Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m trying to decide between the Four Star Leather Conditioner as a replacement for the Pinnacle Leather cleaner/conditioner that is almost empty.

I`ve also trying to consider Zaino Z10 as well.

Does the Four Star have a good leather smell ? How does it compare to Zaino and Pinnacle? How`s the conditioning quality? Durability?

I`d like to know your opinions on the above products.

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino leather conditioner smells exactly like leather, so much so my cat thinks I`m a cow when I use it and come back into the house. It`s very easy to use and leaves a nice matte finish. I use it on all my abs plastic pieces inside my car because I don`t have leather but I love the smell and it works great on that as well. Whenever I use it on a customers car they buy it on the spot. Their cleaner is exellent too. Either product will not streak or discolor anything on any leather surface wheather it`s coated or not. The smell lasts a good 3 weeks and the finish lasts around 3 months. I believe one cleaner and two conditioners should last one car about 5 years, unless you go crazy and put it on every month. I put two thin layers on with a foam applicator.
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Fourstar does have a good leather smell. I`ve just received a bottle but have yet to use it.

The smell is similar to both Gliptone leather cleaner and conditioner, only not as concentrated. Gliptone was the first leather product to capture the Connolly leather smell (RIP )

Post Thanks / Like
    I own both 4* and Zaino Z10 leather conditioners and IMHO Z10 is the better conditioner.

Cost is about the only area where the 4* conditioner beats out Z10; 4* costs $14.95 for 16 fl.oz while Zaino Z10 costs $10.95 for 8 fl.oz.

Z10 conditioner has the more realistic and longer lasting leather scent, the 4* scent has more of a man-made, chemical leather smell, while the Z10 scent is "warmer" and more natural smelling. Also the Z10 scent lasts for 4-6 weeks.

Z10 is easier to use, just rub on a thin layer and leave, while 4* requires that you apply and then buff off excess conditioner.

Used correctly, Z10 leaves a more matte finish than 4* conditioner, which can leave too much shine for my taste.

I do not think the 4* leather conditioner is a bad product (it is better than many), but IMHO, if you want the best conditioner out of the two, Zaino Z10 wins hands down.

I do not recommend many products here on Autopia, but if your vehicle is leather trimmed, IMHO Z10 is one of those "must-try" products. I do not think you will be disappointed.
    Later ......

Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not tried the Z10...but have been very happy with the 4* leather products. I use the cleaner every 3 months and use the conditioner every 3-4 weeks. It does have a nice smell and at least on my leather it is matte and when properly buffed off it is not slick at all.

I have the Pinnacle 1 step product you have been using and feel that the 4* conditioner does more "conditioning" but of course it doesn`t really clean much...are you thinking about a separate cleaner too?

I found the Pinnacle to be a bit slicker than the 4*, but the results will probably differ from one car to another. Using the 4* cleaner I got a bit more cleaning than using the Pinnacle 1 step as you would expect; my car is new and I`ve taken good care of the seats so I don`t have much in the way of dirt to clean.

Prior to trying the 4* products I had been using Megs Gold Class and the 4* blew that away...no matter how long I let the GC sit or how much I tried to buff it off, my butt slid all over the seat for a week after I used it. I really feel comfortable using the 4* leather products and feel that a separate cleaner and conditioner is the only way to go.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Good thread, as I have been debating on what to purchase as well. Its either 4* or Zaino to me. Ive been leaning to the Zaino for some time now.

I hope more people offer their opinion to try and make it easier on me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried using MOTHERS leather cleaner and conditioner? They`re both inexpensive products that produces good results and the smell of the conditioner is absolutely fanstastic.
    RENAULT - YUP! That`s my Name!!!

2005 Subaru Imprezza STi

Post Thanks / Like
    Whichever leather conditioner you wish touse make sure it is the proper one, as in designed for either aniline or cleared leather.

Pinnacle, while a nice leather conditioner, streaks on dark leathers. The 4* is a nice product also, less streaking on dark leathers than the Pinnacle, it also has a nice leather smell.

I am told the streaking is due to a lanolin base and should be avoided on dark leathers.

I am now using Leathermaster and for protected leathers 303 is hard to beat. I have also used the Optimum protectant recently and ampleased with that product so far.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Which of the two (4* or Zaino ) Provides a more Matte finish?

Post Thanks / Like
    How are you guys getting 3-6 weeks of scent out of Z10? I`m at three weeks now and just about all scent disappeared after 10 days, with the strong scent lasting 5-6.

Post Thanks / Like
    So what your saying is 4* for darker leathers? What about Zaino?

Cleared leather meaning coated leather correct?

Would Zaino and 4* work with dark coated leather?

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven`t used 4Star, but have Z10. My list of leather conditioners include:

Lexol,

TW leather conditioner/cleaner,

Pro`s Leather Lotion,

Automagic`s Leather con.,

Tannery Vintage,

Tanner`s Preserves creme,

EO Leather con.,

Black Magic,

Megs and Z10 has the best leather smell of all of them. It also states on the bottle that it`s perfect for all leather and vinyl surfaces so I used it on my dash and door as well.

I wish it were available in a little larger bottle than the 8 oz. And to be honest, I can`t get the smell to last more than a couple of days in my car. But it does provide a very clean, matte look to all the surfaces I apply it to. :xyxthumbs

V...

Post Thanks / Like
    My findings are the same as RedondoV6 and the smell does last quite a while.

IMO I think the reason so don`t smell it as long is because you get use to the smell by driving in it everyday. I sometimes don`t drive my Yukon for a few days and when I get back in it smells like I just conditioned the seats. And people always comment on the leather smell in my truck whether I just conditioned them or if it`s been a few weeks.

CutNAction I`ve used Zaino on dark leather it works great and it doesn`t leave any white residue.

Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW I have coated leather and use Woolite and Water 6:1 mix to clean and 303 to dress/condition. I have had great results and love the look. For coated leather I see no real reason to condition. As a matter of fact my understanding is that leather conditioner could harm the vinyl coating. The W&W mix saves money too

Post Thanks / Like
    My favorite is Zaino Z-10. Great smell and it works great on black leather.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information