how thin they were and now just use them for dirty work. These are much plusher and aren`t too bad of a deal.

Thread Information