Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    eShine:

yeah you`re right! these liquid chems do separate. read my added/edited post on the below portion.
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by tripper_11

!:

EDIT:

You`re taking this hobby into greater heights! More challenges! Who knows? In the near future, this interest may become more on mixing products than just applying them. And no longer one single product will satisfy the Autopian taste!:bounce

Who knows! Maybe some day we can all create recipes! LOL. It will be like grandmas secret pasta sauce recipe!
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Gee, I`ve got a jar of #26 and #16 i don`t use, i wonder what they would be like together....hmmmmm :p

Let us know how it comes out!

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by RCBuddha

Gee, I`ve got a jar of #26 and #16 i don`t use, i wonder what they would be like together....hmmmmm :p

Let us know how it comes out!

I would think it would just become a bigger jar of #26. Isn`t #26 basically just an updated of #16 but with cleaners added to it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok, these pics are the best I can do. It is night time and there is barely any light. My White never looked so wet!

Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JDookie

I would think it would just become a bigger jar of #26. Isn`t #26 basically just an updated of #16 but with cleaners added to it?

No, 26 is different, and no cleaners. I think 16 is pure carnauba, while 26 has silicones and polymers in it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks good....

Now i`m thinking of mixing Natty`s with my S100.....

Post Thanks / Like

Looks good....

Now i`m thinking of mixing Natty`s with my S100.....

Just do me a favor and use real low heat! It starts melting ASAP with the burner set as low as it can go. I was able to dip my finger in it and it was barely hot. I should have turned the burners down at that point. It took only 10 min to get it all completely melted then about 15 min in the fridge to get it solid again.
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by eShine

Just do me a favor and use real low heat! It starts melting ASAP with the burner set as low as it can go. I was able to dip my finger in it and it was barely hot. I should have turned the burners down at that point. It took only 10 min to get it all completely melted then about 15 min in the fridge to get it solid again.

Will do.... Did you notice any changes as to how it applied/removed as compared to them individually?

Post Thanks / Like
    awesome reflections on white!!!!
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like

Will do.... Did you notice any changes as to how it applied/removed as compared to them individually?

Yes! P21S was real easy to apply, #16 can be a bear. Together is not as bad as #16 but not as good as P21S. It met right in the middle.
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting...I think i might make a batch of "N100" to use after it stops raining here in CA!

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting...I think i might make a batch of "N100" to use after it stops raining here in CA!

Good one! N100! LOL So now we have P16S and N100 on the way! LOL
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    I wonder how different this would be to mixing in some pure carnauba and/or beeswax to make your own down-home Zymol. Call it Zoomol.

I think you can buy half pound blocks of beeswax for $11-12 and nearly pure carnauba for under $20. Or is the carnauba in these much better than what woodworkers can buy?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by JDookie

Wow, 115 degrees F. Down here in New Orleans, we get summer temps. in the high 90`s on a regular basis. Surface temps. during that time must be well over 115 degrees, which confirms the idea that waxes aren`t a good choice in the summer months while exposed to extreme heat.

Sealants = Summer

Sealants + Carnauba = Winter

But don`t these waxes have a bunch of stuff added to them that make them softer than pure carnauba? There is a good chance that they also decrease the melting temp significantly. When you put the wax on the car you can see it haze as the solvents, etc evaporate. I`d bet that the melting point of the wax that actually ends up on your car is a lot higher than 115 degrees. Pure carnauba melts at around 180F according to this site:

http://www.ndt.net/article/wcndt00/p...555/idn555.htm

BTW, cool experiment!!

EDIT: I re-read your post and you didn`t say that the waxes will melt on your car or anything. So I agree with you that waxes probably aren`t as good as sealants in the hot summer. Because they don`t melt at 115 F doesn`t mean they won`t have softened to the point where they will smear, etc. Just wanted to make sure nobody thinks their wax will melt and drip off their car!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread Information