Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I was sent some time ago two samples of ShoKar acrylic cleaner and sealant to test out.

I have had them with me for some time now and had only done a panel or two on various cars but today on one of my regular washes I decided to do a whole car with them. After washing and drying I broke out the Cyclo, attached some white polishing pads and put a few drops of the ShoKar Multi-Step polish onto the pads and went to work.

Initial impressions were that the product spreads well, no powdery residue at all. Wipes off super easy. Leaves a very slick finish, nice gloss and I am told by the makers that it will leave behind more protection than the Klasse AIO.

Please note that the car I worked on is well kept and had no oxidation now scratches so I was not able to test cleaning abilities. I am guessing though that it can be considered a light cleaner. much like Klasse AIO. I hope to test its cleaning properties soon.

I was able to Cyclo one half of the hood, roof and front fender and then remove the slight residue left behind with ease.

Now it was time to apply the ShowKar sealant. Directions said to apply very little and it should be expressed or highlighted that VERY LITTLE is truly needed. I bet I used less than 2 ounces to cover the CL600 that it was used on. That`s very impressive!

Make up of the ShowKar sealant is very watery, so much so that it looks like water with a few drops of milk mixed in. I saw it and thought, "There is no way this stuff can be any good". My past expereinces with Klasse Sealant have never been very good so I was skeptical of this stuff also.

I applied the ShowKar sealant by hand with a MF applicator pad and did half the car and then went back at my starting point and began to remove it. I could not believe my eyes that it was coming off just as easy as Vanilla Moose or any good carnauba wax. This made a huge impact with me as Klasse SG has never worked so easy, at least with me. No smears, no hazing and no bonding times.

At this rate, and with these first results, ShowKar will replace Klasse in my arsenal. I am not yet sure of the price nor how the Multi-Step looks on dark colors as I love the look of AIO on dark colors but again at this rate ShowKar beats Klasse in my book!

As for durability, I usually finish off each car now with Optimum so that never really is a concern but I will avoid Optimum on this car for the first several washes just to see how the ShowKar holds up.

Conclusion: If you are looking for a acrylic system to replace Klasse or are seeking to use an acrylic system for the first time then ShowKar, IMHO, is the way to go. I am very impressed with the results so far. Here are a few pictures of the CL, not very impressive pictures because of the largely overcast skies, but I figured pictures would be nice anyways.

Thank you,

Anthony

"The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Got a link, Anthony? Where can you get this stuff? Sounds interesting.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very impressive results. For me, Klasse SG delivers looks and durability, though I sometimes have trouble with hazing, regardless of application/removal. Thus far, Bill North`s WOWO

method seems to work the best. I`d gladly give this new sealant a try. Is this product available, and if so, where can it be purchased?

Jose

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony,

Looks good. One question: How long has ShoKar been in business?

Klasse appears to have the stability factor as well and I have never heard of these guys...
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    If some one like Anthony struggles with SG I don`t feel so bad. I love AIO, but have never gotten SG right...just one of those things. :nixweiss

I`ll be interested to hear what you think on this Anthony. It sounds promising, but I`ve got enough products to wait for the final verdict, LOL.

That`s a fabulous car. IMHO Mercedes does silver paint better than anyone.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    "Mercedes does silver paint better than anyone."

Except Lexus.

Or the $3K Carrera GT paint option on the Porsche 997.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Lee, I really think Mercedes rules silver paint...particularly on their higher end models. That Carrera GT we saw on OT was sweet, but for an extra $3k it better kick butt; with a premium price like that on top of the price of the car I really don`t consider that to be a standard color - just my opinion there.

Lexus & Toyota actually use the same paint in most cases. Lexus just does a much better prep job and process than Toyota does.
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    ShoKar is a product eShine created in a partnership with a large German manufacturer of high quality polishes/sealants. The formula was created last year in hopes of a new successful product in late 2004. The goal was to create a product that falls right between Klasse and Zaino and would basically make both Klasse AND Zaino user agree on a mutual product. The entire project has been put on hold due to high costs of the product and high cost of shipping the barrels from Germany to Canada/USA. The product was expensive to create thus pricing would have to be between Klasse and Zaino. We recently sent samples out to several people hoping their opinions were all positive and possibly put the project back in motion. Soooo, at the moment ShoKar is a dream but may turn into reality! You never know what 2005 will bring!
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by eShine

ShoKar is a product eShine created in a partnership with a large German manufacturer of high quality polishes/sealants. The formula was created last year in hopes of a new successful product in late 2004. The goal was to create a product that falls right between Klasse and Zaino and would basically make both Klasse AND Zaino user agree on a mutual product. The entire project has been put on hold due to high costs of the product and high cost of shipping the barrels from Germany to Canada/USA. The product was expensive to create thus pricing would have to be between Klasse and Zaino. We recently sent samples out to several people hoping their opinions were all positive and possibly put the project back in motion. Soooo, at the moment ShoKar is a dream but may turn into reality! You never know what 2005 will bring!

Any chance of getting samples?
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by mtodde

Any chance of getting samples?

We will not be sending any more samples out until ShoKar gets established. Sorry
    Chris Pace,

eShine Canada

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Chris for the background. Very interesting. Good luck with the product introduction.
    Lee

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey all,

Thanks for the good comments and the reason i did not post a link was because for the very reason expressed by "eshine".

I was not sure when or even IF it was going to be released.

Personally I would pay about $40 to $50 for a 32oz bottle of the sealant alone as it could do perhaps 60 cars for a pro and last an enthusiast a VERY LOOONG time if applied to 2 or 3 cars.

I would be willing to part out my samples to someone if interested. I am guessing that if we can get enough buzz about this product then it may make the effort of getting the stuff shipped here worth it.

I think I was sent an 8 or 10 ounce bottle of both products so I can maybe send out a few ounces.

Anthony
    "The Art & Science of Auto Detail"

Post Thanks / Like
    Anthony, I wouldn`t mind trying out the ShoKar products. I am doing a car with AIO this weekend, so it would be an awesome chance for comparison (of the cleaner anyway).

The vehicle I am doing is a moderately-severely oxidized `88 Blazer (black).

It would be as controlled and unbiased as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    It needs to be tested against AIO for cleaning abilty before I`d be impressed. We need to see an unbiased test on an oxidized car. Not many people wouldn`t want an easier SG but AIO is a very good product. Maybe klasse should be upgrading their stuff, Hint! At least a detailing spray. You have some compitition because Autoglym is winning a lot of klasse folks over too, I`ve heard nothing but good stuff about that. Also, I`d bet Sonus is going to have an acrylic formula next year too? The acrylic market seams to be flooding itself. I`m a Zaino/klasse user but I`m not looking for a compramising product personally. Upgrade an SG product and it`s a winner, but upgrading AIO would be difficult IMO. Until you have an instant cure I wont "agree" to change that product either, but when you do let me know i`ll give it a shake, or is there multiple coat capabilty Eshine? How is it a compramise between K/Z? What`s the pricing?
    A day without a scrub busting my chops is like a day w/o sunshine. :grinno:

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks really good, Anthony. I`ve only had a chance to try my samples on my dryer, but it seems very slick and was a piece of cake to use when I tested it. I finally got some more PC pads so I can test it out. We are supposed to get rain Saturday through Tuesday but I do have a customer who wants me to do 3 details over the weekend regardless of the weather. I`ll probably be able to try the Shokar `twins` but I am not sure how good the pics will be if I am stuck in a garage due to rain. :nixweiss

Glad to hear you like it though, that seems to be a pretty good sign.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information