Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    So I was in Target last night with Liz looking for a new spot treater that was reasonably priced to clean up a few messes that Buckley has made on our cream carpet. On the bottom shelf, I saw this generically labeled bottle called Folex and a bell went off in my head.

I remember seeing this name on Autopia being reccomended to me for cleaning carpets as compared to my regimen. Well, I am always looking to improve so I purchased the bottle for $5.99 (32oz). All I kept thinking about was this picture from blkyukon:

Well, my questions to anyone who has used it are:

-Do you like it?

-Do you use it on all of your carpet messes?

-Do you use it as a spot treater?

-Do you use it as a full carpet cleaner (dilution)?

-What is your preferred method of using it?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like
    Just used it for the first time last night.

It works as advertised. It got the spots right out of my floor mats. Then I treated the whole mat and it got rid of that brown tint that I could never get out with other cleaners.

Just spray, rub with fingers, then blot up.

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like Folex and have been using for awhile. I use it for spotting stains and have had great success with it. Besides, the price is right.

Post Thanks / Like
    I`ve used it to clean up some dog slip ups in the house with good success but have yet to try it in the car. I tried your Oxy clean mixture last time I cleaned my truck which worked well. However my truck carpets never really get dirty.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have only used it a couple of times around the apartment, not the car, yet.

I am extremely happy with the results.

We had one stain that hadn`t come out with a couple of other cleaners and it came out completely with Folex.

I`ve only used it as a spot treatment so far, but I would imagine it would be fantastic on larger areas.

I sprayed, let it dwell a minute or two, scrubbed with a scrub brush, and wiped dry with a clean terry towel. I imagine extracting with a heated extractor would only improve the results.

Also, there is no odor or residue left over, the carpet is hard or disfigured at all, just nice and soft.

I love it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I consider it a staple in the arsenal. On a very rare occasion a spot may appear in the cars,I spray Folex, igitate with my finder and blot dry with a mf or terry. I use it a little more often in the house or on spots on clothes. Great stuff for sure. I can see following up a shampooing job with it as neeeded.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried it based on the comments in Autopia. That was a year ago. Been using it ever since on details, and in my home (I have 3 cats). Works great, and is safe. Recently I got a full sized Bissell home carpet cleaner, and have used Folex as the cleaner instead of the Bissell stuff, and it works fantastic. No smell, no residue, and no rinsing, because it doesn`t suds up. I only wish I can get it in gallons.

We pay $9.99 CDN up here normally, but I usually bulk up when I see it on sale for $7.99.

I was talking to a flooring professional recently, and he told me that all the carpet installers here recommend Folex also. :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Another product to add to my must try list!
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I use it more often in the house than in cars, but when I do, I use it as a spotter. I find that less is more and very little is needed to remove the spot. Agitating with a brush, then blotting seems to work well with me. I use it straight so IMO it is not that economical when doing other people`s cars. I still prefer the costco APC when detailing, the dilution ratio and cost make it a breat bargain(as you know).

FWIW, Home depot carries the folex by the gallon should you decide to use it excusively.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by ebpcivicsi

FWIW, Home depot carries the folex by the gallon should you decide to use it excusively.

Yeah, that`s what I was told too. But up here in Kanadia, all the retailers only carry the small bottles. I even asked, and they said they don`t carry the gallons.

Post Thanks / Like
    OK... my interest is tweaked .. Folex users... any stains this is particularily good at cleaning? Any stains it struggles to clean well? Any other pros and cons?

Thanks for the help
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 2wheelsx2

Yeah, that`s what I was told too. But up here in Kanadia, all the retailers only carry the small bottles. I even asked, and they said they don`t carry the gallons.

Sorry, I should have specified. In Memphis at the Germantown location they sell the Folex by the gallon.

Post Thanks / Like
    One thing I forgot to mention... Folex is great on tennis/running/crosstrainer (etc.) shoes. I used it on some year-old cross trainers and they look almost new.

Granted, I do use some type of cleaner on them every couple of months, usually the athletic shoes foam cleaner that they sell in shoe stores.

I think Folex did a better job than the shoe cleaner, though.

It won`t get everything off (or put the white back on that has worn off), but it will make a great improvement.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean,

I have been mentioning this product...maybe you remember the thread...anyhow I love it. It is very effective in cleaning but very gentle on carpets. We use it around the house all the time.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    How time has flown by....

http://autopia.org/forums/showthread...ighlight=folex

Always have, and alway will use Folex!

Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information