Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys,

I have noticed that when using these fabric protectors, people tend to overspray. I think I have a solution to that.

Take a funnel, or paper rolled up like a funnel, and spray in from the small opening, covering the desired area with the large opening. As you go from places to places, the shape of the "funnel" can be flattened as you get to smaller areas. That way, no overspray. Just tried it, it worked fine. Just don`t spray too much at once. also, dry the edges time to time so the buildup glob won`t all go onto the area at the same time.

Guys from 303 or 3m, if you guys are reading this, maybe you guys can make a "build in" version of the funnel, makes life much easier.

SSQ AKA Mike :up

Post Thanks / Like
    I gf just got a new car with cloth seats. I know read on the scotchguard bottle it says to wait 24 hours after application before you start sitting in the seats. Is the 303 the same way?
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    303 says 4-72 hours. I would wait for 12.

Post Thanks / Like
    How long do you think a measurable protection lasts for these cloth sealants? I have never really used them before. Do you have a preference of Scotchguard or the 303? Sorry for the questions I thought I would ask becuase Im about to order some more products and would like to know which "cloth sealant" to order. I can get Scotchgaurd almost anywhere here locally.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally perfer 303, I feel that it offers more protection. Some may disagree with me. They say it lasts 3 years with one application. On my gf`s car, it lasted for 6 months and it`s still doing fine.

3m doesn`t last as long, but it doesn`t smell as bad. I actually like the smell of 3m much better.

303 can be found in GI Joes or marine stores if you guys have it over there.

Post Thanks / Like
    I might just try the Scotchgaurd since I can get it at Target or walmart. I dont mind having to re-apply every six months or so. Plus i think the 3M is cheaper. SSQ thanks for your Insight.
    Refined Detailing

Chris - Sole Proprietor

Thread Information