My plan was to wash the Nissan today and throw a coat of #16 on it. That way it would be about as fresh as the coat of Blitz on the Regal. The Nissan is outside at home, garaged at work, while the Regal is garaged at home, outside at work, so seemed fair enough. But then I thought, what the hell, why not a half-and-half.

The Nissan was in nice shape with a month old coat of #16 still going strong. The paint is pretty smooth with good gloss and shine.

Here is the car ready to be waxed. At this point it had just been washed via the QEW method as it is in the 20F`s today:

The contenders, ready to get to it:

The application of both was interesting. The Blitz feels softer in the can, and as a result it is easier to apply. The applicator glides around more easily than the #16 applicator does. Neither is difficult to apply, but the #16 is grabbier. The #16 also feels thicker and more substantial in the can and on the app. Both have a mild smell, #16 of crayons, and Blitz of beeswax. Wipeoff was similar to application. Blitz is slightly easier to wipe off, the towel slides over it more. However, neither is difficult to buff.

I also applied the waxes to the black insert between the side window and the 1/4 window on each side, and I applied it to the side mirror housings. The housings are a single stage paint, the kind that get oxidized pretty easily and generally look cheap and like crap. They were still in nice shape from the #16 on them a month ago, but it`s a decent test of the solvent levels. The #16 took off less black from the housing than Blitz did. You`ll see on the #16 app two lines, though, where I bumped some rubber... Neither one took off very much. Most products will take off more than that, including non-abrasive products like Klasse SG and such:

Edit: removed the pictures with the flash on