Post Thanks / Like
    I`ll start by saying that I really disliked this product at first; I thought it was a waste of money. But I stuck with it, and now I can share some tips. It really is a good product, but it`s also finicky until you figure it out; then it`s easy.

Starting with a clean, dry car, spray the wax not onto the paint but onto the applicator, either a foam pad or a mf towel or pad. Then, work quickly and casually, wiping the product all over the surface. I compare this to sprint-detailing, really. There`s no need to work it into the paint, no need to apply pressure. You`re swiping it on. Avoid creases and crevices. There`s no need to get closer than an inch; you`ll cover that area at removal time. But the raw product likes to run into creases. Avoid trim. That`s part of the reason for spraying onto the applicator rather than the paint; who wants to use a QW and then spend an hour on trim? The film will spread to the edges when you do the removal.

At this point it should look kind of like a "fog" on the paint, if you applied it thin enough. The rest is easy. Get two mf towels and, with one in each hand, wipe the fog off.

That`s it. If you gave your bottle away and you`re happy, that`s cool. Don`t run out and get another one because I figured it out. But if still have a bottle that you used maybe once or twice, try this sprint method. It saves about half the time of a regular NXT wax, and extends the life of the bottle of NXT that you now have. Remember, the protection of NXT lasts a lot longer than the "pop". All you`re doing with the spray is "repopping". THere`s no need to re-establish the film, it`s already there.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    You got it exactly. Nice post. I apply product exactly as you say to restore the NXT pop quickly and easily. It works for me and I like it (especially on Silver Metallic paint). :xyxthumbs

Although I`m really liking the Optimum Spray Wax also, it eliminates the wipe off step and leaves a nice slick gloss too. Have you tried that ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I get excellent results by spraying it into a MF and applying it very quickly to the entire car. I canot get it to work with a foam applicator......

Post Thanks / Like
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    I really never had any problems with application of this product (I never spray a product of a quik wax constancy directly to paint) but I did have problems with its lack of the ability to maintain the gloss enhancement beyond a fews days. The glossers just seem to evaporate away and the resultant surface needed to be enhanced again. I would expect this from a glaze but not a wax/appearance booster.

Not a terrible product but I just haven`t found a niche for its use. Definitely not on a paying job.

My observations or evaluation maybe skewed by the usage of other superior product`s results ( Sonus, Zaino, CK QS, WG`s QD) presently on or almost ready ( ) for the quik detailing market. :nixweiss

Post Thanks / Like
    If there`s a product that works better for you, then there`s no need for this one!

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Mosca

If there`s a product that works better for you, then there`s no need for this one!

Tom

Exactly!!!! :xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Post from Mike Phillips On How to Use Booster Spray

I agree with the methods you have used with the Booster Spray. I find that not spraying on the surface but rahter applying with a MF app and not trying to work it into the paint is the best way.

Also, remember to shake the bottle well before using.

I like the product. I am not sure I would use it for paying customers but for when I want something alittle more than a QD but don`t want to rewax the whole car. This product fits the bill.
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    I like NXT wax but not the booster spray. I have experimented with NXT and have let it beading for 4 weeks max, but I have to say, though it`s beading, the looks diminish from that of the first week.

If the booster is intended to produce the previous pop, how long does it last? In your experience? Does the shine disappear after a little less than 3-4 days (even without washing)?
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Tom,

Thanks for taking the time to post some very informative advice. Since I have been applying NXT Tech Wax to my own vehicles about once a month, I now think I will try your NXT Spray methods between Tech Wax applications.

Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a consumer product, so I agree that it`s not a good idea to use on customers cars.

The Booster wax shine lasts 2-4 weeks where I live. My assumption is that it should be used once a month, but climates and such vary.

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    I just feel that NXT in itself is easy to work with therefore its just as easy or easier to re-apply it as needed then to bother with the spray.

Thread Information