Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718

Post Thanks / Like
    mmmmmmmmmmm were crazy mixing waxes together not even in my wildest dreams id have tough of it

Post Thanks / Like
    I did original Natty`s & #16 when this thread first started. Pretty nice stuff and seems to have the best of both waxes, although it`s not my goto wax.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi!

I had about a 1/8th, probably a bit more of Nattys Original paste wax, i dumped in a sample size container of FK1 Pink Wax.

Looks pinky, smells fruity, could be mistaken for Nattys red. Beads well, its only been 2 weeks looks very wet. I really want to to see if it will last 3 months!

Geoff

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok from my experience with mixing products as i apply to the car.

1) The wettest looking wax`s have the worst durability

2) The wettest looking wax`s are softer

3) The softer wax`s often contain LESS carnauba

4) The wettest products are actually glazes and dont contain any carnauba at all.

5) Glazes often are wipe on wipe off and dont have to dry on the car.

If you look at souveran its a extremely wet wax with poor durability. Its very similar to a glaze. Pinnacle dont mention how much carnauba is in souveran because it contains hardly any. People think carnauba provides wetness but they are wrong, if Pinnacle stated that souveran had only 5% carnauba a lot of people wouldn`t buy it because they would think its crap. Of course by adding lots of glossy oils to souveran they get the insane wetness but this also reduces durability. Its all about compromise.

So my idea is to mix a wet glaze with a carnauba wax. You then end up with a product with poor durability but excellent wetness for a fraction of the price of souveran. The higher the percentage of glaze you add the less durability you get but the wetter the product becomes.

Meguiars #7 show car glaze mixed with Natty blue would be an insanely wet combo. Mixed 50/50 it would be a very soft paste or a thick cream that would be very easy to spread. As meguiars #7 doesn`t dry it would turn the natty wax into a wipe on wipe off product like souveran. The perfect wax to apply the day before the car show.

You could even buy a 250gram block of pure carnauba wax for $20, 250gram of Natty blue and mix a full 500ml bottle of show car glaze.

You`ll then end up with 1kg of the wettest carnuaba wax for under $50!

People here dont have a clue. Mixing a durable wax with a soft wet looking wax will not result in a durable and wet wax. It will now result in a semi-durable semi-wet looking wax. Which you could just buy off the shelf.

Pinnacle souveran has poor durability but excellent wetness.

Poorboys Natty blue has average durability but good wetness.

Meguiars #16 has good durability but average wetness.

Collinite 845 has excellent durability but poor wetness.

Buy the product that suits your needs. There is no point mixing natty blue and Collinite as you`d end up with something similar to #16.. No point mixing souveran and #16 as you`d end up with something similar to Natty blue.

My idea of adding natty blue and a wet glaze would result in a product that doesn`t exist. Basically it would sit between souveran and a wet glaze. Nothing on the market fits in this gap, but it would be ideal for showcars. It may only last a week, but it would sit nicely between the durability of a glaze which is a couple days and the durability of souveran which is a couple weeks. The wetness would be worth it.

I might provide samples of my "show car wax" if i end up making it.

Another option would be to mix Collinite 845 with a Klasse Sealant Glaze. Wetness would be better than Klasse by itself but not as good as 845 by itself. Durability would be better than 845 by itself but not as good as Klasse by itself. I suppose it would end up being something like Wolfgang deep gloss sealant.

Post Thanks / Like
    mmmmm TTWAGN you know your stuff

im tight so what cheap wax would go with S100 ?

ive curently got nxt gen 1/2 a bottle and 1/2 a tub of P21S so any ideas ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirt_Turbo
    mmmmm TTWAGN you know your stuff

im tight so what cheap wax would go with S100 ?

ive curently got nxt gen 1/2 a bottle and 1/2 a tub of P21S so any ideas ?
    Theres hundreds of wax`s on the market. By blending two of them together theres a good chance you`ll end up with something similar to another product available on the market.

There is also a chance that the wax`s aren`t compatible or the heat stuffs up the end product.

What product best suits you depends on what you want.

The longer lasting products (sealants) are often shiny and glossy but not very wet looking. The wet looking products often have poor durability and wont have the sharp reflection of a sealant.

I`ll paste a PM i just sent to another user as its fairly useful.

Sounds good, most products that i have managed to get the basic ingredients of have been very similar. This not only applies to wax`s but also shampoo, degreaser and quick detailers. It seems that most have at least 50% commonality and the only difference is the dilution ratio and the manufacturer of the ingredients. E.g In a spray wax the more expensive silicones/polymers have a higher temperature rating so they will last slightly longer.

I believe there is a fairly limited amount of basic ingredients that are used in wax`s so your idea of using raw ingredients may reduce the price and improve the quality and insure compatibility.

Though making a custom blend, there is a good chance you could find a 99% similar product available off the shelf.

Souveran has a nice niche as its wetter than most wax`s, but trades off durability (3 weeks) as a result. I believe there is room for an even wetter wax that has very limited durability (1 week) for show cars. There is no product that fits this niche. Meguiars #7 would come close but it would struggle to last a day or two.

Most people with daily drivers would hate this custom wax due to it wearing off so quick, but for the application of giving insane wet gloss for car shows it would be hard to beat.

Post Thanks / Like
    i tryed meguairs nxt gen mixed with P21S, i held it over a sauce pan in a plastic lid, only made about a few drops of nxt with a tiny chunk of nxt,

don`t know why , but it turned into a very oil wax, i tryed it on a bug spray can it went on very gressely but came of ok with a fair bit of smearing but thats how nxt is

so hows the S100 and natty s blue combo for a red car , hows the shine and durability etc

Post Thanks / Like
    if anyone wants/needs some #16, i have one Brand New tin ! pm me if interested...

Post Thanks / Like
    All of this mixing has really confused me. I don`t want to get too into waxes but I`d like a good one to throw on for a weekend If I wanted too. Maybe on top of a cured sealent.

I have a White BMW 325i Wagon.

From what I know about getting anything out of a white paint I would maybe want P21s Concours Wax. S100 is the same thing with a cheaper label. Nattys Red advertises for White Cars too.

Are those my two best options?

Post Thanks / Like
    `I mixed Mothers Cal. Gold and Meguiers Gold Class together. I used the Mothers wax container and filled it with water then place the Meguiers wax container in the Mothers container and turn on the heat stir with a spoon untill it\`s all melted.\r\n\r\n\r\nFinal product \r\nI will try this combo on my S10 truck.`

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718

Thread Information