Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So what will these new requirements do to the German waxes and sealants such as Klasse??? That would be bad!!
    2007 Infiniti G35S

2008 Honda Ridgeline RTX

2008 CanAm Outlander 400XT

2008 Honda Rancher 420ES

Post Thanks / Like
    Damn, I just picked up a bottle of #80 from the local paint shop now I gotta go back tomorrow for a tin of #16--don`t have any so I gotta try it right?!

here`s a question: How does mother`s pure paste wax compare? I know it is more expensive, but is durability comparable?
    I`ve been wondering the same thing. I see it all over the place and have heard good things about other mother`s waxes. I`ve tried 3M PI show car paste wax and like it. Very clear reflections and wet-looking although not as wet as Natty`s. Supposed to be durable too but I haven`t left it on long enough to tell. About same price as #16 for a 10.5 oz tin.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m not worried except for the #16. I have 1 can left, and will just save it for some time.

But I hope they don`t drop the #80 series or any one of them (especially #80 Speed Glaze). A good number of megs followers may be disappointed.

OFF-TOPIC:

You referring to Mom`s Phase 3? It`s a carnauba (liquid and paste) but different from #26 in the looks department. Or not as deep as #26, or reflective as #16. Just like in the middle.

It`s not a bad wax! But I see Mom`s Carnauba Cleaner Wax (different from Phase 3) to have more depth, but not much reflective. It`s just me.
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like
    Great. I got hooked on #16 just 3 months ago and they dump it. Is my timing great or what?

Aside from just stocking up let me ask:

What waxes look, bead, and behave(durability) most like #16?

Even if NXT paste turns out good, it`s not the same as #16.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think what Corey mentioned earlier is right on in regards to Meguiar`s. The cost to reformulate a product is high and it just isn`t economically feasible to do for the compnay, especially since their focus these days is clearly consumers with the Gold Class and NXT lines being pushed so hard. I think 16 is a great product and it is sad to see it go, but I`ll live. That is the beauty of competition.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Artificial-I

EPA VOC requirements , not moving away on their own. Forced too.

That kinda sucks. They may not be able to ever make a product like these again. Im not too worried about #16 but I would have like to tried mppc. But better not get into that one now, im sure I might like it too much and dont want to depress myself.

It all depends on how you look at it. This will force companies to come up with new stuff.

I like evolution.

Would you want to have available only what was available 50 years ago? Look at all the wonderful products that are for sale in 2005.

Bring on the changes!

That reminds me - has anyone tried the NXT paste yet? I saw it a week ago at a store.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tdekany

That reminds me - has anyone tried the NXT paste yet? I saw it a week ago at a store.

Where???

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MattZ28

Where???

It`s available here in south Louisiana at Advance Auto. Used it last weekend.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by MattZ28

Where???

Advance Auto parts has had it for about a week here in Memphis.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ram

It`s available here in south Louisiana at Advance Auto. Used it last weekend.

That was the store - I couldn`t remember the name because I rarely visit the store (out of my way)

Post Thanks / Like
    :grrr ...EPA ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by txz28

:grrr ...EPA ...

No kidding. I love how they go after .00000005% of the problem because this is easy.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

No kidding. I love how they go after .00000005% of the problem because this is easy.

The one that really bugs me is the $20000 fine that the oil compmanies are charged for dumping poison into the ocean while they make a billion a day.:down :down :down

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tdekany

It all depends on how you look at it. This will force companies to come up with new stuff.

I like evolution.

Would you want to have available only what was available 50 years ago? Look at all the wonderful products that are for sale in 2005.

Bring on the changes!

They probably werent forced to just drop lines. Also I could care less if it was offered 50 years ago, just as long as they could use whatever chemical they deemed safe and shine enhancing.

If this trend keeps up they might not be able to create as strong of products or some other attribute. Just think of it like the rainforrest, something just went extinct. Thats not good for anybody. Allthough everyone will be just fine without, they might of just lost that "something."

Oh well. :wavey Bye bye stuff.

Post Thanks / Like
    The rain forest can`t be replaced. Chemicals can be.

just look at cars.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information