Post Thanks / Like
    well, I decided to write up a mini-review on the poorboys trim restorer. the test subject was my 2004 Acura RSX, which has trim around the fog lights. The trim, was faded for some reason, and look almost as if it had wax stains on it. I guess I was being careless?? To start off with, the whole car was washed with mothers gold, including the trim, wheels, and everything else. I applied the trim restorer using a foam applicator pad. I notice people saying that they get even results with microfiber apps, then some say they get even results with foam apps, but I got the best results with a foam pad. I let it sit on the trim for about 10 minutes, as the instructions stated. After that, I buffed off with a poorboys microfiber (green work towel). I was pretty happy with the results. Extremely even, results... no streaks what so ever. No, residue, different gloss patterns, or anything. Best results I have had with a product for trim in awhile. As the product is named, I would consider it a restoration product, but it does have some dressing abilities/characteristics. Basically a trim dressing on steriods. Durability has lasted through multiple rain storms, and its snowing right now, with my car parked outside, so I`ll keep you updated on how the foglights fare with the weather conditions. Here are the pics:

Driver side, just washed

Passenger side, finished

the yellow towel was for removing the wax, not the one i used for removing the trim restore, as stated above

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review Navindra, I love this stuff. I use it regularly on the Lex. Works very well on BMW body trim as well...pics coming.

I`m also hoping now that Steve is selling something similar to suntan lotion we have a reason to have an annual Poorboy`s bikini contest. Think of the marketing campaign.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    I love Trim Restore. I use it on my exterior rubber trim and the black plastic trim between my hood & windshield. It really leaves a very nice satin finish and does not run even in very heavy rains.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    SilverLexus: i actually have to use it on a bmw.. the trim on that car sucks... i think its because the trim bmw uses is somewhat different than the trim on most cars...:nixweiss

u should pitch that idea to steve

mtodde: yup.. havent had problems with it running either... bnb, and natural look both look good on tires, so i can only wonder about trim restore

Post Thanks / Like
    Did it remove the wax stains or did it just cover it up?

Post Thanks / Like
    it removed them... i carefully examined the fog lights later on, to see if the wax marks were somewhat visible, or came back, but nope. ill update later on, after a couple of washes

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by NavindraLR

the yellow towel was for removing the wax, not the one i used for removing the trim restore, as stated above

Your buffing towel is on the grass, thats a no no:nono

Post Thanks / Like
    Question: Does the product restore by removing or masking the contaminants?

I`m more curious of how the trim restorer is effected by the environment and time. Could you post pictures on a biweekly interval to see how it behaves over time and to the environment?

Thanks in advance,

David

Post Thanks / Like
    How would this product work on a textured plastic? The mirrors and bumper trim on my Dakota are textured black plastic. They have some white specals all over them from a spray sealant that the dealer used. So far, nothing has done anything.

Thanks.
    2002 Dodge Dakota Sport Plus

--4.7l V8 SOHC

2004 Dodge SRT-4

--2.4l L4 DOHC Turbo

1989 Dodge Daytona Shelby

--2.2l L4 SOHC Turbo

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by stevet

Your buffing towel is on the grass, thats a no no:nono

i was done waxing the car... so i didnt really care about where i put the towel.. the next course of action was to wash it anyway

Originally posted by dternst

Question: Does the product restore by removing or masking the contaminants?

I`m more curious of how the trim restorer is effected by the environment and time. Could you post pictures on a biweekly interval to see how it behaves over time and to the environment?

Thanks in advance,

David

i`m pretty sure it removed them, and also, the description on the bottle says it removes them as well.

Originally posted by Stratous

How would this product work on a textured plastic? The mirrors and bumper trim on my Dakota are textured black plastic. They have some white specals all over them from a spray sealant that the dealer used. So far, nothing has done anything.

Thanks.

on a car i did with textured trim (pathfinder) it came out really good... the trim looked brand new, and the car was a 1995. I`d say give it a try... you`ll be happy with the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    If you have used Adam`s VRT how would you compare the 2? Im trying to decide between the two for protection of my interior as well as removing wax stains from clients cars.

Post Thanks / Like
    I believe Poorboy says Trim Restorer works better on grainy trim since it has something to grab on. I`ve noticed it does clean for my BMW trim. Nice product. Be sure to buff.

Post Thanks / Like
    actually i have a sample of VRT from Sean (gsrstilez) which im itching to try... maybe i`ll do a comparison of those two on the BMW. I dont know if i would use trim restorer on the interior. i havent, but i being that natural look is dedicated for the interior, i have used that, and with good results.. i would think that the trim restore would be a lil too glossy. maybe you can cut it down with water? have to ask steve on that one.

for what its worth, my go to dressing for the exterior was aero303, but now its trim restorer,

Post Thanks / Like
    My interior is not grainy, but more smooth plastic with some parts that are rubber. Im thinking VRT is my best bet as far as my interior.

Post Thanks / Like
    havent tried my sample of vrt yet, but we`ll see. have u tried the poorboys natural look? ive had great results with it on multiple cars.

Thread Information