Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a way to have the new Z2 Pro to work with the Megs Polishes (#83/#80) without any bonding issues?

I know of the AIO route after the Megs Polishes, but any other alternative?

Would a Dawn wash after the Megs Polishes really do?

I`ve done a search, but only few responses, just want some confirmation. Since I don`t want to waste these products, lest the extra effort.

Zaino Gurus, please educate me.

TIA!
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like
    I do not believe that Zaino will bond to the Megs polishes. *I* would do a 50/50 alcohol/water wipe down.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wash with Dawn or Z7 you`ll be fine. Zaino will bond to those megs but will not give you same durabilty as if you put Zaino closer to clear coat. Sometimes through the years I`ve even Zainoed over carnuba when I was lazy and it still bonded and beaded like crazy. Z2 is very forgiving, but if you want to maximise durabilty dawn wash, or alcohol solution like suggested above.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I had to reach back for the 3M MG. Less oil and filler free. The reason I was asking is because, I tend to crave for the #80`s glossy finish as opposed to 3M MG. But then again, the trade off would be the bonding issue.

So, I`d rather prep with the MG and skip the 50/50 alcohol/water wipe down. I`m just too hesitant to perform this wipe down process. At any rate, even if MG may lack that glossy finish as #80, the Z2 Pro would have to come into play.

I`ll just reserve my #83, #80 for some Carnaubas.

Thanks!
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not try 80 or 83 then z2 for yourself, you will not hurt anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Burlyq

Why not try 80 or 83 then z2 for yourself, you will not hurt anything?

Man, I just don`t want to waste these products ending up with undesirable result.

As you know, my part of the world is far from your distributors. I ordered as much number of bottles of the Z2 Pro to maximize shipping cost, and don`t plan to waste them using incompatible products.

I was only able to "play" with Megs and 3M products because they have direct distributors here. But with the high end Klasse and Zaino, I refrain from experimenting (though I have them in my arsenal). It cost me too much.

That`s why before I do this new Z2 Pro, I`m very careful, I would have to ask you guys regarding the proper usage.

Do I have a point???

Post Thanks / Like
    I don`t mean to hijack the thread too much. But I was planning on doing #83 followed by FPII and then Zaino. Will FPII remove the fillers from 83 and allow Zaino to bond properly?

its naturally curly...... 6cyl's_of_fury's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by rob007

I don`t mean to hijack the thread too much. But I was planning on doing #83 followed by FPII and then Zaino. Will FPII remove the fillers from 83 and allow Zaino to bond properly?

Yeah, should do.

And tripper, if you have AIO, then use that as your base. I have read a lot of positive reviews for zaino over AIO.
    Detail your car, do it. No seriously, do it.

The Black Beast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 6cyl`s_of_fury

Yeah, should do.

And tripper, if you have AIO, then use that as your base. I have read a lot of positive reviews for zaino over AIO.

I`ve had excellent results using AIO as a base for Z-2, on three different cars. Just my 2¢ worth.

Post Thanks / Like
    So I`m going to do:

3M Machine Glaze (Megs Yellow Pad) / rotary @ 1500 rpm

AIO (Megs Finishing Pad) / rotary @ 600-800 rpm

Wash with Z7

Z2 Pro x 3 (Z6 in between coats)

Is this fine? I want the minimum of process without affecting Zaino bonding performance as much as possible.

Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tripper_11

So I`m going to do:

3M Machine Glaze (Megs Yellow Pad) / rotary @ 1500 rpm

AIO (Megs Finishing Pad) / rotary @ 600-800 rpm

Wash with Z7

Z2 Pro x 3 (Z6 in between coats)

Is this fine? I want the minimum of process without affecting Zaino bonding performance as much as possible.

Thanks.

Looks great and will work perfectly. Since you love the #80 results, me too, use that (instead of 3M MG) before AIO and Z7 wash. :xyxthumbs

Do not forget to clay where needed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Got it! Thanks for the confirmation!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes tripper you have a point, but I`ve been using Zaino profesionally for years and I have never had a bonding issue. I probably use Zaino on 60% of my details but have started to even up that percentage because of their upgrades. Actually, I will get some 80 myself and try that combo because I am curious now. I have actually been considering an easier way to my IP and FPII portion of my detailing and #80 would be a good one step if it works with sealants.

AIO is a good base for Zaino and will strip any oils in megs polishes, but probably wouldn`t be necessary. #80 is pretty close to AIO as a cleaner, so if I was using #80 I would just Z7 wash then try Pro. I would give odds that there would not be any undesirable results. I and many people have used Zaino over AIO w/o any washing and it has produced nice results and I would suggest if it bonds to AIO it would probably bond to #80. Yes, some durabilty might be sacraficed but the results would be very nice. Having said that, FPII is probably the best base for Z that I have been able to find and would replace #80 and AIO and leave the surface primed for sealant. FPII is right between #80 and AIO on the abrasives scale and will set the mirror shine nicely with no oily finish.

Post Thanks / Like
    Burlyq:

Thanks for the nice input. I`ll consider doing #80 + Z7 + Z2 Pro on a scrap panel and observe how it performs at least for 2-3 mos. But come next month, I`ll stick with the 3M Machine Glaze (or the new 3M PI-3000 SMR) and AIO as base for my upcoming Zaino project (my OWN car). :bounce

Sun Blinded Detailer Mochamanz1's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Burlyq

Sometimes through the years I`ve even Zainoed over carnuba when I was lazy and it still bonded and beaded like crazy. Z2 is very forgiving

:bounce Thank you for that ! I thought I was the only person with the experience..... I have had good luck with Z2 over products which are not supposed to have any bonding qualities with Z2. I dont know about durability however, I am always stripping and redoing my cars... But thanks for confirming my impression about Z2
    Prep is everything .. The rest is the window looking in....

Thread Information