Post Thanks / Like
    Is Meg #80 an oil free formulation?

Does Meg #80 eliminate or fill in minor surface marring? Combination of both filling and elimination?

Is this filling, if present, removed by f/u step of AIO?

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it fills a bit, but it will definitely remove marring as well. I would guess that AIO would remove it, but I have never applied under 1000 watt lighting to confirm. I am going on AIO`s ability to clean.

AS far as I know #80 is paintable.

I find #80 to leave the painr squeeky clean....

Post Thanks / Like
    Bodyshop safe? Yes. Does not contain wax or silicon.

Oil-free? No, contains Meguiar`s "Trade Secret Oils". Don`t know if this will be a problem, hasn`t been for me.

Eliminate marring mechanically through abrasion? Yes.

Conceal marring with oils/etc. that can be removed by AIO-type products, causing marring to "reappear"? Yes, to a limited extent.

The above is based on my most recent experiments with #80 on Accumulatorette`s A8, except for the "bodyshop safe" and "oils" bit which is straight from Meguiar`s reps (if you want to trust them ).

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys. I want to try Meg #80 as a very minor swirl remover and follow with Z2-PRO. I recently did this process on my black LS400 and protected with Klasse SG. No AIO used. Love the appearance and it has been brilliant for a month now.

I am just worried about the "oils" and Z2-Pro/ZFX adhering properly. :nixweiss

Whatever is in Meg #80 or its polishing ability, it really richens the paint.

Thanks Pat300ZX for the sample.

Post Thanks / Like
    Let us know if the Z2 bonds okay. I wish Sal (or someone) would come up with a list of polishes that could be used before Z w/o a wash. I would rather go straight to the Z vs. having to wash or clean off any residue from a polish. It adds an extra step and you run the possibility of reintroducing swirls right after a polish.
    `06 Honda Ridgeline

Post Thanks / Like
    Menzerna IP and FP work great. No need to wash even though I aways do in order to remove any polish residue from seams and such(nocks and crannies).

Also AIO works great and appears to be perfectly compatible with Zaino.

I will definitely report back, The weather here has been incredible (high 70`s) and I want to try on my white SUV daily driver.

Post Thanks / Like
    Edwin-I agree about #80 leaving a rich wet look, which is usually why I don`t even bother using a glaze afterward. I almost alway go straight to my LSP unless I am doing a 3-4 step process.

AIO should work well over it though if you want to lay down a known quantity base for Z2 Pro.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Scott.

One last question. Do you think Meg#80`s major mode of action is surface correction or filling and if filling, will AIO remove these fillers.?

TIA

Post Thanks / Like
    forgive me for chiming in... (newbie in the forum)

but as far as my experience with #80, it`s more of an abrasive cleaner rather than fillers. The TS oils they said is not the only one giving the glaze, but also the paintable polymers... This TS oil I believe is not for glazing or filling purposes but rather acting as a lubricant to the diminishing abrasives of #80

I believe #80 will "even" the surface and eliminate (through abrasives) the fine swirls (to medium) and leave some TS oils and some paintable polymers for added protection thus body shop safe. However, you can still use your AIO if the main purpose of you using #80 is to "even" the surface and eliminate the swirls. It will strip the TS oil and the paintable polymers as well.

The richness achieve by #80 is produced by the TS oils and the paintable polymers. Putting AIO will then strip this oils and polymers but since you have "leveled" the surface already I guess it`s a good base for AIO followed by the Z...
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Menzerna IP and FP work great. No need to wash even though I aways do in order to remove any polish residue from seams and such(nocks and crannies).

Also AIO works great and appears to be perfectly compatible with Zaino.

I will definitely report back, The weather here has been incredible (high 70`s) and I want to try on my white SUV daily driver.

Let me clarify my statement about Menzerna, AIO or any polish used to remove surface marring.

The recommendation by Zaino (Sal) for optimal results of his protectants is to wash prior to Zaino application. Maybe the reason I have not had any problems is because "my" post-polishing protocol always includes a wash (nocks and cranny clearing of polishing residue). :wavey

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent post and information, tripper!
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by Scottwax

Excellent post and information, tripper!

Thanks!
    I don`t go by REFLECTIONS, but the WET-LOOK factor. If reflections coincided with my end-result, it`s merely INCIDENTAL... - JMGarcia

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by blkZ28Conv

Is Meg #80 an oil free formulation?

Does Meg #80 eliminate or fill in minor surface marring? Combination of both filling and elimination?

Is this filling, if present, removed by f/u step of AIO?

TIA

Is there a reason you need a body shop safe product?

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by 94BlkStang

Is there a reason you need a body shop safe product?

I am a "strict by the book" Zaino user on my daily drivers. I try my best to adhere to the "clean" surface requirements for optimal results (appearance) and durability. I try to use low solvent (VOC`s) - low oil - low silicone type products prior to application of Zaino. This allows me to just do a good Z7 wash or just a Z6 wipedown (low to no dust polishing (AIO)) after polishing to have a marr-free clean surface. Addition manipulation of the surface prior to a gentle wash (i.e Prepsol, IPA, etc) increases the chances of re-introducings marring.

Some "Body Shop Safe" products meets these (my)requirements.

Thread Information