Post Thanks / Like
    I`m wondering if anyone has used 303 on boats or maybe on truck topper gelcoats. I have a boat to do in the near future, it is in fairly good condition and i`ve been thinking of trying 303 just to see the outcome and how long it lasts.

97 bonneville/98 Z71
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have a 1990 bayliner capri which I`ve used 303 on a few times.

303 gave the boat a nice look. In my opinion, using 303 would kind of be a maintanance step and doesn`t really replace doing a full polish/wax job. I didn`t pay much attention as to how long the 303 lasted when I used it.
    "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again." John 3:3

Post Thanks / Like
    303 works very well as a final step on dark colored gelcoats, only after proper cleaning, polishing and waxing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the replies. My thinking is it would be easier for me and the boat owner to use 303 after it is cleaned. I really don`t like doing boats, unless they are in good condition. I have done my share in the past, but it only seems i see them when they need major work. I also don`t like to tie my shop with something that is hard to move and takes that long to clean.

If it was done in spring and lasted until fall that would be ideal. I mean it might need a little lov`n come fall but not a major.

Post Thanks / Like
    in my experience, 303 offers little protection on gelcoats and will not last more than a couple of weeks under regular boat use.

The two products that I found that last the longest on HEALTHY, restored, clean, gelcoat are: Zaino and Nu finish.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Originally posted by salty

I really don`t like doing boats, unless they are in good condition.

There is a lot of truth to that statement.

The only boats I now handle are the ones that are owned by my regular customers. Almost all are cleaned, polished, waxed and protected in the spring, before they go into the water and again in the summer at the dock, while they are in the water. Then they get a cleanup and polishing before winter storage. Basically, almost all of the boats that I currently maintain are taken care of at least three times a year. That way they are always in relatively good condition.

Having also done boats in the past that require major work, I now will only take on new boat detailing customers who are willing to have me keep their boat looking good all thru the season. Not just once every couple of years.

As for using 303, I have found that 303 is a great final step on dark colored fiberglass. I think it just gives the gelcoat an added measure of protection from the UV rays of the summer sun.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don`t forget Klasse AIO. It works wonders on gelcoats.

Thread Information