Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I decided to evaluate this product today since I have wayyy too many washes to review and I had a few nice candidates. It was about 35* out when I did the washes and I don`t think there was really any effect on the product testing.

I used my hose to hose down 3 different vehicles. The first vehicle, my teg, was detailed about a month ago and washed weekly since then with QEW and/or Poorboy`s S+W. The surface was lightly soiled from the recent post snow storm salt fest on the roads. The second vehicle, my brother`s GTP, was detailed back in June with UPP which was still present on the surface, but lacked any slickness. His car was moderately dirty from the same storm. The last vehicle, my mom`s new Silverado, was waxed by the dealer (dealer prep, but no buffing thank god) 2 weeks ago. This one was EXTREMELY soiled.

Anyways, I hosed down, then filled my 2 gallon buckets up. The first bucket contained 2 gals warm water mixed with 1 oz. (as directed) of PB SS&S. The second bucket was 2 gals of warm water. I used 2 genuine sheep skin mitts that were cleaned with a MF wash (soaked in and rinsed). Prior to this, they were used for only 5 washes. The mitts were in "like new" shape.

I did a standard 2 bucket wash, flipping the mitt for each 4-6 strokes per panel, rinsing out, then repeating. The feel was VERY slick on all surfaces. On the 2 recently detailed vehicles, it felt like the mitt was floating over the surface, even with a large amount of soil on the surface. Even the GTP which was detailed 6 months ago, was a piece of cake to wash. I used only the pressure of the mitt weight and only needed to double pass a couple of the lower panels on the Silverado.

The wash had very nice cleaning abilities, but didn`t feel too strong. I evaluated this by how my hands felt afterwards. With harsher washes, I notice my hands dry out and get a touch chalky. I moisturize twice a day and this lets me know if the wash is pulling the oils out (kinda like stripping wax). It left no residues behind and allowed the surface to bead up showing the LSP`s true properties. Once dried, the surface felt pretty slick on my teg and the silverado. It gave me the feeling of a relatively gentle wash, but effective. The sun was poking in and out all day and when it poked out I evaluated each surface. There were no added marrs in the paint...BIG PLUS!

Overall, I like the wash very much. I would place it ahead of Mother`s Gold and NXT Wash for effectiveness (slicker, rinse free of residue, cleans well but still feels gentle).

For value:

PB SS&S..........$15 for 32 oz............$0.47 per wash

NXT.................$7 for 64 oz..............$0.22 per wash

Mother`s Gold.$4 for 64oz................$0.13 per wash

This is where it gets killed. At more than half the price for NXT and about 1/4 of the price for Mother`s Gold, I will continue to use them for my customers vehicles that are washed prior to a full detail. For weekly washes, this wash is a definite possibility. I liked how absolutely easy it was to use and how it glided over the surface, ultimately leaving no residue and a continued slick surface.

Here are a couple pics of it`s power:

Before

After

Comments/Questions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Good review. Bad pricing.

It seems like the market is flooded with good washes. Time for companies to move on to all making other great things.

edit: Good review BTW. Has everything I like to see.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the review Sean. I did not have much success with the product but I think I used it too concentrated so maybe I will try it again. Big improvement on that truck.
    Lee
    ES330 in Millenium Silver

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review Sean. As much as I love Poorboy`s I passed on the car wash...I`ve got way too many.

I love the color of your Mom`s truck...that`s a great reflection in the door, BTW.
    2004 Toyota Solara SLE V6
    Lunar Mist Metallic

Post Thanks / Like
    Corey: I try to be as thorough as possible as I know people like all of the elements

Lee: I tried 3/4 of an ounce on my teg since it was less dirty, more freshly detailed and it worked great. 1 oz for 2 gals is perfect...Don`t get over-zealous with it

Thanks Todd.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean excellant review :up . Thorough and to the point.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sean,

Do you see yourself switching to the PB`s over the NXT wash? Like other`s have said, price has been the biggest issue with me...

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks andriver.

RCBuddha: Me personally...Not as of yet. I have many other wash samples to test out and if no bring a benefit to me moreso, than PB will become *my* wash. However, I have 1z Perls, P21s Wash, and a couple others in the lineup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice review, Sean. Thanks for breaking it down price-wise too. It seems a touch pricey but if it works well, then it can be worth it.

However, QEW, $35 a gallon (the price the local RV dealer gives me, and that does include sales tax), I get 128 washes (2 capfuls per gallon) comes out to 27 cent per wash, not to mention the savings in time.

I do have a conventional car wash soap for a couple of customers who prefer I use a hose though, I`ve been using Gold Class because it makes the water feel so slippery. I may try the PB`s wash when I run out to see if it is worth the extra.
    www.scottwax.com

Certified Opti-Coat Pro/Pro 3 installer

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review and I love the new truck... I see dad in the back ground there..

patrick

Post Thanks / Like
    Great review Sean...:up
    Only Z Best Detailing-Automotive Concours Detailing Services
    http://ozbdetailing.com
    https://www.facebook.com/ozbautodetailing

Post Thanks / Like
    Scott: I was going to review it against QEW, but they are completely different washes. I think QEW will always be in my arsenal as well as PB S+W due to their amazing versatility.

Patick: Yeah, do you see the food on the Mustang`s spoiler? He put a thick towel down first thank god and all of the food is light. 35* makes a nice fridge

Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent review, and I agree on your conclusions! The S & S is probably not a wash that a pro detailer would use on a daily basis because of the cost. However, for the enthusiast, it is a superior wash, and it doesn`t cost me anymore than the Sonax wash that it is replacing in my stash!
    D.C.T.

Post Thanks / Like
    What are you guys working on in the background, an airplane wing? Are you building an ultralight?

LOL, merry Christmas!

Tom

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for a good review; I`m always interested in high-lubricity washes. Now if they`d just offer it in gallon sizes (or larger)...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information