Thread: Race Glaze

Post Thanks / Like
    Got an offer to try to Race Glaze samples. Just wondering if anyone has any experiences with it. Here`s the sales pitch I received:

"Our Polish & Sealant, is a true one step - it Cleans the surface (chemically)

of most surface contaminants, Polishes out minor imperfections using a

polishing agent finer than jewelers` rouge, and finally it Protects the surface

for about 4-6 months on average, using a patented resin & polymers.

Our Gloss Highlighter (hi-tech "quick detail" type of product) contains the

same patented resin as the P&S, so it not only cleans bugs, dust, fingerprints,

but also enhances the shine & UV protection - lasts through multiple washes.

Both products work great on black."

http://www.mr-shine.com

Sounds sort of like Klasse AIO + SG to me. I for one don`t believe too much in these "one-step wonders" but I`m willing to try it out. If it does what it says it does it could be very promising.

Anyone ever use it before?
    Steve Mullin

87 GN - Black - Pinnacle Souveran

84 GN - Sold

Post Thanks / Like
    I received samples of the gloss highlighter, which I liked a lot, and many others..let`s see...

Polish/Sealant

Leveling compound

Fast Action compound

Trim/Leather Renewer

Wash soap

I haven`t tried any of them other than the gloss highlighter yet. It`s been too cold, but this weekend I may get a chance to try some of them...definitely the soap anyway.
    Paul...

`13 Mazda3i P21S/WG sealant/Paste Glaz/QD+
    `99 Mazda Protege LX - highlight silver - RIP
    `95 Nissan Maxima SE - white - slathered with Pinnacle Paste Glaz - RIP

Post Thanks / Like
    I vote for "just another product"

Post Thanks / Like
    Race Glaze actually works pretty good. It leaves a nice glossy, slick surface. Its about 10 bucks a bottle in the stores. I was told that it doesnt layer, when you put a coat on, then try to go over it, it removes first one. whether that is true, who knows. but not to bad of stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...ght=race+glaze

I recently tried the two compounds/polishes. The Fast Action Compound and a Propel Medium Cut pad did a pretty good job on some scouring scratches on a silver 740 the other day (no pics, cloudy and oooogly, they wouldn`t have come out) and I followed with the Levelling Compound. FAC seems on par with DACP and PBs SSR2.5 and LC about the same as Meguiars #82 SFP. FAC does seem to leave the paint better than DACP, I couldn`t see any marring under the lighting in the customer`s garage.

I`d say the polishes are decent but if you have a lot of other stuff on hand, I wouldn`t run out and buy it until you need more product.

The sealant seems to be holding up well, after 6 weeks, it was beading very nicely on the black Silverado SS I applied it to. Appearance seems closest to Meguiars NXT, IMO. Very easy to use, seems to have more bite than NXT or #20 does so it worked well for me as a one step on paint that needs only a very light polishing. Definitely going to reorder when I run out, it will come in handy at the office that has me do one steps jobs on their employee vehicles since NXT just doesn`t clean the paint up if it is less than near perfect.

The Gloss Highlighter is an excellent QD, pretty close to Quikshine. I was also testing Z6 at the same time and it is in the same ballpark as well. I may order some more to play around with, but I have a nearly full gallon of QS, so I`m not in a huge hurry.

Overall, I am more impressed than I thought I`d be. Is it the best stuff on the market? No but it is a decent line-up that performs well. The two products I`d say are definitely worth trying are the sealant and the QD. Not that the polishes aren`t any good, but I can get DACP and #80 for around $25 a gallon and RG can`t compete with that, especially since results are pretty similar, at least based on my limited use.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Thread Information