Post Thanks / Like
    I just received a nice package from my UPS person. I`ve decided to see for myself if the boutique shampoos are better than OTC. I`ve been happy with NXT but as it`s fun to try new things I thought I`d give PB SS&S, WG and 4* a try and see what I think.

Don't ever drop your clay kartoon's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    That`s a nice collection of shampoos. Not that you really need another one but if you want to add to that, try Zaino Z7. Keep us posted with your results.

Post Thanks / Like
    Interested in your thoughts on them.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve had a chance to use all 3 shampoos now.I thought I`d give a short review of each and list them in order of preference.

I do a a two bucket wash with 4 gallons of water in each bucket, adding the amount of soap called for on each label ( 1 oz / 2 gallons water ) and using a wool mitt.

My main shampoo to date has been NXT or GC if NXT isn`t available. I used WG and 4* on the TSX which has UPP x 2 and PB was used on the Integra which has WG x 3. None of the shampoos seemed to remove any of the slickness of the sealants any appreciable amount.

WG: The slickest of the three. The mitt glides very easily across the surface and leaves a clean surface with a nice gloss after drying. Lubricity is better than NXT and it produced lots of suds that stayed for the whole wash. It has the "WG signature scent" - something like an inexpensive cologne that I actually liked.

4*: Lubricity is about the same as NXT. It cleaned easily and also left the surface with some gloss. Suds lasted for the whole wash and it has the same coconut/banana scent as UPP and UGE.

PB SS&S: I was a bit let down with this one. I had expected it to be at the top of my list after the reviews I`ve read. Lubricity, which is the main thing I`m looking for, was on the same level as GC and a little below NXT. Suds also stayed for the whole wash and like the others it easily removed the dirt from the cars and has a pleasant peach scent.

That being said, they`re all good washes and I`ll use the remainder of them without hesitation. Will I order any of the three again? WG is the only one I would consider. I just didn`t find the other two superior to NXT.

I`m sure differences in water affect how shampoos perform so what works best for me might not work as well for someone else. I hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very interesting thanks.

Based upon performance and cost, would you still give the nod to WG, or is the improvement over NXT not worth the price?

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the WG. I`d say I probably prefer it over 1Z Perls.
    -Glenn Jr.

There is always room to learn.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I were basing it solely on price I`d give the nod to NXT. WG is double the price of NXT based on price per wash but I really liked the lubricity of WG. So to me I`d call them even, of course, this takes into account not telling my wife how much a gallon costs, lol.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have also tried several (samples) and continue to go back to NXT based on price and quality. Very good shampoo at a great price.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats what i was thiking. NXT is a very good car wash soap. Do we need an AWESOME soap? I dunno, i think the line between very good and awesome isnt such an issue with just a soap.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reviews.

Thread Information