Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by cgc2

:showpics

:showpics

There are pics of my Tractor and Mustang in this thread! LOL BUT... I want to see Scottwaxes pics and am dying to see N100 pics!
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RichPug306xsi

Fantastic thread- cant wait to see the results of this creations!

Mr Treen - just noticed your new avatar @ PSOOC - something you`d like to share???!!
    The car detailing fanatic formerly known as AndyC

Peugeot 205 GTi Mi16, Vauxhall Vectra SRi CDTi, Renault Clio Dynamique 16v

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by TortoiseAWD

In my experience, I`ve never had problems with #16 staining trim. On the smooth plastic bits on my car (like the b-pillars and trim near the gutters on the roof), I just go ahead and wax them. Never a problem with staining. On textured plastic, I`ve found just about any paste will leave some residue if I`m careless, but the pastes in my arsenal (S100, Souveran, Natty`s, #16) have never left a lasting stain. Elbow grease and a MF usually takes care of any residue without much problem.

That`s been my experience as well. When I had the Volvo wagon, I always treated the rubberized/plastic exterior trim with paste wax, either #16 or 476S. No problems, but you do have to remove any excess.

If I were gonna start doing this mixing thing I`d try mixing 476S with something...

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by eShine

There are pics of my Tractor and Mustang in this thread! LOL BUT... I want to see Scottwaxes pics and am dying to see N100 pics!

It`s coming! Darn rain has delayed me from doing a review!

Post Thanks / Like
    Keep it up guys and gals this is funny stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can`t wait to see the final pictures, and see how long the stuff last.

Post Thanks / Like
    I to am interested in seeing Scott`s pics . Pretty kool thread :up

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow way cool thread. Im buying some nattys so i might mix a small amount with a small amount of #16. Ultra wet and durable?

Its a great thread, u can not advertise "secret finish" if u trade.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by OI812

Keep it up guys and gals this is funny stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can`t wait to see the final pictures, and see how long the stuff last.

:p :bounce You guys are really hardcore! If we keep this up, we won`t have to wait for the manufacturers to create the ultimate product!!

:wavey
    Life is just too short to drive a substandard vehicle...

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m actually surprised there hasn`t been a thread like this sooner!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a new mixture/ Meg`s 16/S-100 and collinite 915. I tried it today and I really like it. It isnt quite as easily to remove as S-100 alone,but the shine and slickness is just "wow".

Post Thanks / Like
    wanna send out some samples andrew?

:up

what about trade secrets, and nattys?

Detailing Rottweiler 1 Clean WS6's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Impressive....most impressive indeed.
    Mike
    Sweating the Details Mobile Detailing Service
    Owner/Operator

Post Thanks / Like
    okay so here is what I did tonight as a little experiment and for the sake of coming up with another combo I figured why not...I took some Meguire`s #26...now I`ve always liked #26`s warmth on a car but not it`s durability or ease of application so it just ends up sitting in my garage most of the time. I then melted that down with a jar of pinnacle paste glaze...

I like paste glaze a lot even though I know it`s more for light color vehicles I still really enjoy this stuff on my black car. I like it`s ease of use and it`s initial slickness.

I then added four (4) `squirts of 4* UPP to the melted concoction to see if I could give the hybrid some durability. I keep my UPP in a 32oz industrial spray bottle and then just `squirt` it on an applicator and apply it to a vehicle so I turned it to a stream pattern and put 4 streams of it in (probably like 3/4 of an oz tops)

Now when I started this it was just to see if I could do it and if I could add liquid UPP to the mix. well it worked, I put in the frig and let it cool for some time then I went out to my black SRT-4 in the garage and put AIO on the hood and front bumper cover and was ready for the hybrid topper.

What I came up with was very rewarding I think. I got the smell and warmth of #26 and the ease of use of PG. I could apply it to the whole hood and bumper and by the time I was done applying I could wipe it clean from the car with no streaking what so ever. wiped clean with one pass of an MF towel. The slickness is on par with UPP and I`m hoping the durability is the same, although I`m not real concerned with this aspect as much because I`m always putting something on the car, but we shall see with time. Here are some bad pics in the garage at night under two fluorescent lights. I will get some more in the sun when I go over the whole car but for now I am very pleased with my initial creation...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Picture062.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Picture068.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...Picture061.jpg

keep mixing autopia...

Post Thanks / Like
    Chris.....you must have cabin fever....way too much time on your hands

I melted down some Pinnacle Paste wax some years ago, bought caught my long locks on fire when it erupted......:scared Turns out I had the flame on too high..live and learn.

How about adding Gummy Bears to the wax......then you can wax some, munch some, wax some, munch some...?

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Anthony Orosco

How about adding Gummy Bears to the wax......then you can wax some, munch some, wax some, munch some...?

LOL!!!!!!!!

Now I keep picturing that! The picture of the saucepan full of clear blue liquid, then a big handful of gummy bears tossed in! You could let it cool with the gummy bears still whole, sort of like fruit in jello!! :lol

I have tears Anthony!!

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread Information