Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Swirls?!?! NNOOOOOOO!!!!! Big Leegr's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mike Phillips

Meguiar`s did no stockpiling and did not ramp up any production of the discontinued items. What is left is all there is.

Mike

No intention to dis you/Meg`s Mike. Just used Meg`s as an illustrative example for what *could* be done within a company, as Meg`s was the brand mentioned in the thread title. (I did mention 3M, too, by the way). :wavey
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult!

Post Thanks / Like
    BigLeegr,

What you stated makes sense and also I do not think your post dissed any one peculiar company. It would make sense for a company like Klasse for example that would need a complete overhaul of their present products to meet the new standards to build a supply backlog that would sustain sells here in the USA for the grace period. This is only if Klasse or its parent company hasn`t already started and are close to their new VOC compatable product that matches the performance of their presently available excellent products. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    Hm I think I`ve seen the 3m paste at Carquest. I shall buy some. Unless that is going too.

Does this mean that I shouldn`t detail in a bubble as I normally do? I`m going to wear a hazmat suit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

I was just looking at 3M`s site and there was no mention of RC and MG being discontinued. Did you speak to somebody at 3M?
    Somebody in another thread said it was being replaced by the 3000 line, and it is listed as not being VOC Compliant on their website. Maybe they will keep making it and just not sell in the CA market, not really sure since it is still listed on the 3M site. Sorry if that was a false alarm, I should have checked with 3M directly before making that statement.

Here is the thread where I got the info:

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...ighlight=3m%2A
    John

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Eliot Ness

Somebody in another thread said it was being replaced by the 3000 line, and it is listed as not being VOC Compliant on their website. Maybe they will keep making it and just not sell in the CA market, not really sure since it is still listed on the 3M site. Sorry if that was a false alarm, I should have checked with 3M directly before making that statement.

Here is the thread where I got the info:

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...ighlight=3m%2A

Elliot, it`s not a false alarm. I called 3M and asked about it. The Perfect It III Line is going to be dropped and Perfect It 3000 is the replacement. The person I spoke to said that the 3000 line will be superior to the Perfect It III line. We will see.

I asked about some of the older products like Finesse It II Machine polish. Many of these are OK and will still be sold.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

The person I spoke to said that the 3000 line will be superior to the Perfect It III line. We will see.

Heh heh, yeah, we`ll see. I sure wouldn`t expect them to say it`s gonna be inferior But really, so far the only things I`ve heard about the PI-3000 line have been positive.

I`m still waiting for a bit more info, but I`m not rushing out to stock up on PI-III stuff either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thats a real shame. I personally am glad that they didn`t reformulate it, it wouldn`t be the same.

On to greener pastures

Post Thanks / Like
    The thread discussing this on MOL indicates from a Meg`s rep that Clearcoat Body Scrub (similar to MPPC) is also being discontinued. The original announcement pertained to the Pro products only, so there may be more products in the overall line getting the axe.

Post Thanks / Like
    DC step1 was recommended as a substitute for MPPC.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    I CANNOT beleive this!

I just jumped through hoops late last week to order a tin of #16 directly from Meg`s; I would have ordered 2 or 3 had I known:doh
    `01 Sentra SE
    Calgary Sports Car Club #406 DSS

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I`m sure this is going to start some sort of controversy here, but comments over on MOL indicate that it wasn`t that #16 was unable to be reformulated for VOC compliance, but that they chose not to do so. That may also be the case for the other products dropped. It`s fairly obvious that there are sales and marketing issues involved here, balanced against reformulation costs, etc.

Of course, it doesn`t really matter. Meguiar`s can stop making any products they like, just like GM stopped making F-bodies, etc. Even tho #16 and F-bodies may have been very popular among Autopians, their contribution to the overall business equation must not have been sufficient, and although it`s sad, that`s the way it is.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s fairly obvious that there are sales and marketing issues involved here, balanced against reformulation costs, etc.
    Unfortunately I must agree. Megs knows what the existing sales for #16 is and balanced keeping a product with that volume compared to other existing products and new ones being introduced. I think it basically lost out to other products as the decision was made to keep the number of products offered manageable. Not bashing Megs but there are bean counters at every company.

One other thing to consider is price and frequency of purchase for repeat customers. I used #16 for the first time yesterday and it applied as easily and looked as good as any other wax i`ve tried, comparable to S100. But I hardly used any wax at all, the tin still looks new! I remember someone posting that unless you detail professionally, one tin should last you the rest of your life. I believe this as I can see easily getting 120+ waxes out of a tin. And since it lasts so long one only needs to wax 4-6 times a year, the math is easy to do.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is #16 a pure wax? Does it contain any carnauba?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Bioman

Is #16 a pure wax? Does it contain any carnauba?

Yes, it is considered a pure wax and it does contain carnauba.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information